Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
After posting a lot on the "What did you do TO your Gladiator Today?" but not finding a lot of time and space to post daily updates, I thought I would start my own build threat going through the steps of what I've done to build up my gladiator and drive discussion on it.

The goal of this build is in the title - all Jeep, and all Truck. It's a gladiator, so it's never going to be the perfect rock slayer, taking down the Rubicon trail with ease, but it's sure going to crawl and climb and desert bomb. And it sure is going to do all the daily hauling, towing, and lifestyle things for me that any other mid size truck on the market will do.

The day I drove it off the lot:
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 2301AEAD-19A2-4D7C-B983-E899163D5124

As it stands today:
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_6576

Full mod list:
- Suspension: 2” AEV Mojave lift w/AEV drop brackets, Steer Smarts sector shaft brace, Steer Smarts Yeti XD Track Bar, take-off Rubicon disconnecting sway bar with Evo No Limits knob electronic to manual conversion
- Wheels and Tires: 17x8.5 Method 704 Titanium, 37x12.5 General Grabber ATX
- Exterior: Smittybilt XRC gen 2 Bumper, American Adventure Lab inner fenders & LED Running Light Fender Brace, Carolina Metal Masters mirrors, JTopsUSA Mesh Sunshade, 41 TwentyTwo hitch slider, Bakflip revolver X4S tonneau, RealTruck rubber bed mat, ASFIR 4x4 engine/transmission and transfer case skid plates, Rusty's frame side rear LCA skids
- Interior: Armorlite vinyl floor, Darksidedesigns grab handles
- Cool guy gear: ARB Single air compressor on a 813 Fabrications underhood mount, self-built 4 tire quick inflate/deflate, Badlands (HF) snatch strap and shackles
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beginning.

My Gladiator began as a custom order from Gupton in September 2021, and I took delivery November 15th.

As built: Mojave 3.6/Auto/full time 4WD, Sting Gray with black hard top and fenders, black cloth interior. Options and packages: Gorrilla Glass, spray-in bedliner, 8.4 inch screen, premium Alpine audio, remote proximity entry, LED package, active safety group, trail rails, adaptive cruise control, aux switches, trailer tow.

While waiting for my Gladiator to be built, I ordered Method MR704 Bead Grip 17x8.5s in grey, and had them shipped to Gupton to install as soon as my truck arrived. I love Method wheels and I've run them on every truck I've owned, but after running Bronze on my last truck, I decided to go a bit more subtle on the Gladiator wheels. This is already a rediculously ostentation vehicle, so no need o rub it in any more.

I had originally planned on running 35s, and had a fill set from Discount Tire in my garage, up until about a week from my truck's delivery. Then I found out Mopar had the buy 3 get 1 tire sale going on, and I purchased a set of four 37x12.5 General Grabber AT3s. I drove off the lot like this and actually have no idea what a Gladiator on base 33s feels like - I'm sure its a rocket ship in comparison.
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_3887
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_3885

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First mods:

Basic aesthetic/function mods typical of most trucks/jeeps. @darksidedesign grab handles, Bakflip Revolver X4S tonneau. Not pictured because I didn't take pictures of install, but also put in Armorlite wash-out vinyl flooring. Also, started realizing here just how big 37s are compared to regular passenger tires. You don't really notice it in the massive wheel wells.
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_3905
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_3908
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 65890181597__8E8C828B-41A4-4E6D-B411-BDECC2303DA5

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First 4WD use:

First wheeling trip was some basic trails in East PA. I didn't have the time to make it out to Rousch Creek unfortunately, and can't wait to the next time I'm there. Check out the stock flex with sway bars still connected, and the room with no lift and 37s. Hopefully this helps with the constant "CaN
i FiT 37s sToCk" questions for Mojave- yes you can, but wheeling hard has some limits. The rear tuck was actually the prohibiting factor - I was touching the rear fenders and still had a bit of room in the front.

Shortly after this, drove down I95 the day it got walloped by a snow storm. The Gladiator KILLED it, and I was in zero worry I would get stuck somewhere, unlike the dozens and dozens of cars I passed stuck in snowbanks. 4A was a good choice.

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4175
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4178
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4179
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4180
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4181
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4182
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4183

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 66291997550__73E53CB2-BE14-431A-99B2-B5476194A258

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First major suspension upgrade:

Installed AEV Mojave 2" lift with their Geometry Correction Brackets. The Mojave shocks and ride were its selling point to me and I didn't want to give that up by going with a different lift. I figured that the geo correction brackets were a more cost-effective solution than going with adjustable control arms, would better maintain the great factory ride, and that running 37s mostly overcomes the lower clearance on the brackets.

I had access to a DIY shop with a 4 post lift, air tools, and everything else I could need, which helped a whole lot. Another set of hands would have helped more. Install took me two days for the front, and one for the rear. It was definitely a learning experience and I could probably half that time today knowing what I know, but definitely worth it versus having a shop do it. As my calculus teacher used to say, "It's not difficult - just tedious."

Front only installed showing nose high:
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build nose high

Geo brackets mid-install:
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 66395760117__EDEE1B61-E9AE-4303-95BF-8FDBAFD1C800

Completed lift:
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build Completed lift
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build damn she high

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More to follow!

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Nice build! After a year, how do you like your full time 4WD? What are the noticable differences than part time 4WD?

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice build! After a year, how do you like your full time 4WD? What are the noticable differences than part time 4WD?
Having the CV shafts in the front axle from factory, that come with the 4A, is a huge win in my book. Those are an expensive upgrade to do aftermarket. While I’ve never wheeled a SFA vehicle with u-joints, reading on the forums and watching videos, I’ve seen how they can bind when making hard turns in 4wd. Just this weekend I was doing some decently hard stuff, seen in the “after” pic in the first post. Power delivery is smooth to the front wheels.

As far as the actual function of 4A, it’s really just a “nice to have” rather than a need. It’s nice to throw it in 4A on the pavement when it’s raining so I’m not breaking the rear tires loose in a turn or from a stoplight. The snow driving last winter I mentioned is great too, 4A and forget about it and not be worried about hitting traction unexpectedly and bindings something, if I had been in 4HI.

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
Awesome build so far.

I’m in NJ and also got the 4 auto option. Only had to use it in the rain so far, but it’s been great.

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"All truck":

At this point I moved from the east coast to TX. I didn't get a lot of pics as it was a busy time, but I ended up pulling this 6x12 Uhaul about 1000 miles. Trailer weighed in at about 5500 lbs, and the truck handled it fine. The engine did surprisingly well - I could tell it was back there, but it pulled as hard as I needed when I asked it to. I spent a lot of time above 3k RPM, but I never felt in danger or unsafe due to lack of power. It was quick to downshift and keep me in the power band. Average MPG was about 11.5 over the duration of the trip. Not bad for a Jeep on 37s.
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4321

Temps never were in danger. Occasionally oil temp would get to a high of 220 but was generally around normal operating temps.
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4317

Can't do this with a Wrangler, which is why I have a Gladiator - "all truck":

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 66483359821__D21B2050-98FC-4772-97B5-C4E606346C7D

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"All Jeep": doorless for the first time:

Moved into my new place and started getting ready for doorless life, which is a huge reason why I wanted a Jeep - ever since I rode in my buddy's doorless JK.

I built a very easy DIY set of door hangers in my garage, that a certain controversial Jeep influencer has a guide on. I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but this worked for me - 6 pieces of 2 foot project 2x4s, some lag screws, and some eye hooks and viola:

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4481
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4491
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4488

Also at this time Installed Carolina Metal Masters' A pillar mirrors. Thoroughly impressed with the mount and hardware. Very "meh" on the mirror they chose....it's tiny, and the bug eye lens makes things very hard to see. It works well as a blind spot mirror, but I find myself looking over my shoulder and in the rear view more often to scan around me. Doors off helps with that anyway. It meets my needs though as I wanted something I could go 70 on the highway that wouldn't rattle or have me scared it's going to come off, and adds that extra safety measure for more visibility. Props to CMM for the sturdy design, but I'd love if they had included a better mirror.
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build pic1

Doors off, roof on is probably my favorite configuration:
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_4492

After this I relocated the mirror to the top part of the grab handle. It makes pulling myself up into the jeep with the A pillar grab handle way easier, and doesn't affect visibility too much.
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build pic2

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Track bar/sector shaft brace install:

Noticed that the axle had been slightly off-center since the AEV lift with the stock track bar. Plus as extra insurance against any potential death wobble, and to tighten up the steering, I put in the ever popular Steer Smarts sector shaft/track bar brace, and installed their adjustable track bar with the HD poly bushings.

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 67340481482__3EE4534C-5C29-4C83-8FD6-FCAC9A7DACCE
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 67364852854__DA94139F-0400-49FE-8A29-9D6DC79C20CB

Note for Mojave owners, if you weren't already aware, you'll have to do some cutting on the extra tab on the frame. I had seen this on the forum so I was prepared for it:

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 67364319978__97F17532-F9EE-4702-B7CC-5BA40397DF15

What I didn't realise is that I'd have to do some grinding down in the "U" of the brace as well. The extra tab on the Mojave in the pic above not only sticks further down on the regular coil bucket, but it extends firther to the right (rear of vehicle). The "U" of the brace was still too wide and I had to grind down some metal on it to make it fit:

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 67364325953__214D67B3-9681-40AE-B7C3-F8B4A91BD5AE
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 67364329410__2379DB10-B0DA-478B-9460-05CB7F17ACB7

Hit it with some rustoleum and got it in there:

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build 67364423492__320BA43F-596F-418A-B929-0434C92BA3F8

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First BoH:

Finally hit my first real trails at Hidden Falls Off Road Park, Marble Falls, TX. One of my coworkers has a built up Land Cruiser-based Lexus GX and a lot more experience than me. He taught me a lot and provided a great intro in putting all the stuff I've learned on the internet into practice. Since then, I go at least once a month to Hidden Falls and have been learning more, learning how to use my truck and its capabilities and limitations, and having more fun each time I go. Hidden Falls is absolutely one of my favorite spots in TX, there is so much variety in trails that theres something fun and challenging for any level of rig. If you haven't gotten that badge, plan a trip.

Not a lot of pictures from this first trip, as we were mostly driving or spotting each other, but here's some shots:
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_5024

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_5011
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_5034.JPG

Not bad flex for having the sway bar still connected.

Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_5032.JPG
Jeep Gladiator NoDoorsNoProblem's "All Jeep, All Truck" Build IMG_5031.JPG

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
looks good

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I actually kind of like the simplicity of this build. You've got a nice mod list going, and to be completely honest, you almost can't tell anything has been done just by looking at it. Everything has been sort of a "behind the scenes" modification it seems, and that's a cool way to go in my book.
Sponsored