Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR-HVY 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
BvPzMM8.jpg

6OBjvkb.jpg

J8NbWLY.jpg

BPFr4EB.jpg

Jumped into Jscan!! Tweaked a bunch of stuff!

Hood alarm and "Bambi mode" were the top two. Seatbelt warning off (I drive on road with belt on, but casual offroad I dont ), I forget what else I did, lmfao. Super easy to do, very happy with it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Gladiator Duecius Maximus, a build... L1OcaSu

Jeep Gladiator Duecius Maximus, a build... mF4YIZH

Jeep Gladiator Duecius Maximus, a build... wG4r4FL

Jeep Gladiator Duecius Maximus, a build... L0FIzLH

Jeep Gladiator Duecius Maximus, a build... jyIloFP

MOAR SECURITY!!!

Rugged Ridge locking hood latches!!!

Also, I jammed a lil electrical tape on the top ends, when you go to pivot the clamp down, it touches the hood. I'm going to put some clear PPF here soon enough.

Overall, pretty sweet.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
yQ2MbzZ.jpg

BReyl7I.jpg

Ca0lWrW.jpg

Rugged ridge door sill protectors. Fitment was OK, not perfect, but Im not angry about it either, lol

Simple install. Best coverage I could find in a protector set.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
wFJnEXU.jpg

ZH3z6q9.jpg

frtUOUU.jpg

yajXfky.jpg

Well, after a member asked me about hitch skid clunk, it became a thing. I kept noticing it!! Ignorance was truly bliss.

SO I shimmed it out with some red kydex. Hopefully it stays put. Currently theres no motion in the hitch skid or the hitch locking pin. It may break in a smidge, may not.

Time will tell, lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ok, so I have off this week. Should finally be above freezing weds onwards.

Plan is to crack the diffs open, pull and pot the sensors.

Change trans and transfer case fluids.

Use the G2 caliper paint kit on the brakes. I really like these kits, and it seals the calipers for easy cleaning. Plus a lil red in the wheel well fits the build, lmfao

The sensors and G2 will leave the vehicle down for a day at least.

I also have Gyeon View, to seal the windshield. Thats a 1-2 day affair though. I have other "less permenant" sealants. Probably going to swap wiper blades too. Visibility in adverse weather has been poor. Water has not been beading, it just smears/lingers and is very poo poo to see through.

So quite a bit on my plate, hoping to get it all done though without freezong my schnutz off.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
CNzurBy.jpg

3HB7qHw.jpg

nAIp2Ez.jpg

tsoqDcj.jpg

nGn64Oq.jpg

mACZCwj.jpg

UaCjUvD.jpg

XeUI2JR.jpg

AcQgqUT.jpg

PwstbUb.jpg

rQ6Abb6.jpg

hj6u6IQ.jpg

jfXZ1FO.jpg

XMWGYYH.jpg

GxuNjNW.jpg

nfxn8wl.jpg

RCM8eDN.jpg

0zEJ16Y.jpg

5xESgWT.jpg

TYMtC46.jpg

rBKmuhK.jpg

JJavNmS.jpg

bIlhCHi.jpg

JRgq3fD.jpg

Okay!!! Potting was a bit interesting. Cure time was pretty loose. I let it cure a little over 24hr before installing. Going to be setting up another 12-14 hours before I drive it. I really hope it remains unconductive as it's curing. Thats a big variable that is probably fine. I checked the TDS and got all the specs on it, but doesnt mention conductivity while wet, lol

Breaking the rear alignment tab really had me like "WTF man... I didn't do anything wrong" It appears to be less necessary, well, pending my first drive, fingers crossed!

ARB diff covers are stellar!!! Fantastic pieces! Setting up the dipstick wasn't hard. I accidentally overfilled the front big time, had to drain, check, drain, check and I think it's spot on now though. Rear was very easy, front has issues with the track bar/steering and what not. Jacking up the drivers side frame, buys you all the clearance you need to install the cover, and mostly fill.

I torqued the diff cover bolts to 25 ft/lbs with Blue Loctite.

Rear sensor had some metal on it, I cleaned that all off.

I increased the weight in the rear to 75w140. Which is what people we saying the Max tow runs. A bit more protection seems like a good move.

So we take about 1.5 liters in the rear, a lil over 1 liter in the front. Not sure how much the ARB covers affected the fill, I just did their dipstick and didnt measure out anything, lmao. I may pay more attention on next fill.

Mileage is a little over 3000 miles.

Hopefully I get ome time to swap trans and transfer case fluid, do the lamin-x for the lights, ceramic coat the windshield, and install the new trico wipers I bought, mine seem to be under performing.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Oh! Some more thoughts.

I should have bought the dispensing tool for the potting compound. I had a hard time just jamming my fingers in the tube ends and keeping the mixing tip aligned to the sensor.

Placing the sensor in a small vice would have helped quite a bit too. Just lay down some plastic the catch the runny compound. Be ready with a clean shop towel and acetone to clean the sensor some for electrical taping. The potting compound is quite runny!!

Instructions say to mix some compound first, to get it jive-ing before you actually pot something. I did not, lol

Cure time is tough. At least 24 hr it seems. They give you a 2 hours at 149 degree F as an option too. I should have tried this with high temp masking tape from powdercoating. Would make me more confident in a full cure.

Ball end long handle T20 was perfect.

I used a ball end 6mm to torque the diff cover bolts down.

Also, the locker sensor machine screws are coated in RED loctite from the factory. Which is why they are hard to remove. Not blue.

I'll update this if shit goes defcon 4 tomorrow. Lol

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Gladiator Duecius Maximus, a build... 1000000874

Jeep Gladiator Duecius Maximus, a build... 1000000877

Jeep Gladiator Duecius Maximus, a build... 1000000880

Used the Bakflip in two of its open positions! Truck felt great with the weight in the back.

Excited to have my tools in new storage, not excited to do it! Lol

Badlands Apex winch! Just need a bumper now, lol

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ok, so after potting the sensors, and cleaning everything up, my lockers engage and disengage pretty much immediately. Which is really nice! I still have more testing to do, but initial use I was quite shocked. It responded promptly. I was having some issues prior. Good to see it working well!!

I have the badlands apex winch. So now I need a bumper.

Going to go with the Rugged Ridge Arcus, with over-rider loop.

Planning out Diode Dynamics lights to mount to it, maybe also buy their foglight replacements. Big ducats, cry once, buy once though.

Probably run 2 of their 4 section square pods, and 2 of their 2 section flat pods. I think I can get them mounted reasonably without blocking trailcam, or hanging out. Going to use space inside the bull bar, and maybe outside top by tires for the lil guys. Lots of layout and decisions here. Trying to figure out what beam patterns and colors I want. Reading a lot on it.

Looking at Voswitch to get better independant control of lighting.

Looking at better reverse lights, license plate light cut-out relay for reverse, and rock lights.
Sponsored