**2020 Jeep Gladiator official pics and specs**

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I will say, I really like the JT's taillights over the JL LED units. They appear to have some darker coloring in the middle similar to the RAM Rebel's tails as well. Definitely an improvement!

WranglerWillys

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1945 Willy's MB
Good to see this released.

I was pretty disappointed in the fact there won't be a manual diesel. I told the engineers when I was on the line that this will be a killer thing for myself and others.

FCA/suppliers does patrol all the forums.

:captain:

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
Good to see this released.

I was pretty disappointed in the fact there won't be a manual diesel. I told the engineers when I was on the line that this will be a killer thing for myself and others.

FCA/suppliers does patrol all the forums.

:captain:
Maybe that's why it's delayed till 2020? (Clinging to to tiniest threads of hope :cwl:)

Sponsored

Fishdoc

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler X
My problem is I want a diesel but have to get by with my 2006 TJ until them. 110,000 miles but it is doing well. Can I make it?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
My problem is I want a diesel but have to get by with my 2006 TJ until them. 110,000 miles but it is doing well. Can I make it?
I would hope so, my daily driver for the last 2 years has been my 1996 XJ with 200k on it since I totaled my Ranger and refuse to spend the money I have saved for the JT on anything else.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I have had several Jeep's with over 300K and just kept up with maintenance. You can do it!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
I'm having trouble with the lines formed at the back of the rear door. Where it narrows to become much narrow at the bottom was out of necessity for the JL, not the JT.

One of two things I think should have happened: make the front and back doors of similar width at the bottom, or this below, where the tub lines follow the rear door lines.

My 2 cents: the JT in the OP looks a bit like a 1 off custom job made with JL doors.

Otherwise, I think it looks great, and you may disagree about the lines.

jt2b.jpg

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I'm having trouble with the lines formed at the back of the rear door. Where it narrows to become much narrow at the bottom was out of necessity for the JL, not the JT.

One of two things I think should have happened: make the front and back doors of similar width at the bottom, or this below, where the tub lines follow the rear door lines.

My 2 cents: the JT in the OP looks a bit like a 1 off custom job made with JL doors.

Otherwise, I think it looks great, and you may disagree about the lines.

jt2b.jpg
FCA/Jeep has said from the get go that they plan to use the JL front end, including the doors. And since all a square door would do is expose seat cushion, I'm fine with it as is.

Sponsored

Bigstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
OK, is it just me or does the bed look to short? I want it to be as close to the AEV length as it can get. AEV just looks better proportioned comparing to the photos. Hope these are renderings, or there is a longer bed option. Funny, I thought the transition between the cab and bed would be my big gripe, but this is bigger.

Hope these are just renderings and the real deal looks more proportioned.

kltk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM 1500
Wow. Just..... Wow. I like. A lot. 7600lbs TC, Convertible, 1600lbs Payload just put this truck on the radar for me. Price may be a limiting factor but I'll wait to see what those numbers are before a final decision. Something's telling me it's going to be in line with higher end RAM 1500's and wouldn't be surprised if a fully loaded Gladiator with diesel, leather, hardtop Rubicon model would come very close to, or cross $60k.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I'm so happy that the payload is 1600 and towing is 7650. Now I hope people will stop calling it a JL with a bed.

Looks like the folks that wanted the power rear glass got there wish. I hope I can order without it but no big deal if not.

Now give us a Rubicon base priced close to the JL so I don't have to go with the Sport.
Sponsored