JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
All of the engineering has been fixed for that issues, so any rack shipping now will be good. If anyone has this issue on a previous rack install, please just let us know and we will get it handled.
I tell you what every time I've called in to jcr everybody has been very helpful. I had initial questions and did speak with someone yesterday on the phone about the modification to the new versions. You will definitely see me as a repeat customer as I'm very happy with the quality so far. Looking forward to seeing how well the racks last under the weather.
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
I love the versatility, but I’d feel like such a poser since I rarely get the opportunity to actually utilize it.
Even with my other off-road vehicles I don't get to use a lot of stuff on them. Take for example even the winches. But you know a lot of the stuff is just better to have and not need it than to need and not have it. I built My Tacoma about 5 years ago and I've got so many goodies on it but I use those goodies all the time for so many random things. Utility that you just can't get with any other type of vehicle. Trucks can be just so versatile.
I chose the jcr rack specifically because it meets my needs of being modular. I wanted to also keep down the weight by not having a camper shell. I love the design of having a flip up door on each side. Something I really wish I could see in the future is a potential add-on rear door.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
Rack came yesterday. Overall finish is great with minor scratches. Packaging was awesome and better than any I have ever seen from a company. I did have an issue at one point with holes on one roof cross beam not lining up but realized two of the holes had metal that was protruding so once I hammered them down all the holes lined up. I also ran into an issue with the plates to mount to my rails but that was due to them being too narrow for my aftermarket builtright/unistrut rails. Luckily I had my own plates for the unistrut to mount my own fastening points. Only other issue I had was 2 lock plates, some shock specific nuts, and 1 hinge bracket missing. Spoke with Mitchell this morning at JCR and he's got me taken care of. Very friendly and helpful staff. Just can't mount my second door until I get that hardware.
Over happy with the rack so far. Super stout. With the RTT I should note that I had a 140lb person up there and she was moving around and the rack swayed side to side but not front to back. Brian at JCR assured me that the sway was normal because the rack was at "static load" but it did make me a little nervous. Apparently they have done extensive testing of it's strength but I just want others to know so they are not surprised if they see the same sway. My RTT weighs 120 lbs.

Last edited:

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Rack came yesterday. Overall finish is great with minor scratches. Did have an issue at one point with holes on one bracket not lining up but realized two of the holes had metal that was protruding so once I hammered them down all the holes lined up. I also ran into an issue with the plates to mount to my rails but that was due to them being too narrow for my aftermarket builtright/unistrut rails. Luckily I had my own plates for the unistrut to mount my own fastening points. Only other issue I had was 2 lock plates, some shock specific nuts, and 1 hinge bracket missing. Spoke with Mitchell this morning at JCR and he's got me taken care of. Very friendly and helpful staff. Just can't mount my second door until I get that hardware.
Over happy with the rack so far. Super stout and looking forward to mounting my rtt and my tonneau on it.

View attachment 209384

View attachment 209385

View attachment 209386
Sorry about the missing hardware!

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator, 2011 JKU rubicon
Got the JCR overland rack on with OVS nomadic 4 (king size) tent. So far no real issues although rack seem to me favoring one side. Sturdy as a ox though.
Love that they included the lights.
Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 7ECF9169-2D27-4255-9357-F94C5BE8A409
Sponsored