Sponsored

Gladiator Spotted in Novi, Michigan possibly with Mopar lift, beadlock wheels and 37" tires

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
The question for me is, does he have a size 37 spare, and was he able to stick it underneath with a little modification or is it chillin in the bed or the garage ?
All the reports say 35's fit w/o mods. Haven't seen a picture of what it looks like down there. There's a muffler adjacent to the tire. That's easy to straight pipe. Limit is the distance between the track bar and the hitch/crossmember.
Sponsored

Byebyetaco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
There are so e videos floating around on YouTube that show the spare tire underneath from many different angles. Looked to me like a 37 would take some major modifications if even possible.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I think if I were sporting 37s I would probably have on-board air at that point... and would carry a patch kit and just be prepared to fix my stuff as needed.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
There are so e videos floating around on YouTube that show the spare tire underneath from many different angles. Looked to me like a 37 would take some major modifications if even possible.
I will let you know I'm going to run 37's and plan A is getting it to fit underneath, plan B uhhhhh yeah will work that it out if we have to go there.

DropW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Kia Sephia , 2007 Vulcan 900
If I kept my spare tire a 35, and put 37 or even 40s on the other four wheels, and use the 35 as a spare only ... would there be an issue of riding with one 35inch tire for a few hours to get home or out of the trails if needed ?

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
If I kept my spare tire a 35, and put 37 or even 40s on the other four wheels, and use the 35 as a spare only ... would there be an issue of riding with one 35inch tire for a few hours to get home or out of the trails if needed ?
Getting off the trail is fine- you need to run 2wd, unlocked, until traction needs force you to use 4wd. BUT- if your wheeling requires 40s, that's gonna suck. On the road, how far do you want to drive a jeep on 40's?

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I'm thinking about doing the 2 inch Mopar lift myself. Anyone know if it effects the payload and towing capabilities?

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Standard Sport/Sport S offering for the JL/JLU and now the JT. Definitely resembles the JK euro bumpers but they are putting them on domestic Jeep's as well.
Also it looks like the piece of the bumper between the main bumper and the fender (you know the part that makes it look like a eurobumper, hope I'm making sense) is separate and not permanently molded. I wonder if it will be removable?

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
This looks like the one spotted in Novi last week. It seems to be a Sport with a Mopar/Fox lift installed.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Awesome truck. That one angle reminds me of the old 1950s Power Wagons.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Is that the standard Fox kit that comes on the JT?

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Chances are good the size difference will trigger the ESP and other electronics due to the axle spinning at a much different rate.
Sponsored