Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Will make some pictures at the actual camp site. But you get the idea. Cannot do anything more permanent on the bed cause I put my ATV in there :)

Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator 20220906_131954

Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator 20220906_131954
I recently upped my trailer for my 4wheeler and whatever. Been out at Hatfield and McCoy trail area for last week aka E KY. Advantages of the 4wheeler it can be trailered home when broke. :facepalm: 😳
Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator 20220911_143954

A tip for anyone thinking about getting a trailer, check with a local trailer mfg vs Tractor supple, Home Depot, Lowes. Custom built to order 3500 lbs for less than the above that are 2000 lbs rated.

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I recently upped my trailer for my 4wheeler and whatever. Been out at Hatfield and McCoy trail area for last week aka E KY. Advantages of the 4wheeler it can be trailered home when broke. :facepalm: 😳
Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator 20220911_143954

A tip for anyone thinking about getting a trailer, check with a local trailer mfg vs Tractor supple, Home Depot, Lowes. Custom built to order 3500 lbs for less than the above that are 2000 lbs rated.
When I do not have to take the trailer I would rather not have to take the trailer :). that is why i keep my bed as simple as possible. If anything I would consider mad
ramps https://madramps.com/ , but trailer is great if you actually need it.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Yup, there's a local guy who has great prices for utility trailers compared to branded trailers/retailers. I'm looking at doing a 5x8 solid side where I can move my bed rack onto that w/ the RTT and that can be my Adventure Trailer. The list price of that would be about $2200. Two years ago it was $1800.

After 5 years of the RTT (Tepui Autana) I'm getting tired of setting up and breaking down every day. We're even looking at getting a hard pop-up RTT to make it easier.

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That looks pretty sick! Does the “cap” extend the back seat area? More picks or a walk around, please!
Thanks, it was over a year in the making. And yes it is completely open from the driver seat to the tailgate. The bench platform folds up in the back, so you can still seat (4) up front. Here are the latest interior shots. I just finished the interior this weekend. My build thread is below with a ton of photos.

Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator IMG_7235.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator IMG_7241.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator IMG_7256.JPG

Sawburner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Steel Fabrication
Here we are camping at Sampson State park on Seneca Lake.

5EE20E09-C8C8-45F3-9989-6EF31B98FC3C.jpeg

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, there's a local guy who has great prices for utility trailers compared to branded trailers/retailers. I'm looking at doing a 5x8 solid side where I can move my bed rack onto that w/ the RTT and that can be my Adventure Trailer. The list price of that would be about $2200. Two years ago it was $1800.

After 5 years of the RTT (Tepui Autana) I'm getting tired of setting up and breaking down every day. We're even looking at getting a hard pop-up RTT to make it easier.
I paid $1727.°° for the one I got. Funny that you mentioned putting RTT on trailer. The trailer I got I could put the topper from my JT on it's rails even and my RTT. Something I thought about too after I picked it up. But I can say pulling a trailer drags the MPG'S way down.... some of the drop I've seen is due to trying to keep up with a friend in his truck. Nothing like pulling a trailer maybe at 85 mph. 😳 especially since I didn't know how to get there or where exactly we were going and no cellphone service.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I paid $1727.°° for the one I got. Funny that you mentioned putting RTT on trailer. The trailer I got I could put the topper from my JT on it's rails even and my RTT. Something I thought about too after I picked it up. But I can say pulling a trailer drags the MPG'S way down.... some of the drop I've seen is due to trying to keep up with a friend in his truck. Nothing like pulling a trailer maybe at 85 mph. 😳 especially since I didn't know how to get there or where exactly we were going and no cellphone service.
Yeah, if done right, I can park the trailer inside the garage and have everything packed except food and luggage. We don't do a lot of 1-night stays, so being able to set up a basecamp is more our need. It's this or we end up with a travel trailer we have to store off-site.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, if done right, I can park the trailer inside the garage and have everything packed except food and luggage. We don't do a lot of 1-night stays, so being able to set up a basecamp is more our need. It's this or we end up with a travel trailer we have to store off-site.
Funny I have been living in my Scamp T.T. for almost 12 years and "go" camping with less. :like::giggle::giggle: from Tent-Cot, tent or hammock and now a R.T.T. 🤔

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Man, the weather here are in north TX has started getting really nice. It’s got me rolling my windows down on the way to work and wishing I were headed to any of the places in this thread rather than an office building.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I went Rock Crawling at Rausch Creek on Saturday and AOAA on Sunday and stayed at the Trailhead Campground in between the nights. It worked out very well.
Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator 1663610458502

Jeep Gladiator Camping with your Gladiator 1663610691921

One thing that I am having a hard time deciding on is a portable shower/tent combo. Everything I find seems to have mixed reviews. Anyone have one they have had for a while that they like and isn't leaking? I was even looking into those Yakima ones but it looks like they are not much more reliable even though they are very expensive
Sponsored