Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ›‘PLEASE READ๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ›‘

PEOPLE COULD WE ALL PLEASE CONTACT MISHIMOTO

cause i know they're a good brand and one of the best ones and if we could all contact them and tell them if they could start making radiators and oil coolers for the jeep gladiator 3.6 and ecodiesels cause they're never gonna make anything if we dont tell them what we need and want

please take take the time and fill out their product suggestion form :D
https://www.mishimoto.com/contact/

The more people that actually take the time and contact them they will most likely take us serious cause i know some of yall actually want to have a nice radiator and oil cooler to keep our engines nice and cool and have them stay happy and not run hot :)
Made a thread lets see if we can do this make this possible for mishimoto to make products for the ecodiesel and gasser jeep gladiators and Jl's
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeepin48

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Mishimototo emailed. ๐Ÿคž

Also hoping insane diesel has some good test results soon.

Wapiti Jeep

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Realtor
insane diese

Did I miss what insane diesel is doing?

Did I miss the post on insane diesel??? What are they doing? Hereโ€™s mine on a test run pulling travel trailer. Have tazer and the fan was on. Didnโ€™t help much if any. I have a local shop working on some type of fix.

1957D336-739C-4BEF-8956-5B93D6E3F432.jpeg

ZoneArc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Manager, Solutions Consulting
I spoke to Insane Diesel on friday and they said they didn't know why there were people thinking they would have a solution. They said they only specialize in bypass oil filtration systems. Their systems do help cool oil but not at the level of an after market oil cooler would. Therefore, their solutions wouldn't be a help here.

I know that Bulletproof Diesel is working on solutions and they're in the R&D phase now. They said they hope to have a solution next year.

OP
OP
jeepin48

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer

Did I miss the post on insane diesel??? What are they doing? Hereโ€™s mine on a test run pulling travel trailer. Have tazer and the fan was on. Didnโ€™t help much if any. I have a local shop working on some type of fix.
Insane diesel has an add on oil filter that tapes into the oil system. I seems a little foggy exactly how much oil is passing through their system as it runs parallel to the factory oil filter. The thought would be to add an oil cooler in there loop with the oil filter.

Sponsored

rchandler341

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Jeep Gladiator Diesel cooling options and ideas 1957D336-739C-4BEF-8956-5B93D6E3F432
Turning the fan on early (before you get hot) does help, but the engine heat will still eventually overpower the cooling system. It just gives you a little more time until you derate.

rchandler341

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Insane diesel has an add on oil filter that tapes into the oil system. I seems a little foggy exactly how much oil is passing through their system as it runs parallel to the factory oil filter. The thought would be to add an oil cooler in there loop with the oil filter.
I purchased the Insane Diesel oil Filter. I got the kit with the bypass on the filter housing. DO NOT USE THIS. The Gen 3 Engine filter housing and filter are different than the earlier version. The oil bypass is in the filter housing and the Insane Diesel housing is the old version. Different filter is needed too. I opted not to install this due to the difference and was worried that the oil flow to the engine would be interrupted from design. After a phone call with Insane Diesel, they said it doesn't matter. But there is a TSD telling dealers not to use the Gen 2 filter housing and filter on the Gen 3 Engine. I plan to tee the Insane Oil filter off the sending unit once my warranty is over. I want to clean the oil better!

ZoneArc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Got it.

So, let's cover this off .. you take this kit:

https://insanediesel.com/products/jeep-wrangler-3-0l-ecodiesel-bypass-oil-filtration-kit

Then you need to make a custom bracket to hold the can.

Then, you take new hoses/fittings and extend it through something like this:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...EkA16a4c8ZV5WTOEBkJBAW8eo4xH_65BoCkIAQAvD_BwE

Of course, you'll need to find a place to house that cooler that gets plenty of air flow, but the principle being it would route enough oil through it to cool the engine down. According to Insane Diesel, you can see up to 2g a minute cycled through.

I think I'm going to do it.

ZoneArc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
I purchased the Insane Diesel oil Filter. I got the kit with the bypass on the filter housing. DO NOT USE THIS. The Gen 3 Engine filter housing and filter are different than the earlier version. The oil bypass is in the filter housing and the Insane Diesel housing is the old version. Different filter is needed too. I opted not to install this due to the difference and was worried that the oil flow to the engine would be interrupted from design. After a phone call with Insane Diesel, they said it doesn't matter. But there is a TSD telling dealers not to use the Gen 2 filter housing and filter on the Gen 3 Engine. I plan to tee the Insane Oil filter off the sending unit once my warranty is over. I want to clean the oil better!
They sell a version now that uses a T off of the Pressure Port for exactly the issue you stated. You could probably just order the part from them.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Got it.

So, let's cover this off .. you take this kit:

https://insanediesel.com/products/jeep-wrangler-3-0l-ecodiesel-bypass-oil-filtration-kit

Then you need to make a custom bracket to hold the can.

Then, you take new hoses/fittings and extend it through something like this:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...EkA16a4c8ZV5WTOEBkJBAW8eo4xH_65BoCkIAQAvD_BwE

Of course, you'll need to find a place to house that cooler that gets plenty of air flow, but the principle being it would route enough oil through it to cool the engine down. According to Insane Diesel, you can see up to 2g a minute cycled through.

I think I'm going to do it.
Except for it's a bypass oil filter and the volume of oil passing through the system likely wouldn't be enough to make a huge difference for us.

Sponsored

ZoneArc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Except for it's a bypass oil filter and the volume of oil passing through the system likely wouldn't be enough to make a huge difference for us.
According to InsaneDiesel, they are seeing 1.2-2 gallons per minute through it. More over, they indicated that by locating the can and hoses in front of the radiator, they saw over 20 degrees of reduction on engine temps as a result, without a cooler.

Can you elaborate on what they didn't disclose?

ZoneArc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
So, let's consider that a standard oil cooler design could do 10g a minute. But we don't have that right now.
Now, a bypass design can cool, let's say 2g per minute. MUCH less. But, the 3.0 EcoDiesel is a small Diesel engine ... it has a 2g oil capacity, right?

So, if a bypass filter can cycle 2 gallons per minute, that's cycling 100% of the oil through a filter. Now, if you add 6' of hoses, an oil cooler, an additional filter, etc you could be adding another couple quarts to the system so that means cooler temps overall not to mention the cycling through the hoses and coolers and the reduction of temps from that.

KEG2021

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk willys, 2021 Jeep jt
Occupation
Welder
Havenโ€™t read thru all the thread but has anyone though about a small pusher fan on front..idk

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
According to InsaneDiesel, they are seeing 1.2-2 gallons per minute through it. More over, they indicated that by locating the can and hoses in front of the radiator, they saw over 20 degrees of reduction on engine temps as a result, without a cooler.

Can you elaborate on what they didn't disclose?
I don't have the numbers so anything is a guess at this point, but.......A bypass filter will only pass a small portion of the actual total pumped oil in the system. Stands to reason that it couldn't shed enough heat if a much larger cooling system cant do the job currently? We need all of the oil used in the system to be cooled before it gets delivered to the critical points

I keep saying that if this were easy to fix, the manufacturer would have already done it from the factory? It must be expensive, unsightly, problematic, or impossible or it would have been installed already.

Wapiti Jeep

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Realtor
Turning the fan on early (before you get hot) does help, but the engine heat will still eventually overpower the cooling system. It just gives you a little more time until you derate.
I started the fan at 230 oil temp. Didnโ€™t really help on mine. Iโ€™d say it prolongs it by a few miles.
Sponsored