Lift and tires

Kangarhew

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
like you guys I’m anxiously awaiting even just being able to order my JT, and spending many hours thinking about, what my plans are with it. I am going to get the sport s with max tow package. My question is, if I put a 3 inch lift, could I fit 35’s on it without affecting my tow capacity too much? Or would it be better to stick to a 2-2.5 with 33’s. I’m also assuming that with the 4.10 gears with the max tow package, I shouldn’t have to regear for the larger tires.
Sponsored

Byebyetaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
This isnt like JK. A 2” lift will be plenty. Wont affect your towing. Gearing should be great still and have plenty of power to boot.

OP
OP

Kangarhew

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Awesome, so 2” mopar loft with 35s it is!!

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
Awesome, so 2” mopar loft with 35s it is!!
Just make sure to pay attention to the load capacity of whatever tires you buy, and you should be fine.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
With the Max Tow package, you'll have wide enough axles that I'll bet you can fit 35"s on the stock setup... question will be backspacing on Sport S wheels, if they're as deep as the Rubicon wheels then I don't doubt they'll fit. You can aftermarket the Rubicon fenders later if you are worried about "full stuff" rubbing on your existing fenders.

I think I'm going to push for 33"s right out of the gate, but might consider 35"s without a lift... 35" tires just get so pricey.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Depends what you are towing, even with 4.10s 35s will have a big impact on towing on the highway especially if you are in a hilly area.

OP
OP

Kangarhew

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
I honestly won’t be towing much at all. I just want the option for the 4.10 gears, and for if I need to tow anything I have the capability.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I’m more worried about the power output of the Pentastar. I haven’t had anything less than a V-8 in a lot of years. Towing 4600 pounds regularly in the mountains has me concerned. Buying a gladiator is a bit of an emotional purchase for me. I sure hope it’s not a mistake.

Drewellis93

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (on order)
So, will 35's fit on the stock wheels with no lift if I get a Rubicon? I would love to run this vs. adding the 2" lift and 35's.

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
FCA says 35’s will fit on a rubicon without a lift but may rub the fender flare with the sway bar disconnected.
Need to figure what my JK is worth and find somewhere closer to home to get the 6 or 7% off deal with tread lightly code but trying to decide between base rubi with hard top, 8.4 and proximity or sport S with hard top and max tow. Either way I plan on running 33’s for daily use (cheaper to replace as they wear out) and running the 35” mud terrains I have on offset rims for wheeling only. With the pricing as it is I may have to wait until fall to get better trade value and payments which gives them time to start putting out blue paint. Kinda hoping they add Mojito for next year. If they do, I’ll wait for that or get a JLU Mojito now and plan on JT in a few years.

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
Any idea when mopar releases the lift kit ? Would really like to have dealer install prior to delivery

fuelcell1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Granite
will 34 inch tires fit a sport without changing fender flares? and no lift. would be great

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
will 34 inch tires fit a sport without changing fender flares? and no lift. would be great
Yes. But if you don't have the Max Tow/Wide Axles... you might rub when turning.
Sponsored