Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Raleigh is always listed as one of the best cities in America to live. I’m not singling you out, but you guys need to not take an isolated incident and judge a city or state by it.
I LOVE my state of California, yes it's a S--T Hole but it's my S--T Hole.
Sponsored

adrnln.JT

First Name
Sheridan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Network Engineer
^^^^ sorry, that was funny, in a hillbilly way of funny !

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Raleigh is always listed as one of the best cities in America to live. I’m not singling you out, but you guys need to not take an isolated incident and judge a city or state by it.
Non-violent crime, like car theft, shouldn’t be a detractor for how good a city is to live.

I know for a fact that heavy equipment theft ring(s)are headquartered in/around the Raleigh/chapel hill/Cary area. Their territory extends to Virginia and the northern parts of SC. A few have been caught and are rolling.

Every state has this. We have a high amount of cargo thefts here in TX, the Dallas area; yet, we have several suburbs that are ranked as best places to live.

We don’t have high gang violence here; which is unusual. Apparently, and I have this from a source directly involved, the various gangs work together, stay under the radar.

vicsvx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
It's interesting that out the 9 pages I scrolled through... No mention of theft in a parking lot. Everyone talks about parking your jeep in the garage, which is a good over all idea if you can, but what about when I'm out at six flags, the mall or mtb? The discussions should be how to detour and slow theft no matter where you're parked at, not just at home.

Locking doors... OK my doors are off or I have soft top on... Now what?

Can't park in a garage, garage is full or I don't have one... Now what?

Having a wheel lock is great...

Having a fuel shutoff switch or maybe starter shutoff switch installed (maybe use aux buttons?)

Sorry for your jeep OP. I was have been floating ideas in my head about easy ways to prevent this from happening

Sponsored

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have not read the 31 pages so mine will not start without the key being in the truck. Does this mean thieves have something to bypass this.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
It's interesting that out the 9 pages I scrolled through... No mention of theft in a parking lot. Everyone talks about parking your jeep in the garage, which is a good over all idea if you can, but what about when I'm out at six flags, the mall or mtb? The discussions should be how to detour and slow theft no matter where you're parked at, not just at home.

Locking doors... OK my doors are off or I have soft top on... Now what?

Can't park in a garage, garage is full or I don't have one... Now what?

Having a wheel lock is great...

Having a fuel shutoff switch or maybe starter shutoff switch installed (maybe use aux buttons?)

Sorry for your jeep OP. I was have been floating ideas in my head about easy ways to prevent this from happening
If they know what they are out to steal a wheel lock is useless. Just saw some stuff recently around me where they cut right through the wheel lock in a flash and stole the vehicle
Sponsored