Sponsored

Just ordered the 2022 Gladiator Rubicon - what are the best accessories??

daveingram

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
National Sales Manager
Good evening, I just ordered the 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. I opted for the mopar steel bumper, cold weather package, tow package, safety group, led light package…. I have decided to do the 2 1/2 inch lift with aftermarket wheels. I am wondering what the best accessories are to add? I like the Fab Four overland rack well as a wench however I am not sure if a wench is practical. I plan on camping and kayaking a lot. Any suggestions and idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Congrts, there are many places for you to spend your money on the JT. Here are some of the ones I went for on mine.

1) Slush mats, these are knock off of the factory ones and are identical minus the Jeep logo and like $70 cheaper

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082ZZCTBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) Grab handles, I'm not a fan of the rope type and these are aluminum, pricey but quality - you and your front passenger will thank you later, doesn't work for the rear in the gladi though

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093GYNNKQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) Quality phone mount, this is the one I purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V53BZB2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4) Some sort of trailer brake controller

OP
OP
daveingram

daveingram

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
National Sales Manager
Thank you 👍

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

RalphTuttle

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Curt Echo
Everyone is going to have their own recommendations as to what they wish they had on their Gladiator (and as a result, what you should get for yours!). BUT - one option that you will wish you had IF you are going to do any modifications to your rig are the Auxiliary Switches. I never thought I would need them - but with the addition of a winch, on-board air compressor, and additional LED lights, I wish I had them on my Jeep. Since I don't, I am taking my Gladiator to a dealer on Wednesday to have them installed. It is going to cost $$$ - but is an option that when ordering a Gladiator is worth the money!

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I'm really gonna advise you to think about what you want to do with your Gladiator and let that guide your path on accessories. For example, I have nothing to tow and don't ever intend to, so the trailer brake controller is wasted on me.

Last edited:

BtrLtThnNvr

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2008 JKU
Good evening, I just ordered the 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. I opted for the mopar steel bumper, cold weather package, tow package, safety group, led light package…. I have decided to do the 2 1/2 inch lift with aftermarket wheels. I am wondering what the best accessories are to add? I like the Fab Four overland rack well as a wench however I am not sure if a wench is practical. I plan on camping and kayaking a lot. Any suggestions and idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Sorry to be snarky, but you probably mean to get a winch, not a wench… A wench is never practical!:CWL:

Agree with your other choices though. I wish I had the steel bumper. Trail rails are a waste of money. Accessory switches are a great move. Also get the sun rider half soft top. Fantastic mod.

You’re going to love your Rubi.

Michael

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I’d put a wench as the #1 accessory… there are several to choose from.

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered the 2022 Gladiator Rubicon - what are the best accessories?? 1635830398579
Yes a wrench is definitely 1st on the list

Sponsored

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
www.bamwholesaleparts.com <----- frolic around, grab the wallet and put some presents under the tree this year (to you from Santa of course).

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Yes a wrench is definitely 1st on the list
Just make sure it’s removable. The permanent ones seem to get finicky and difficult to manage

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Sorry to be snarky, but you probably mean to get a winch, not a wench… A wench is never practical!:CWL:

Agree with your other choices though. I wish I had the steel bumper. Trail rails are a waste of money. Accessory switches are a great move. Also get the sun rider half soft top. Fantastic mod.

You’re going to love your Rubi.

Michael
Trail rails are great for securing loads. Also, this factory option provides the 110V bed outlet.

korknut

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pool cleaning service
HARD Trifold bed cover. All the usual reasons, secure from theft and/or weather, your tools, equipment, gear or toys. But more than that. For me anyway, absolute safety, better sense of control.
The higher the speed airflow on rear tailgate takes weight off the front end
Maybe more on Mojave with suspension package.
Large on/off freeway transition ramps, the truck doesn't want to turn, stay in lane, no turning control at speeds while in long turns. If had to make emergency sudden course correction, would be a problem
Even straight line lane changes at freeway speeds (65,75, ok may be 85)
Admittedly slowing down is ultimate answer. Avoid attention distractions
Just not made for it, its uncomfortable as will wander not stick to road.
All im saying is hard bed cover, made instant difference. Test it by opening your tailgate feel how much better control you have. Same thing cover doing
Im in Phoenix Arizona, since 71, remember the days drove to end of block to desert. Any more any where you go, you got freeway driving, if you aint doing 65 you better be over on the shoulder lane.
Any high speed freeway driving....even if a short distance.. a must in my mind
Good glass coverage with your insurance company, they will be tested
Im on my 3rd windshield and its already cracked
Every rock hits, doenst just chip or stay chipped, large, cracking forcing to deal with. OE very expensive.
Small cheap daily driver/work truck to keep miles low on Jeep
This is what im saving for now
kevin
2020 Hydro Blue Mojave purchased Oct 20 20,000 miles stock
most complimented/ commented on truck or vehicle ever owned
color mostly
For Sale- 2 1/2" Fabtech Trail Lift Mojave only-new still in box
coil springs, link rods, shock extends, flip kit,etc-$1500.