First Name
Tiffany Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Creative Director
Had problems since driving off the lot. Driver’s side rear sounds horrific even after two replacements. Local dealer has been nice enough to deal with but the problem remains. And it is loud. I live in the high desert of Utah and deal with cold temps/snow in winter and dry heat in summer. Sound is year round.
Sponsored

Jonesy22

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Occupation
Police
Sounds like it’s time to use a completely different shock

Echo26

First Name
ETC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTR
Occupation
Student of Life
I have it on the 2.5 adjustable version. I know that a lot of others had it too on the stock 2.5’s.

I reached out to Fox they said “it should go away once the seals wear a little” that was at around 500 miles, had them for about 3000 miles and they still do it. I just shoot some silicone lubricant on them and it goes away for a few weeks. I will eventually take them to Fox since they are local. Weird thing is that it’s only the rear not the fronts.
I’m having the same issue with my rear Fox 2.5 adjustable shocks. Are you still having this issue? Did Fox narrow down the problem?
I’m planning to contact Fox but was hoping to find a DYI simple solution.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2021 Mojave. Metal clinking noise started at 5K mikes. Thought something was loose. At 10K miles took it in for an oil change and had them check it out. Really sounded like a loose bolt. They said the rear shocks are bad and both sides are leaking. That’s where the noise is coming from. They ordered rear shocks, but no ETA on them. Four months later and now at 15K miles and they say the shocks will be in sometime in April. We’ll see.

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
It’s annoying, but lots of high end aftermarket shocks with similar construction do the same thing.

Its unfortunately a consequence of the materials used to make the seals. Similar issues arise when you replace rubber bushings with polyurethane ones. They’re undeniably higher performance, but they make more noise.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Here’s a video of these trash $1500.00 shocks…disappointed to say the least.

Have you smeared a dab of silicone grease on the shaft near the seal? It solved it for my Fox 2.0 shocks. The seals are extremely tight. The good news is it means they aren’t leaking oil…

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
It’s not acceptable. Not at the price we paid for these trucks. Mine is not doing this as of yet but I do have a driver rear on warranty order due to oil leak.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Have you smeared a dab of silicone grease on the shaft near the seal? It solved it for my Fox 2.0 shocks. The seals are extremely tight. The good news is it means they aren’t leaking oil…
Yeah I did that. At first it worked but now it won’t. The noise is pretty bad, both sides. Weird thing is that it’s only in the rear and most people w the issue are all saying it’s the rear as well. Fronts have no issue.

Sponsored

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It’s not acceptable. Not at the price we paid for these trucks. Mine is not doing this as of yet but I do have a driver rear on warranty order due to oil leak.
At least you can use the warranty from Jeep I bought these for my Rubicon…$1500.00 for just the rear shocks…not even 10k miles on them. Waiting to hear from Fox.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
If you paid 6000 for a set of Fox Racing shocks you’d have the same issue.

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
I didn't have the problem with the stock shocks on my JTR. I bought the Mopar 2" and had the squeak immediately.

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
Mea Culpa. I talked about the squeak when I installed the Mopar 2'' Lift on my JTR. It was my fault. I over torqued the sway bar end links when I put them on. Went "the tighter, the better route." Torqued them to spec today. No squeak.

kscoke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Still waiting from December 2021 for replacement rear Fox shocks 21 Mojave. Under 1000 when ordered.
Sponsored