Hopeful

Kangarhew

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
I was looking at buying one of the new JL’s, but then heard about the JT. I’d really like to have the versatility of the truck with the open air freedom of a wrangler, so I’ve held off on buying anything for now. But as it stands MSRP on the wrangler I want is $42k, which is near the top of my budget already. I’m worried the premium on the JT is going to be too much to justify getting it over the wrangler. Here’s to hoping it won’t be too much so I can still get it, though if it is I’ll still be happy with the JL, and just look longingly at the JT’s as I pass them on the road.
Sponsored

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
Don't pay MSRP for anything... People willing to wait out the initial demand for this vehicle and all of the dealer shenanigans will eventually get trucks for under MSRP, and eventually under invoice from dealers who favor large volume over large margin.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I was looking at buying one of the new JL’s, but then heard about the JT. I’d really like to have the versatility of the truck with the open air freedom of a wrangler, so I’ve held off on buying anything for now. But as it stands MSRP on the wrangler I want is $42k, which is near the top of my budget already. I’m worried the premium on the JT is going to be too much to justify getting it over the wrangler. Here’s to hoping it won’t be too much so I can still get it, though if it is I’ll still be happy with the JL, and just look longingly at the JT’s as I pass them on the road.
FCA stuff usually never actually sells at MSRP. If your dealer isn't offering at least 7 percent under msrp then you should find a different dealer.
Even ram truck sell at 15 percent or more (my dad got his ram 9k under MSRP) under sometimes. So don't let the high MSRP scare you because you should be able to find it for under MSRP.
Sponsored