Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I’m surprised Jeep would diminish their brand equity with a move like this. When I saw the posted shifter caps I immediately assumed they were printed prototypes of yet to best cast offerings. To then learn Jeep is actually pushing printed pieces, which would serve them better as free tokens to loyal customers on trade-in/up given the laughable cost to produce, as if they were anything close to what one might expect from Jeep is shameful.

The move on decals is even more absurd. For Jeep to not hoist up the gentleman whose served this community as a partner to lead the effort, is insulting. It’s such a half-assed cash grab of a move. What’s next, some garbage micro-site focusing on custom paracord grab handles? Wreckless.

Mechjk43

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Occupation
Mechanical Design Engineer
I’m surprised Jeep would diminish their brand equity with a move like this. When I saw the posted shifter caps I immediately assumed they were printed prototypes of yet to best cast offerings. To then learn Jeep is actually pushing printed pieces, which would serve them better as free tokens to loyal customers on trade-in/up given the laughable cost to produce, as if they were anything close to what one might expect from Jeep is shameful.

The move on decals is even more absurd. For Jeep to not hoist up the gentleman whose served this community as a partner to lead the effort, is insulting. It’s such a half-assed cash grab of a move. What’s next, some garbage micro-site focusing on custom paracord grab handles? Wreckless.
They’re 3D printed Stainless Steel btw. I’m sure it’s still a hefty margin but this isn’t a cheap plastic token.

edit: I see you mentioned castings. Not saying you thought they were plastic, just as an FYI to others. A casting would be cheaper at higher quantities. They made be testing the waters before dropping the coin on tooling?

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
They’re 3D printed Stainless Steel btw. I’m sure it’s still a hefty margin but this isn’t a cheap plastic token.

edit: I see you mentioned castings. Not saying you thought they were plastic, just as an FYI to others. A casting would be cheaper at higher quantities. They made be testing the waters before dropping the coin on tooling?
I caught they were SS. The average DIY hobbyist can be up and printing an array of metals for <$2k these days. The rest is simply attaining the models, which in this case, are quite basic.

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Decided to go a different direction. Going to send him a rough draft.

Last edited:

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I want the beach stuff

Sponsored

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
The gallery photos show some creative colorful graphics and they do not pop up when you search for them.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
OK, some of us need to breathe a bit here. Go on etsy or ebay and type in Jeep graphics. Thousands of options. Most, if not all, of these people are not affiliated with Stellantis nor do they probably have the rights to produce the Jeep/Wrangler type font or logos.

Jeep is just offering an in-house option for graphics with licensed fonts and logos. Frankly, as a former graphics designer (years ago), I don't know what took them so long. This is a no-brainer - very little overhead, the results can enhance their product, and the customer is happy with a unique vehicle.

That being said, in looking at their first run of products, I'll probably stick with a place like @pixeldecals. I'd imagine their product portfolio will expand over time, but those initial Jeep shifter options are especially disappointing.

Last edited:

motorcitymatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2021 4XE
Occupation
Graphic Design
Hi All,

I am the owner of Jeep Graphics Studio. Sorry it took me so long to respond to this thread. Between building our SEMA vehicles, the SEMA Show and driving back it has been a long few weeks. Now on to the Graphics Program. I have been working with Jeep over the last few years to get the licensing done and have been in the graphics game even longer. We have 100s of designs that we are bringing out but there is an approval process that we must go through.

I have seen quite a few comments about the 3D printed shifter inserts. Yes, they are costly but they are not cheap to manufacture. These are made to OEM standards as required by the brand. As the technology gets better the pricing structure will change.

The one thing we do different than most is printing every graphic, we do not layer them. The other cool product that we are launching is 3D printed graphics. I will post some more photos of what we have created this week.

Also, we have a custom program that will be launching in a few weeks

Any questions, please reach out

-Matt
Sponsored