Sponsored

Squeaking Noise at Low Speed ??

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
i have the same issue. thanks for all the suggestions.
Sponsored

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Same issue here as well! Thought possibly pads were needing replacement but now I’m thinking it’s a flaw based on all your experiences too. Hmm….

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Can you feel it through the floor pan? That’s what mine does pulling out of a parking spot at slow speeds but not every time. Like a vibration that lasts a second or two.

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Can you feel it through the floor pan? That’s what mine does pulling out of a parking spot at slow speeds but not every time. Like a vibration that lasts a second or two.
I’d say slightly maybe but more of a intermittent squeak when cold seems more from the passenger rear from my experience. When warm, no issue, or at least not as noticeable.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Update., after talking to one of the techs he thinks it’s a problem with the auto parking brake system not fully releasing after the truck has been parked. Looks like it may be a problem that can’t be fixed. Same dumb feature that stops the truck if the driver door is open.
If this is correct the $800 brake job my dealer tried to sell me wouldn’t have done squat except piss me off. I hope @JeepCares sees this thread since they didn’t respond to my DM. 🙄

Sponsored

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Bump this thread up. Mine does exact same thing. I have almost 31,000 miles on it. Anyone ever figure out what it is and how to fix it?

OP
OP

Eric C Stegall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Bump this thread up. Mine does exact same thing. I have almost 31,000 miles on it. Anyone ever figure out what it is and how to fix it?
I’m pretty sure it’s the internal emergency brake sticking. I’ve now figured out mine only does it after I’ve been parked for a minute. Doesn’t do it again until the truck is shifted back to park. It is SO ANNOYING!!!

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
YES , just dropped off at dealer this morning same noise .
Their third attempt to correct issue,.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
WEED PULLER
YES , just dropped off at dealer this morning same noise .
Their third attempt to correct issue,.
OK, the last time it was in they said pin on rear brake froze up.
I told service gent to check out this thread on rotational squealling noise. Yesterday sent him SERVICE BULLETTIN 08-074-20 ten minutes later he replied saying he is ordering me a steering gear - truck was also pulling to the right and doing an alignment .Today I am going to request pulling off rear differential cover - just to give me a piece of mind in case there are metal shavings in diff..I have to say this, GREIGERS JEEP does repair what I BRING TO THEIR ATTENTION.They didn't build it but they are standing behind repairing the issues.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Update., after talking to one of the techs he thinks it’s a problem with the auto parking brake system not fully releasing after the truck has been parked. Looks like it may be a problem that can’t be fixed. Same dumb feature that stops the truck if the driver door is open.
Are you engaging your parking brake when you notice this? Just curious because I use the parking brake all the time due to being parked on a hill at home. I did notice that once I started using the parking brake more regularly, that’s when I noticed the noise more. However it seems to do it when parked for a bit, even if I don’t engage the parking brake like at work where the parking lot is flat.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
OK, the last time it was in they said pin on rear brake froze up.
I told service gent to check out this thread on rotational squealling noise. Yesterday sent him SERVICE BULLETTIN 08-074-20 ten minutes later he replied saying he is ordering me a steering gear - truck was also pulling to the right and doing an alignment .Today I am going to request pulling off rear differential cover - just to give me a piece of mind in case there are metal shavings in diff..I have to say this, GREIGERS JEEP does repair what I BRING TO THEIR ATTENTION.They didn't build it but they are standing behind repairing the issues.
Did they get anywhere on this? Noise is driving me nuts, but also not wanting to waste time at the dealership just to get the “We couldn’t duplicate it” response.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Received back from dealer FRIDAY . They replaced steering box,alligned truck.
He ordered rear calipers and rotors hoping this eliminates the squeaky wheel.
We will see going in on JAN. 1ST.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Did they get anywhere on this? Noise is driving me nuts, but also not wanting to waste time at the dealership just to get the “We couldn’t duplicate it” response.
I have never set parking brake .

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Received back from dealer FRIDAY . They replaced steering box,alligned truck.
He ordered rear calipers and rotors hoping this eliminates the squeaky wheel.
We will see going in on JAN. 1ST.
Did they fix it with the calipers and rotors?