First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Those are the Euro-spec JL mirrors with the built-in turn signals. Must be standard on High Altitude.
Maybe for 2022, but not on 2021.
Although the mirrors do have a plastic molding at the side that appears to have no function.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Although the mirrors do have a plastic molding at the side that appears to have no function.
The spot on the side is where the blinker light is installed on the European models.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I like my white Gladiator. White Jeeps matter, too.
All Jeeps matter ;) I just don't care for white on vehicles personally. Like I say on many of my posts though, I'm glad everyone has the option to pick what they want :)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
All Jeeps matter ;) I just don't care for white on vehicles personally. Like I say on many of my posts though, I'm glad everyone has the option to pick what they want :)
White may not be the most desirable color on a vehicle, but it is the preferred color of many who live where it gets really hot. It also doesn't show the dirt like other colors. You can't tell mine is in serious need of a wash until you get up close to it.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
White may not be the most desirable color on a vehicle, but it is the preferred color of many who live where it gets really hot. It also doesn't show the dirt like other colors. You can't tell mine is in serious need of a wash until you get up close to it.
Really? To me white is the easiest color to see if it's dirty. And even in AZ we had red/silver vehicles. But I can see why it would be a bit nicer there, even if it is ugly :P

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Really? European JLs have a turn signal there.
Jeep Gladiator Two Totaled Jeeps 1620095058479

Wonder why Jeep gave High Altitude different mirrors if it wasn’t going to add the turn signals.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
It would appear someone did not come home that day. Tragedy.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
It would appear someone did not come home that day. Tragedy.
This could be the one that got hit in Indiana back in October. This was a head-on collision by a Toyota Avalon that crashed through the median and went through a hole in the wire barrier from a previous accident.

I was on the way home to TN from Michigan and was stuck 1/4 mile behind the wreck for 5 hours.

If it’s the same JT, The man in the Avalon survived with minor injuries, the JT owner was a local HS basketball coach and died at the scene.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I am pretty sure this is the gladiator from that accident. I was just about to get off of the interstate that day when a police car driving against the traffic at a high rate of speed on the shoulder, made me swerve away from the exit. I was stuck with lots of others between the crash and the exit that I tried to get off. I feel so bad for that mans family.

The picture is of the Toyota Avalon that hit the JT.

This is the news article from October 20, 2020. The crash happened on October 19th, 2020

“According to the ISP news release, the preliminary investigation by the ISP Pendleton Post crash reconstruction team said a white 2009 Toyota Avalon, being driven by Beau J. White, 48, of Kokomo, was traveling northbound in the left lane of I-69 near mile-marker 227 in Madison County. At approximately 3:43 p.m., White's vehicle left the roadway and traveled into the median of I-69, striking and proceeding through the dividing cable barrier.

White's vehicle went into the southbound left lane and into the path of a white 2021 Jeep Gladiator driven by Ingles. The vehicles collided nearly head-on. After impact Ingles' vehicle veered to the right, traveled off the roadway into the west ditch, where it caught fire.

Trooper Michael Garcia, who was traveling through the area, saw the wrecked vehicles and immediately responded. Seeing fire coming from the engine compartment of the Jeep Gladiator, Garcia rushed to the burning vehicle as bystanders pulled the unresponsive driver from the vehicle. Life-saving attempts were unsuccessful and it was determined that Ingles had succumbed to his injuries, according to the ISP release.”

18E36152-7590-413F-BAD4-42A2E68D8D80.jpeg

A4563D87-9AB4-4970-B6F1-3750075FBB05.jpeg

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Finally found out what happened after 8 months of searching and wondering.

the Toyota Avalon was driven by a disbarred Attorney. He was disbarred in 2017 for driving under influence of drugs.

Quote from another article I just found.

“Has had numerous complaints against him with the state bar, has lost his license to practice due to failure to pay dues and misconduct, 3 years ago drove off the road on hwy 69 and was arrested for being under the influence, and possession of drugs.”

He was severely injured in the crash and one article I read said that he was likely to be paralyzed from the neck down.
You never know who is on the road with you. Be careful out there!

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
There is the white hard top I think might look nice with my Gobi Sport S. Not entirely sure...

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Rail dust man... rail dust.
Sponsored