Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Unhook the tow bar, pull the plates, remove your personal contents. Wait a few days report it stolen. Start shopping for a new Jeep.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Go to prison for fraud.
If he tells the insurance company the truth that he put it in first gear and towed it that will be negligence. To get it covered he’s gonna have to commit insurance fraud one way or the other. Period. I’m not condoning it. it’s just the reality of the situation. When it comes to 40K just like any corporation , he ain’t gonna tell the truth and loose 40K. Leave your keys in your car, call your insurance company and say it got stolen and you knowingly left the keys in it, now pay me. They’ll say that’s negligence. You get zero.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Agree to dissection. Would be good to know actual JT capabilities. Problem is, you'd have to know the computer parameters because it doesn't matter if it is mechanically capable if computer won't allow it to function at that level.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
If he tells the insurance company the truth that he put it in first gear and towed it that will be negligence. To get it covered he’s gonna have to commit insurance fraud one way or the other. Period. I’m not condoning it. it’s just the reality of the situation. When it comes to 40K just like any corporation , he ain’t gonna tell the truth and loose 40K. Leave your keys in your car, call your insurance company and say it got stolen and you knowingly left the keys in it, now pay me. They’ll say that’s negligence. You get zero.
I dont know of any insurance company in any jurisdiction that wouldnt want to see a police report for a stolen vehicle. So add filing a false police report to fraud.

Many Insurance companies do cover negligence. What do you think it is when an accident is your fault? I'll take the truth and if they dont want to cover it I'll consider a lawsuit to enforce coverage based on contract language.

VOEguy

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Valley of Enchantment and Huntington Beach
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Retired teacher
I towed my TJ 2 miles with the E-brake on one time on new 35"s. didn't want to waste the tires so it was thump, thump until I couldn't stand it anymore.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I dont know of any insurance company in any jurisdiction that wouldnt want to see a police report for a stolen vehicle. So add filing a false police report to fraud.

Many Insurance companies do cover negligence. What do you think it is when an accident is your fault? I'll take the truth and if they dont want to cover it I'll consider a lawsuit to enforce coverage based on contract language.
Hopefully you could be legal counsel for the Person involved. You should offer your help. Prove you know what you’re talking about. I don’t think you do

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Hopefully you could be legal counsel for the Person involved. You should offer your help. Prove you know what you’re talking about. I don’t think you do
How would I prove it? What level of proof would satisfy you? Would saying I have personal knowledge through helping a few folks in my state with their insurance disputes be enough? Would I need to be working for an insurance company? Or would I need to be corporate counsel for an auto insurance company? Would I need to be so specialized as working for the insurance company in dealing with litigation of enforcing policies when the company denies coverage? For that matter, why would you matter so much that I'd go to any lengths at all to prove you wrong? :CWL: There's nothing to gain. My posts are to have people be aware of possibilities of following the advise of people on the internet.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
On the plus side, the transfer case, rear end, and transmission were able to throw all that torque back at the engine. Pretty amazing drivetrain when you think about it. And, if he managed to get up to 60, if it took 52,000 rpm as @AmishMike calculated to grenade the engine, and knowing Formula 1 V-10s of old could ONLY do 19,000, I think I have to applaud Jeep for making this show possible. This guy was obviously oblivious to everything, but I REALLY want to know at what speed this poor fella finally detonated, I'd have to assume it didn't wait until 60 to let go. Might be something to advertise, 'cause I'm sorta impressed.
Well we don’t actually know at what RPM the engine grenaded. He may well have got to 60 mph but the engine could have been failed at 40 mph for example.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Unhook the tow bar, pull the plates, remove your personal contents. Wait a few days report it stolen. Start shopping for a new Jeep.
Wow! This post should be deleted by Admins because you are offering illegal advice. The owner of the Jeep screwed up and should own up to it and deal with the consequences. Bet they never do it again.
If you wanted to give advice on insurance fraud don't do it publicly.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Funny how you say "I'm not condoning it" but your the one giving the owner advice on how to commit insurance fraud. Makes me think you've done this yourself.
This owner is most likely not on this forum anyways because he has a Wrangler and we are a Gladiator group.
Sponsored