First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Okay, so I found this over the weekend, looking for some different parts for my vehicle and so I pose this question but before I do let me say this......

I could never understand why someone would put a GM engine in a Ford and a Ford engine in a GM vehicle, with that said, if I was going to do a V-8 conversion in a newer jeep I would obviously put a Hemi in it, but is there anyone out there that would actually put a GM LS Engine into a Jeep?

https://www.jegs.com/p/Bruiser-Conv...ersions-for-Jeep-Wrangler-JK/6842744/10002/-1

Just asking for opinions, maybe I'm not thinking straight........
Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
There are a ton of companies that offer LS conversions for the Wrangler platform. Some companies like Novak offer complete conversions shipped to your door with every component you need to complete it but they come with a hefty price tag. It really depends on what the owners end goal is and how committed to purity they are. I have seen plenty of clean swaps in Jeep's from other brands but if I was to do one I would likely go for a Hemi as I am more familiar with Mopar products, but an LS would be at the top of my list as well. Just throw "Jeep JK LS conversion" into Google and you'll see a ton of hits and eventually the aftermarket will get there for the JL platform.

OP
OP
ZEN357

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Wow! Didn't realize the LS was as popular as it is. I was a GM guy most of my young life until I bought my first Mustang and then went to Mopar and love the Hemi engines.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
MOPAR just revealed their 426 Hellephant crate engine boasting 1000HP. Great time to be alive if you have deep pockets!

OP
OP
ZEN357

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Could only imagine a 426 down in a JL with a lift Kit and 35's on it!!!! :)

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Could only imagine a 426 down in a JL with a lift Kit and 35's on it!!!! :)
With a 426 you could roast 40's easily haha. I get the feeling Jeep will likely put that into something for EJS 2019 and continue to tease us with things we cannot have (factory ordered).

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
426 in a Wrangler would be scary. Like this Willys. I think I actually got this link from this forum so sorry if its a repeat.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
426 in a Wrangler would be scary. Like this Willys. I think I actually got this link from this forum so sorry if its a repeat.

I remember following that build a few years ago. Thing was ridiculous and I believe they rebuilt it last I saw. Not really sure whatever came of the LSX Willys but its wicked.

Edit: Found this.

OP
OP
ZEN357

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I would definitely drop a 426 in a Rubicon!!!! LOL!!!
Sponsored