Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Did a quick phone call get the issue resolved?
I bought the kit from Rubitrux and sent them an email but no response. Haven't gotten around to picking up the phone. I don't need the tune so at this point it's just a matter of reconciling the purchase price with the goods received.
Sponsored

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
I bought the kit from Rubitrux and sent them an email but no response. Haven't gotten around to picking up the phone. I don't need the tune so at this point it's just a matter of reconciling the purchase price with the goods received.
I hear you. I don’t need the tune either, but what about getting the ECM unlocked?

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I spoke to Rubitrux tuesday. I didn't ask about a non tuner version, but that's what I want. What's the price diff in the tuner kit, and the non?
Was going to order on their webiste as they instructed, but they only have one option that includes the ecm.

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you. I don’t need the tune either, but what about getting the ECM unlocked?
I got my questioned answered. Ryan at Magnuson got me everything I needed to get it shipped off to HP Tuners to get unlocked.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to Rubitrux tuesday. I didn't ask about a non tuner version, but that's what I want. What's the price diff in the tuner kit, and the non?
Was going to order on their webiste as they instructed, but they only have one option that includes the ecm.
In the past, they offered two kits on their website. One with a tune, and one without. They cost difference was several hundred dollars. It appears they are only offering one kit and it includes a tune. Doesn’t mean you have to use it though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
I had my ECM unlocked from the Hamburger kit (which I replaced with the Magnuson)

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got everything ordered that I need for the small pulley install. Now the waiting begins for all the packages to show up. I told my 6 year old son that I got something to make the Jeep go faster. That was a mistake. 🤣

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
I find it a bit unsettling they are removing the non-tune option.
Any thoughts as to why that is? Too many people buying the non tune version (using your tune), and they’re taking a profit hit? The profit margin for their kit w/tune must be larger than just the kit without It. I’m not 100% educated in the methods/regulations/validation of tunes and getting CARB cert, but once they submit the system WITH TUNE for CARB they cannot / will no longer be eligible to modify that tune correct? The work is done, now it’s just a revolving paycheck with no overhead (no more money being reinvested to constantly tweak / improve / test updated versions). If no one needs/wants their tune because their is a better route to go, they’re losing all of that investment, only option is to force people to buy It whether they want It or not…….or maybe I’m just being cynical….

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Big price jump to, you're probably onto something with the CARB cert. Only offering it w tune = no liability for them from a non-compliance thing with CA Emissions.

Sponsored

Moby

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Gladiator Rubicon, ‘17 Renegade, ‘83 GMC S-15
Howdy! Been lurking for about a month. Picked up a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon two months ago. Just purchased a Magnuson supercharger kit from a local shop in which the original customer backed out on. Looking forward to the build and documenting everything. Hopefully I don’t destroy my Jeep.

57E9C93C-12E4-4B4B-8674-77B0B70AC91A.jpeg
I’ll be interested in this supercharger addition, as well. I just got a ‘21 Rubicon, and I’m considering the addition of forced induction.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I think Eric, you and Josh are both hovering around the reasons, I believe to be the issue. I don't think they really see much of a threat from me, or any outside tuner, I think it is more the recoupe of investment and liability.

My concern, is that regulation has them concerned, and the company is driven to recoup costs on development that still needs development.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This little number just came in the mail. Waiting on the smaller pulley from Magnuson, and I will have everything I need for install.

470EBFF2-857E-4DC5-BB8B-7D93ED078836.jpeg

OP
OP
vmiaptetr

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got to work on the install today. Between watching kids and looking around for where I sat my tools down, I made it to step 92…of 282. Installation manual is great. They estimate it takes 10 hours to install. For someone like me, I’d probably bump that up to 30.

3A4D8129-E1C4-4C2F-8E24-0FCBBBA5001E.jpeg
Sponsored