First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
will this work with molle panels from vendors like Motobilt, 818, etc...
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Any chance you fan fabricate a sexy looking, black coated t-channel that bolts on top of the side rail of a rugged ridge retractable tonneau?

OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have installed both uscargocontrol and Mac's tie downs in my Sprinter van build. My opinion is that the Mac's feel more substantial and their aluminum finish looks fantastic. If you don't want to use their kit, just buy the l-track from them and cut it to length on your own. I highly recommend them.
Appreciate the feedback. We can also cut the track to your desired length. Up to 16' lengths.

OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Any chance you'll offer these in black? The aluminum finish gives it a very DIY look :(
While black is not a standard offering, we’d be happy to accommodate. We could anodize or powder coat for an additional fee. We recommend anodizing over powder coating. Please note that, due to how the fittings lock into the track, a coating of any kind will deteriorate over time. Please give us a call at 800-666-1586 to discuss pricing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Any chance you fan fabricate a sexy looking, black coated t-channel that bolts on top of the side rail of a rugged ridge retractable tonneau?
Yes, we could. However, there might be an extended lead time for a custom project like that. If you're on a tight deadline, that type of bracket would be no problem for a talented fabricator or machinist. That's the beauty of our track system. Let your imagination run wild wit how you want to use it.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Yes, we could. However, there might be an extended lead time for a custom project like that. If you're on a tight deadline, that type of bracket would be no problem for a talented fabricator or machinist. That's the beauty of our track system. Let your imagination run wild wit how you want to use it.
I’m not on a tight deadline at all. Since rugged ridge doesn’t make a retractable with a t-channel, it would be nice to have a bolt-on solution to mount some Yakima cross bars. Direct message me if you need pics. I’ll have my tonneau installed next week after the line-x guy is done Thursday. I’m going to look under the rail to see if there are any corner holes to allow for not drilling through the bed itself.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Those are nice wish they would have been out when I got rail kit. The one's I got from Builtright are nice but they have not come out with the tie down accessories like they said they would

OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’m not on a tight deadline at all. Since rugged ridge doesn’t make a retractable with a t-channel, it would be nice to have a bolt-on solution to mount some Yakima cross bars. Direct message me if you need pics. I’ll have my tonneau installed next week after the line-x guy is done Thursday. I’m going to look under the rail to see if there are any corner holes to allow for not drilling through the bed itself.
Feel free to send us pictures when you have them available and we will take a look.

sheilajom

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
teacher
That's where I got my rails and attachments...... uscargocontrol. I love the fact they are black, they are LOW profile so don't stick out when you are already having trouble fitting things into the bed, and it cost me only about 140 - although I did not put a front rail on because I saw no need for MY purposes. I kept my folding chairs in the bags and bungeed them to the rails so they were clear up out of the way of other stuff when I went to the last swap meet (Colorado Springs)
The low profile system is hard to beat - nothing sticking out in the way. I keep the attachments (looks, hooks, etc.) in the rails but you could remove them for an even cleaner rail.

20210120_174520_HDR.jpg

Stainless countersunk internal hex screws to attach. Clean, low profile, etc.
I had to drill mine (big deal, tape to mark spots, put them on my custom drill press table with fence and stops) but having them pre-drilled would have been cool.
No one was selling the JT kit when I did these.
(and I got by cheaper. A front rail would have taken my price up to about 180 or so)

A turn-key package deal will likely be appealing to the non-DIYer especially.

20210120_174527_HDR.jpg
what length did you buy

Sponsored

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Dam!! I literally just installed a Mopar kit in my Gladiator less than 2 weeks ago. Would of definitely purchased this instead.

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
I like your solution but I went factory since a lot of aftermarket accessories seem to want the "face" of the rail to be flush with the lip of the bed. If yours has one it would be nice if you could develop a spacer that would accommodate any gap since your tie downs seem to be a better solution than the factory.
I went factory since I was installing BillieBars. (copied the image from their website).

Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs bar install.JPG

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
That's where I got my rails and attachments...... uscargocontrol. I love the fact they are black, they are LOW profile so don't stick out when you are already having trouble fitting things into the bed, and it cost me only about 140 - although I did not put a front rail on because I saw no need for MY purposes. I kept my folding chairs in the bags and bungeed them to the rails so they were clear up out of the way of other stuff when I went to the last swap meet (Colorado Springs)
The low profile system is hard to beat - nothing sticking out in the way. I keep the attachments (looks, hooks, etc.) in the rails but you could remove them for an even cleaner rail.

Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs bar install.JPG

Stainless countersunk internal hex screws to attach. Clean, low profile, etc.
I had to drill mine (big deal, tape to mark spots, put them on my custom drill press table with fence and stops) but having them pre-drilled would have been cool.
No one was selling the JT kit when I did these.
(and I got by cheaper. A front rail would have taken my price up to about 180 or so)

A turn-key package deal will likely be appealing to the non-DIYer especially.

What length did you order?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What length did you order?
4'
The box is only 5, and with the corners, etc. less than 5 straight side.
I also figured I'd not need anything clear into the corner.

Michael@WeGo4WhlLow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Area Director
Mac's tie downs are the best!! High quality and made to last. Great customer service. I will be order a rail set ASAP....
Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs -7048694236239313768
Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs PXL_20210515_154357915.MP
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.