Sponsored

**2020 Jeep Gladiator official pics and specs**

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
Yes it does. Diesel engines spin slower than gasoline so they need taller gears.
He said it was for the JT in general, so even the gasser. But pretty sure it's getting 4.10s regardless.
Sponsored

Bodya

First Name
Bodya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 tacoma
I've been very excited and impatiently waiting for the release of this truck. A bit nervous too...but looks like jeep did a great job. One slight disappointment, which seems to be just me so far, are the tail lights. Not a fan of how the blind spot monitors block the red led going around the perimeter of the tail light. But I'm pretty sure ill be able to make peace with it.

KA350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
We all wish that but not looking good.
What’s your basis for that comment? No other pricing has come out, unless I’ve missed it?
I’m hoping it stays in the 30s for a sport. There is no reason why it shouldn’t. Lots of people are blowing the pricing way out of proportion.

I’m guessing it’s a little more than a JL but not much. Like a $2500 premium. It shares a lot with the JL, so I’m not seeing it being a lot more $ than a JL. This is all my opinion, hopefully we know more next week.

Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler
What’s your basis for that comment? No other pricing has come out, unless I’ve missed it?
I’m hoping it stays in the 30s for a sport. There is no reason why it shouldn’t. Lots of people are blowing the pricing way out of proportion.

I’m guessing it’s a little more than a JL but not much. Like a $2500 premium. It shares a lot with the JL, so I’m not seeing it being a lot more $ than a JL. This is all my opinion, hopefully we know more next week.
This....

"The Jeep Wrangler-based pickup truck does not yet have a name, despite press reports that it will carry the historic "Gladiator" name. Marchionne said the Jeep pickup will be "expensive; intentionally so" because it is designed as a lifestyle truck that is likely to generate annual sales below 100,000 units."I'm a natural buyer for that pickup truck, by the way," Marchionne said, adding the Jeep pickup won't compete with the midsize Ford Ranger or the Chevrolet Colorado on price, and won't be in dealerships until mid-2019

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
I know this is a lil late in the game but did anyone see a Sahara badge on the red soft top?

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
This....

"The Jeep Wrangler-based pickup truck does not yet have a name, despite press reports that it will carry the historic "Gladiator" name. Marchionne said the Jeep pickup will be "expensive; intentionally so" because it is designed as a lifestyle truck that is likely to generate annual sales below 100,000 units."I'm a natural buyer for that pickup truck, by the way," Marchionne said, adding the Jeep pickup won't compete with the midsize Ford Ranger or the Chevrolet Colorado on price, and won't be in dealerships until mid-2019
I'm sure FCA has an expert staff determining pricing on these vehicles, and they have all sorts of data to support whatever pricing structure they come up with. From a personal perspective as I consider a JT Rubicon vs. Colorado ZR2, I'm willing to part with a little more cash for cool factor/features, such as removable doors, top, etc. given that the utility and capability between the vehicles remains similar. We all have our own personal purchase criteria, and I think outside of die-hard Jeep and Chevy folks or automobile company CEOs, the average consumer looking for a mid-size truck isn't going to tolerate a huge premium on the Jeep due to "lifestyle" features. I need to trailer motorcycles to and from the race track, and will apply lifestyle premium $$ to slicks for my bike before opening the wallet wide for the capability of removable roof panels and doors.

Jeep/RAM are FCA's cash cow and life blood... I'd imagine they would rather generate more per-unit profit with a modest price bump for the JT instead of sacrificing total sales volume by pegging a ridiculous premium on the Jeep.

Sponsored

KA350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I'm sure FCA has an expert staff determining pricing on these vehicles, and they have all sorts of data to support whatever pricing structure they come up with. From a personal perspective as I consider a JT Rubicon vs. Colorado ZR2, I'm willing to part with a little more cash for cool factor/features, such as removable doors, top, etc. given that the utility and capability between the vehicles remains similar. We all have our own personal purchase criteria, and I think outside of die-hard Jeep and Chevy folks or automobile company CEOs, the average consumer looking for a mid-size truck isn't going to tolerate a huge premium on the Jeep due to "lifestyle" features. I need to trailer motorcycles to and from the race track, and will apply lifestyle premium $$ to slicks for my bike before opening the wallet wide for the capability of removable roof panels and doors.

Jeep/RAM are FCA's cash cow and life blood... I'd imagine they would rather generate more per-unit profit with a modest price bump for the JT instead of sacrificing total sales volume by pegging a ridiculous premium on the Jeep.

I’m with you here, I’m a Jeep fan and own a JKU, I’ve been waiting a long time, like most , for this truck, BUT! if 45,000 is a starting price, I’m out. I’m buying a Raptor instead and I’ll keep my paid off 2014JKU.

I can see the view point of not competing with a Ranger or Colorado for base pricing and that is fine with me. But a huge difference and it’s just not worth it.
Now say a base rubicon is mid 40s then I’ll play ball!