Sponsored

scotthockey18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
That’s a vinyl wrap I did. You can grab the stuff from Amazon. It is 3M - 2080 Matte Deep Black. Very easy to do with some knifeless tape, cheap vinyl squeegee and YouTube.
Thanks for all the info... do you have a good YouTube video you recommend for the wrap?? Also, did you have enough material with the 1x5 3M kit on Amazon??

I just ordered the orange and gray letters from Limitless so once I get the tailgate wrap done and the letters arrive I’ll have some Mojave Sting Grey pics to share!

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the info... do you have a good YouTube video you recommend for the wrap?? Also, did you have enough material with the 1x5 3M kit on Amazon??

I just ordered the orange and gray letters from Limitless so once I get the tailgate wrap done and the letters arrive I’ll have some Mojave Sting Grey pics to share!
I don't think 1x5 would be enough. The tailgate section itself is about 11.5" and you need a few inches top and bottom for the knifeless tape to work. Also 5ft is not going to leave you with enough to do around the tail lights either. If you only wanted to do the tailgate (IMO it would look weird) you need the 2x5 section. If you want to do the tailgate and lights you need 2 rolls of 2x10.

RVINYL.com has some left. You can purchase two sections of 2x5 at $25 for each. Links to vinyl and squeegees are below. As far as YouTube just search for tips/tricks to install 3m vinyl wrap. FYI I did find a video specific for wrapping the gladiator tailgate, so I posted it below too.

https://www.rvinyl.com/3M-Wrap-Film-Series-2080-Matte-Deep-Black-Vinyl.html

https://smile.amazon.com/Blulu-Edge...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.33.22 AM

scotthockey18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I don't think 1x5 would be enough. The tailgate section itself is about 11.5" and you need a few inches top and bottom for the knifeless tape to work. Also 5ft is not going to leave you with enough to do around the tail lights either. If you only wanted to do the tailgate (IMO it would look weird) you need the 2x5 section. If you want to do the tailgate and lights you need 2 rolls of 2x10.

RVINYL.com has some left. You can purchase two sections of 2x5 at $25 for each. Links to vinyl and squeegees are below. As far as YouTube just search for tips/tricks to install 3m vinyl wrap. FYI I did find a video specific for wrapping the gladiator tailgate, so I posted it below too.

https://www.rvinyl.com/3M-Wrap-Film-Series-2080-Matte-Deep-Black-Vinyl.html

https://smile.amazon.com/Blulu-Edge-Applicator-Wallpaper-Installation/dp/B08BFDTJQ9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=O2FRTBOXNCZ2&dchild=1&keywords=vinyl+application+squeegee&qid=1617896018&sprefix=vinyl+apple,aps,239&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNERUMDFLNzVPMVlaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDgyMzU5MjlDVUJROUZXMEVDNCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzk4MjgyRElDNENVQjJROEFGJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.33.22 AM
Wow! Thank you for the scoop, I really appreciate it. I will order it from them... also, appreciate the video wasn’t sure if there was a specific one you recommended 🤓

I’ll sure pics when I get the project done!

Eli880

First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Cam Am Spyder F3 Ltd
Occupation
Lady of Leisure, former IBEW Local 3
Just ordered mine!! Yay!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
FINALLY!! I made time to wrap and stick the badges.

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 20210409_191710

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 20210409_191710
Insert eco diesel drooling emoji here... blue trim looks awesome!

OdieFL

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
CNC Programming
Insert eco diesel drooling emoji here... blue trim looks awesome!
Thanks I was nervous when I placed the order, I am thinking about wrapping the letters grey to lighten it up a bit.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Why the hell did Jeep put those holes under the J and the P? I wanted to remove the letters and have nothing on the tailgate...I‘m glad I watched some videos before I removed them and saw those holes or else I would have been pissed

Sponsored

Snakeyes

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales Engineer
FINALLY!! I made time to wrap and stick the badges.

Looks great. Do mind sharing more about your wrap. Did you do it yourself? What did you use was it raw vinyl or a kit? I was looking at 3m 2080 in satin but your matte looks so good now im conflicted.

OdieFL

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
CNC Programming
Looks great. Do mind sharing more about your wrap. Did you do it yourself? What did you use was it raw vinyl or a kit? I was looking at 3m 2080 in satin but your matte looks so good now im conflicted.
I ordered a kit that came pre cut in 3 sections from LB designs on Etsy. It was a bit of a PITA making sure everything was straight and matching up lines on the taillight sections, but manageable. if I were to do it again I would order raw material and use cutting tape to cut off excess material, but hindsight is 2020 right. I do love the Matte black though, came out really nice.

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a kit that came pre cut in 3 sections from LB designs on Etsy. It was a bit of a PITA making sure everything was straight and matching up lines on the taillight sections, but manageable. if I were to do it again I would order raw material and use cutting tape to cut off excess material, but hindsight is 2020 right. I do love the Matte black though, came out really nice.
@Snakeyes the wrap on mine is also the Matte (2080 Matte Deep Black). I preferred it over the satin and did it myself. Much easier to pull lines with the knife less tape then slap the vinyl on over it and rip the knifeless tape off.

Snakeyes

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales Engineer
@Snakeyes the wrap on mine is also the Matte (2080 Matte Deep Black). I preferred it over the satin and did it myself. Much easier to pull lines with the knife less tape then slap the vinyl on over it and rip the knifeless tape off.
Thanks to you both for your replies. I think im now covinced that i should so deep matte 2080 with knifeless. which was basically where i was at but the satin idea popped in my head in the last week for some reason.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
For another possible option, you could have a combination of both matte and satin black.
Just finished this topographic pattern blackout this weekend, though I decided to stay with the original Jeep badge. Was able to wrap the backup camera bezel to match as well.

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! P1011715E

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! P1011710E
Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! P1011718E
Sponsored