Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Shopping the mopar site:

1 lift kit 1695
1 hardtop black textured 2660
5 JPP 17" beadlock capable wheel with beadlock plate 2685
5 BFG Krawler T/A KX 37x12.5x17 with mount, balance, disposal, programing... 3000
5 TPMS with install 300

So we are at 10,340 before installing the lift. I'm sure the labor of the removal of stock and installation of new plus disposal, alignment etc would eat that 3k up at dealer rate.

At this rate all they would have to do is have some Silver Ball Hair decals made up and shazam, it's a custom package. The dealer I got the galloping goose from is always pushing out "Black Diamond" editions with all the bolt on swag with a black on black scheme and some tint. They make the money and the buyers/leasees get the exclusivity of a limited production of "special edition" Rubicon or Mojave.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ask for an itemized list of "Dealer Add Ons".

Then scratch the cost of TPMS off of their list. Ask for FULL credit for OEM wheels and tires or provide you with the OEM wheels and tires.

Ask for definition and itemization of "Custom MOPAR Lift Package"

Ask for itemization of "Custom Jeep Gladiator Package"

Look at window sticker, if hard top was included ask them to remove that charge from "Dealer Add Ons"

I would have a LOT of fun with that place and local news stations.
LOL at local news stations. They wouldn't give two craps about what a dealership is charging for a package the dealership added to a vehicle.

In reality, the salesperson is going to go to the sales manager and give them your requests and the sales manager is going to reply back that, no they will not do that and don't have to. Bottom line, if you don't buy it, someone else will and they won't ask a single question about any of it.

Yona

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt high alt
atleast you would get a lift lol. look at this one told them too just take off all the stuff

20220512_225626.jpg

OP
OP

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Shopping the mopar site:

1 lift kit 1695
1 hardtop black textured 2660
5 JPP 17" beadlock capable wheel with beadlock plate 2685
5 BFG Krawler T/A KX 37x12.5x17 with mount, balance, disposal, programing... 3000
5 TPMS with install 300

So we are at 10,340 before installing the lift. I'm sure the labor of the removal of stock and installation of new plus disposal, alignment etc would eat that 3k up at dealer rate.

At this rate all they would have to do is have some Silver Ball Hair decals made up and shazam, it's a custom package. The dealer I got the galloping goose from is always pushing out "Black Diamond" editions with all the bolt on swag with a black on black scheme and some tint. They make the money and the buyers/leasees get the exclusivity of a limited production of "special edition" Rubicon or Mojave.
They were 35x12.5R17 BFG A/Ts on black rhinos.

Dealer would have tpms from the take offs.

The dealer would get all these at wholesale. Sure, they’re entitled to a profit, but it’s a fleece job. At a time where people are getting stretched thin…

Sponsored

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Who cares🤷‍♂️ they're not pointing a gun at you and forcing you to buy it. Uneducated buyers deserve it, easy in this day and age to pull out your phone and google. If any of you guys have purchased a diamond from Kay's, littman, jareds or any chain store you got ripped off just as bad, if not worse % wise then whoever buys this jeep. Their diamonds are all JUNK sold at VVS prices for I3 junk.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
If any of you guys have purchased a diamond from Kay's, littman, jareds or any chain store you got ripped off just as bad, if not worse % wise then whoever buys this jeep. Their diamonds are all JUNK sold at VVS prices for I3 junk.
Kay's comes with a warranty...

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
oh come you tightwads, get your checkbooks out, get two! These are classics! Ha ha!
WTF? Remind me not to shop at that dealership

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
They were 35x12.5R17 BFG A/Ts on black rhinos.

Dealer would have tpms from the take offs.

The dealer would get all these at wholesale. Sure, they’re entitled to a profit, but it’s a fleece job. At a time where people are getting stretched thin…

Except the dealer won't bother stripping the stick tires and pulling the TPMS, that feels too much like work, especially when they need to put TPMS and tires back on to get them out the door again.

I was just using the JPP/Mopar catalog for example as there was no insight into what was supplied.

Frankly, as pointed out, the dealer can do what they want and markups on "fancy shit" are just that. If you can do it better, faster and cheaper, then by all means do so.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Are you buying it? No? Then why do you care?

This is a literal nothing-burger thread. Hell, you can't even complain about the price until you actually see what was done to the vehicle itself. You posted a quick-n-dirty summary with zero detail or reference.

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
But I got a FREE tank of gas ! Seriously, I can't take it with me when I die but could you leave me a little pocket money until that time comes....

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Everyone has to bitch about something.

Here we have people bitching about other people getting fleeced/good deals with money that isn't theirs.

Classic gladiator forum butt hurt by proxy. When in doubt, crow about someone else's deal.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
LOL at local news stations. They wouldn't give two craps about what a dealership is charging for a package the dealership added to a vehicle.

In reality, the salesperson is going to go to the sales manager and give them your requests and the sales manager is going to reply back that, no they will not do that and don't have to. Bottom line, if you don't buy it, someone else will and they won't ask a single question about any of it.
Been 3 different cases on local news in the past month covering the same exact thing on Bronco's. So I guess YOUR research is weak.

Don't know about your state, but in mine they have to give you an itemized list of what you're buying when buying new. Like trying to double charge for a hard top and TPMS in the example the OP gave. They also have to give you FULL credit, or provide the parts, if they are in the original MSRP.

You CAN make things difficult for a dealership, most people choose not to. When I see crap like what the OP posted up, I enjoy making them uncomfortable.

And your final comment is part of whats wrong with people, screw the other guy at all costs and let them fend for themselves.
Sponsored