Sponsored

Concerned about 1st year production?

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
what’s everyone’s thoughts on the truck being a brand new model and having issues since it’s the 1st year? I know it shares parts with the jlu so it’s not a total new design. Just curious if anyone is worried about first year of production issues and having to get a lot of repairs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MojitoWrangler

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
what’s everyone’s thoughts on the truck being a brand new model and having issues since it’s the 1st year? I know it shares parts with the jku so it’s not a total new design. Just curious if anyone is worried about first year of production issues and having to get a lot of repairs.
The good news is from the doors forward it’s essentially a JL wrangler! Many of the first year gremlins should have been shaken out of the system by time they start building the Gladiator. And the frame supplier hopefully learned from their mistakes! Personally I don’t see Nearly as many issues with the gladiator that they had with the JL wrangler.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
what’s everyone’s thoughts on the truck being a brand new model and having issues since it’s the 1st year? I know it shares parts with the jku so it’s not a total new design. Just curious if anyone is worried about first year of production issues and having to get a lot of repairs.
The JT and JLU share no components with the JKU and has been toted as an entirely new design, inside and out. With any new model from any manufacturer there will be issues and even for established models production problems can still exist. These are mass produced vehicles so there is a margin of error but Jeep has been ranked around middle of the pack and in line with Toyota for manufacturer issues per a given number of vehicles. All told, I am not too concerned with the JT as the JL has been out for some time allowing them to make adjustments to the production line and correct any recalls that have occurred.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I am concerned, but unfortunately I don't have the patience to wait. Fortunately/unfortunately the wait for the diesel will force me to wait a little while. Hopefully by diesel production they will have worked out most of the issues

OP
OP

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
The JT and JLU share no components with the JKU and has been toted as an entirely new design, inside and out. With any new model from any manufacturer there will be issues and even for established models production problems can still exist. These are mass produced vehicles so there is a margin of error but Jeep has been ranked around middle of the pack and in line with Toyota for manufacturer issues per a given number of vehicles. All told, I am not too concerned with the JT as the JL has been out for some time allowing them to make adjustments to the production line and correct any recalls that have occurred.
I meant JLU not JKU. I changed it.

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I meant JLU not JKU. I changed it.
No problem. I do think most of the kinks will be worked out by the time the JT's start being delivered. I would love to say all of them will be, but that is living in a perfect world. As with most things we won't know until we know.

OP
OP

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
No problem. I do think most of the kinks will be worked out by the time the JT's start being delivered. I would love to say all of them will be, but that is living in a perfect world. As with most things we won't know until we know.
Just like waiting around for the big reveal. I’m driving a 2000 Cherokee so I’m ready for an upgrade. Just a little nervous about the new model. But like it’s been said above, it’s not a new front half so that’s a little reassuring. I just hope I can afford it. Hopefully the base sport model will be affordable.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Just like waiting around for the big reveal. I’m driving a 2000 Cherokee so I’m ready for an upgrade. Just a little nervous about the new model. But like it’s been said above, it’s not a new front half so that’s a little reassuring. I just hope I can afford it. Hopefully the base sport model will be affordable.
Exact sentiments most of us have had for a long time. Affordability. If they price is right it will sell like crazy and be a massive hit.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I'm not concerned about it being the first year because like everyone else said it's a JL. I'm not buying the diesel because I live at the beach and doesn't make since for me, If I were I would be little concerned with it or the 2.0LT engine. I'm sure at some point there will be a problem, I have had 4 recalls on my 2016 Ram 1500. My only concern on the JT is how long it will take from when it's ordered to when I take delivery!

kltk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM 1500
Got my eyes on 2023. Second gen of the first run. They should have all the issues worked out by then and fixes/parts will be easy to get if a problem arises.

It's also going to be interesting what the difference is in towing capacity, payload, and GCWR between the diesel and gasser. Would be a bummer if the only way to get to 7600lbs towing capacity is with the $5k diesel option.

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Normally that's a good rule of thumb on any 1st year vehicle.

However, if you go 3.6 gas engine, auto or manual transmission, and none of the "new" options your chances for recall should be very small.

Over 70% of the JT is carryover from JL, so you are limited to issues with the new rear suspension, the bed, and the different soft top mechanism. And while it's on a new and separate production line, they have the benefit of producing the JL for 12 months.

kltk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM 1500
Agreed. If the numbers come in as advertised with the Pentastar V6, I’d be ok with that as that’s the configuration I have in a 2016 RAM 1500 QC 4x4 and it works great for my needs.
Sponsored