First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Will need to see how the charging speeds and stations grow.
But by 2025? Yes please.

No mention/shape of a gladiator though, and specifically mentions "SUV" segments.

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
I love the idea of an EV but the ranges offered in Jeeps today isn't appealing to me. I just ordered a Mojave and in 5-6 years I might consider an EV if they've proven to be reliable and their range is attractive. I think a hybrid for off-roaders may be more attractive. Can you imagine a line of Jeeps waiting to charge up before or after hitting a trail?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I love the idea of an EV but the ranges offered in Jeeps today isn't appealing to me. I just ordered a Mojave and in 5-6 years I might consider an EV if they've proven to be reliable and their range is attractive. I think a hybrid for off-roaders may be more attractive. Can you imagine a line of Jeeps waiting to charge up before or after hitting a trail?
Yep especially in states that might tell you oh sorry can't charge up today no electricity the sun wasn't out (LOL). Just having fun I wouldn't mind having an EV for a work vehicle only. I want a Jetsons vehicle but we just haven't gotten there yet

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If you could get some decent solar panels on the roof/ bed rack that would charge the platform batteries it would help out on the range aspect as it would be constantly charging, there are some decent systems out there that could work. Basically stop for lunch for an hour, and get a recharge (albeit slight) but make it more feasible to own a fully E JT.

IMHO

edit....I know it is not feasible, it was a wish...

Last edited:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
If you could get some decent solar panels on the roof/ bed rack that would charge the platform batteries it would help out on the range aspect as it would be constantly charging, there are some decent systems out there that could work. Basically stop for lunch for an hour, and get a recharge (albeit slight) but make it more feasible to own a fully E JT.

IMHO
Would think there would be some aftermarket company that might chase that up and develop some sort of unit that could fold up in your bed and then you could stop and deploy it to give yourself a boost. Likely wouldn't be cheap though

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I'm a little sad they didnt mention the gladiator. I'm dying to get a 4xe gladiator just for the higher hp and torque. I'm still holding out that its a 3.6 with the electric motors off the wrangler to give us something around 400 hp.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant

IMHO
Solar panels are too inefficient at this point to make up for the extra weight penalty on an EV.

Sponsored

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
I’d like the plug-in hybrid for the gladiator - with a little more battery only. My commute is 25 miles round trip - and sometimes I’ll divert and add a few miles. So I need about 40 miles of all electric to satisfy the daily commute. And when I hit the trail or a road trip, I’m happy making the 5 minute stop for gas and knowing I can go a few hundred miles.

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
They are on an EV roll....

Trying to get through the marketing BS here, but the balls on these people... I had a chance to drive a redeye a few weeks back and it was one of the most insane, hateful, unreasonable vehicles I have experienced. I absolutely loved it. I would welcome a Dodge EV muscle car to dominate the leaf, prius, and model-s crowd.

Oh, and an EV Jeep is gonna be amazing too.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I’d like the plug-in hybrid for the gladiator - with a little more battery only. My commute is 25 miles round trip - and sometimes I’ll divert and add a few miles. So I need about 40 miles of all electric to satisfy the daily commute. And when I hit the trail or a road trip, I’m happy making the 5 minute stop for gas and knowing I can go a few hundred miles.
40 miles would be very, very sad for a hybrid car. It needs to be like the Ford Lightning before they even think about releasing it.

Jut

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Manufacturing
My wife has the 4xe Rubicon with about 1700 miles, she drives about 15 miles to work in electric mode and tops off and then drives home. She goes about 3 weeks without getting gas. I was skeptical too but I now am a big fan if you live in a certain range and it's your daily, good things to come I believe.
Sponsored