Back up camera(s)

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I have seen comments about where Jeep decided to place the back up camera. Unfortunately when the tailgate is down you can no longer use the back up camera. As a simple solution I think Jeep should add a second camera placed on the top of the tailgate. It would only work when the tailgate is down in the horizontal position. Place it about 1/2 inch below the top of the tailgate so sheets of plywood could not touch it and scratch the lens. Problem solved, if only Jeep would do this.
Sponsored

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
I questioned the placement of the back up camera myself but it was pointed out that most trucks are place there.
I have seen where you can buy back up cameras that fit on the tail lights. Last by law they have to have one!

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
i have to admit i dont care about back up camreas my wifes car is the only 1 weve got that has it & i still use the mirrors i find them easier & a less distorted view of whats behind but i do get that the camera will show things that are in the blind spot

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Never had a backup camera in any of my vehicles and never backed into anything yet. With a shallow bed the visibility should be pretty good out of the JT. Put the right arm on the passenger's head rest and turn and look hasn't failed me yet. Plus everyone is already concerned about price. I would be bummed Jeep didn't have an option not to have a camera at all, but I know its not Jeeps fault as I am pretty sure its a federal law now.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
Yup, required in the US by law now. As an aside they make hooking up a trailer solo super easy since you have a direct view of the ball in the camera usually. And especially since the Gladiator will apparently offer some sort of trailer hitch zoom feature per the specs.
Sponsored