Ordering a vehicle directly

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
I will order mine from the factory. The main reason being that I want my name at the top of the sticker.
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
Interesting conversation.

I bought my GC with a predetermined percentage price below MSRP so my question is how do you know what the "invoice" is?
Eventually, the forum will post detailed info about pricing via the ordering guide, which lists FWP (Factory Wholesale Price), commonly referred to as "invoice", and MSRP.

This is the newest for the JL (though, the newest update doesn't include invoice, so click on the November one for reference): https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...4-door-jlu-order-guide-and-pricing-u-s.15026/

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
I will order mine from the factory. The main reason being that I want my name at the top of the sticker.
And, of course, to get every option you want and none you don't and probably the best possible price, as the Jeep dealers generally do the greatest below invoice pricing on factory orders. But, yeah, the name on the sticker is cool, too...
Is your Baja yellow? I love that car.

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
And, of course, to get every option you want and none you don't and probably the best possible price, as the Jeep dealers generally do the greatest below invoice pricing on factory orders. But, yeah, the name on the sticker is cool, too...
Is your Baja yellow? I love that car.
Well at least according to the configurator I couldn't get what I want regardless. So that part about getting what I want is something I never considered. However the below invoice pricing is interesting. I wonder why is that?

I would like a Sport (so I can have crank windows) with dark saddle leather interior, Cold Weather Group and Tow related options. No safety group packages and the Rubicon off road goodies (that part isn't that big of a deal either way).

OR

A Rubicon with dark saddle interior so I can get all those options plus off road goodies but with crank windows.

So yeah unless some magic is waved then I can't do that from the factory.

However no my Baja is silver. I don't see them around too often anymore particularly with a manual transmission.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Interesting conversation.

I bought my GC with a predetermined percentage price below MSRP so my question is how do you know what the "invoice" is?
Ask the dealer to see the invoice. Many will be resistant but it is as simple as this “I am doing a factory order, Dennis Dillion or Dealer X is doing Z% below invoice. I understand that they are a volume dealer and I would like to keep my business local, how close to Z% below can you get?” If there price works for you have them bring you the invoice and confirm its is the agreed apron price. If not tell them what you are willing to pay. If they can’t work with you call the next closest dealer.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Ask the dealer to see the invoice. Many will be resistant but it is as simple as this “I am doing a factory order, Dennis Dillion or Dealer X is doing Z% below invoice. I understand that they are a volume dealer and I would like to keep my business local, how close to Z% below can you get?” If there price works for you have them bring you the invoice and confirm its is the agreed apron price. If not tell them what you are willing to pay. If they can’t work with you call the next closest dealer.
Being a small business owner I am a firm believer in doing business locally whenever possible.

When I decided to get our third GC there was (is) a dealer in NOVA that was having a no nonsense discount below MSRP if you were a member of a certain Jeep forum. I went to our local dealer and asked them to meet the discount. They told me it was a ploy and that the actual price I would pay would be closer to what they would sell it to me for....

Long story short I bought the GC at Koons in NOVA and it took all of 45 minutes to complete the deal. They said they would have a similar program for the Gladiator and would let everyone know once details are made public about the pricing.

I will still give the local dealer a chance but I have no problem going for a drive...
Sponsored