First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon 2021 Wrangler 4Xe
Occupation
Equipment Technician
RIP. Glad you're ok. I'm sure the dealer will assume no liability, hope it doesn't screw you on insurance rates later, or with payoff.
Hope not. The worst part is that it was paid off!
Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Glad you got out safe. IMO, an extinguisher should only be used if your or someone else's life is in danger. Once everyone is safe, let it burn. The exception would be a rare collector car.
I agree unless I’m in the desert or forest. I don’t want to be the guy that burned down half a state.

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
That's a helluva Car-b-que...too bad you didn't have any hotdogs or marshmallows...

So sorry for your loss and as others have said, hopefully the stealership will come clean and split the cost of replacement with your insurance company...which by the way should have a forensic inspector on staff to look at it very closely to determine where the fire started and whether it was caused by negligence. Then the insurance company will get THEIR lawyers involved and go after the stealership to recoup the cost that they gave you to replace your vehicle. I'd talk to your insurance company again and bring up your concerns.

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator, 2010 Power Wagon, 1958 Willys p/u
Man...

I'm going to give all my after market electrical a good once... twice... three times over this weekend.
Yeah, I've been debating on putting in a 12 volt disconnect for my winch at the battery. Seeing this makes me think I will.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
Good grief. Looks like no one hurt. Sorry about your truck. Guarantee some idiot tech shorted wires somewhere. Terrifying to take a Jeep in for warranty.
Incredible to me that it's like this and it's so true. The fear is real, either mods or a bad service manager, poor tech is just baffling.

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
I’m sorry this happened to you. Thanks for posting.

This really bothers me. I mean, cars catch fire, but not on the way home from a dealer who is almost certainly the cause! I say “dealer“, but it’s really one, maybe two people in the service department and likely not the broader organization. Certainly the dealership owner has a lot to lose and doesn’t want this crap.

When rare major screw-ups occur in my (totally unrelated) business its standard operating procedure to do everything to make the client comfortable (like maybe a free loaner for as long as it takes in this case, a big discount on an expedited new order) AND we tell the client which employee(s) have been terminated. No way whoever performed or signed off on that work keeps their job, right or wrong, someone gets fired. We investigate, then we terminate. That’s just how we roll. It protects the culture of quality.

Your video, with a school nearby - I would call a local TV news station. They might jump all over it., to your benefit. And of course send the video with the full story to Jeep Stellantis with a ”cc” to an attorney. Any attorney, can be a buddy, same effect. You are much more like likely to get satisfaction from a “top-down” approach than from the dealer. As astutely posted above, stay off social media on this until it’s behind you - anything you say can screw you up later if you choose to take the legal route.

If this happened to me without massive tangible apologies from the dealership, from Jeep, from Stellantis, I would probably never own a Jeep again. Who am I kidding, my wife would make damn sure we never owned a Jeep again. Trust me I don’t even want to tell her about your story.

For what it’s worth, I‘m not an attorney but I have a lot of professional experience putting the screws to negligent or fraudulent businesses.

The world can be a better place if we fight back.

Sponsored

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
Well at least it's a total loss. No waiting for repair. Now is the time to start documenting every conversation and using E mail as a backup for every phone call. Let your insurance company know how this happened. Your insurance will probably cover this easier and quicker than the dealer. I wonder if this would qualify under the lemon law,,,LOL. Now you can rebuild back, better.
When I got my 2022 a few months ago my ESS did not work. So I put a trickle charger on it and all is OK. Glad the dealer didn't fix it for me. I park in my attached garage. Get a new JT and a new house. Bottom line,,, the tech did something wrong.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Well at least it's a total loss. No waiting for repair. Now is the time to start documenting every conversation and using E mail as a backup for every phone call. Let your insurance company know how this happened. Your insurance will probably cover this easier and quicker than the dealer. I wonder if this would qualify under the lemon law,,,LOL. Now you can rebuild back, better.
When I got my 2022 a few months ago my ESS did not work. So I put a trickle charger on it and all is OK. Glad the dealer didn't fix it for me. I park in my attached garage. Get a new JT and a new house. Bottom line,,, the tech did something wrong.
Yup.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
That’s a terrible dealer! I’m glad everyone is OK:)
Sponsored