Sponsored

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
This is so sad. We are looking into coming from Germany to the States, but when I see bullet holes...
Not like it is sooo much better here, just media... but the chance to get shot at are very unlikely.

We hope you got the f#ers.

Damn man

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
They are using something different, you really can't steal the signal, (not since the 90s) only way to do that is if you yourself press the unlock button, they know what that random code in the sequence was before hand (almost impossible to guess, they don't use rolling codes anymore), they block that signal from getting to your JT, then you don't press the unlock button again so they can now use the code they just blocked because the key never sent it to the JT. Highly unlikely. Most likely using something stolen from the dealership, save that tinfoil for some brisket!
I just saw a documentary that actually states just the opposite. As fast as new tech is created, by the time its developed, there is already a hack.... they use a program on the IPad and intercept your signal, download it and creat their own fob, come back and gone. I will try to find it again for reference.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
My uncle had a completely restored 66 mustang 289 hipo 4 speed, and he would remove the entire distributor if he was traveling (or coming to visit us).

Opinions on the easiest way to manually disable one of our new vehicles so scumbags, sorry, thieves with a computer (or whatever their process was) couldnā€™t accomplish this.

ā€¦ Iā€™m hoping ShadowsPaPa has a good idea šŸ˜‰
Maybe disable the fuel pump ?

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
That truck is already South of the border with all numbers scratched off! It will sell for a couple of hundred k...
I flew B-52s for many years, was an Air Liaison Officer (ALO) and travelled South of the border on special missions. I would see a lot of Harleys and F-150's with all the numbers scratched off. Even fake HD dealers selling the stolen bikes like a true HD dealer. The prices were mind-boggling.
That or to one of the desert countries

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Sorry for your loss. Hope you recover from it.

I have a hood lock and a kill switch wired into the Push To Start button. The thieves may be able to start it but will not be able to drive away with it šŸ¤ž
Explanation please... first the kill switch and how can it start, but not drive ?

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Explanation please... first the kill switch and how can it start, but not drive ?
The kill switch interrupts the process to getting the Jeep into the a drivable state.

You may be able to steal my keyfob and remote start it but you will not be able to get in gear to drive away.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
It is just plain odd that you would even expect me to justify my position on this...Well, here it is:

Self defeatist attitude doesn't work for me, I have never lived my life that way. And just on principle, neither does letting thieves steel from me...Using your logic as a reason is really just an excuse to be complacent. With your POV, which of course you are welcome too, might as well leave your front door unlocked on your house (after all as folks with your POV say for justification: "can't stop a determined thief"). Put a sign up take whatever you want just don't hurt us. I'm sure you will get plenty of "friendly" thieves who will accommodate you.
Theft is one major reason why insurance is so damn high... Im not standing by either... ask any operator, the sound of a shotgun racking is a great deterrent.

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Cops are not too interested it seems as they are slow to respond to additional video that I obtained from neighbours. Insurance insulted me as if I was behind having it stolen to pay off creditors or some BS like that. SXM Guardian found nothing after 5 days and stopped pining for it now. Basically, my Gladiator is forever gone and I have to figure out where that leaves me financially.
After all is said and done with your current insurance company, it may be time to switch companies. They are in business to protect us, not to accuse us of fraud. :mad:

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Iā€™m not sure what it is about Gladiators, but mine has almost been stolen twice. Once, when it we brand new, I happened to roll up when they just got it running, but still locked and then three weeks ago in an attempted car jacking. I got away. My Jeep has bullet holes in it.
Sounds like Raleigh, NC is no longer the same place that Andy Griffith talked about.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Iā€™m not sure what it is about Gladiators, but mine has almost been stolen twice. Once, when it we brand new, I happened to roll up when they just got it running, but still locked and then three weeks ago in an attempted car jacking. I got away. My Jeep has bullet holes in it.

Edit:
It happened three weeks ago, itā€™s still under investigation. I probably shouldnā€™t have even posted those pics.
CAE30DD9-C2E9-462F-A1EF-01B20C752B27.jpeg

9F003216-A1CC-436F-AD60-2600FE3D2366.jpeg

20870522-307A-4D89-8DBD-68830F191957.jpeg

9E4F4AF3-6528-4BCE-BCC2-7D0CD9FA5F23.jpeg

ABC6E6EE-E890-4ECF-9E3A-B3CD61FC85E1.jpeg

FFE543DD-8CA6-4277-862C-DE25C521E2EA.jpeg

EDD90D86-F3AA-4D98-B68E-D6512C1703DB.jpeg

57E1D790-26C8-4AFA-A73D-C54D1959B7B1.jpeg

CEC2C120-65C2-47D5-9101-EF926FD6C3EF.jpeg
I take it you didnā€™t have an opportunity to shoot back. It doesnā€™t always present itself. Damn. NC is as bad as DC these days.
Sponsored