Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor location

RandyM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I will also be using my new Gladiator for a “tow behind” on my Motorcoach. I currently pull my Wrangler with a Blue Ox setup. Blue Ox tells me that their base plate won’t fit on the Gladiator if the adaptive cruise sensor is in the way.
Does anyone know where the adaptive cruise sensor will be located?
Sponsored

OP
OP

RandyM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Steering wheel controls and camera is the rear view mirror on the 19 JL

CE3A5202-8CBB-47CA-A26D-0415EE7D42D7.jpeg

59CF1607-26BB-46AB-A262-A790DFA8D474.jpeg
Thanks for the photo of the controls but I am looking for the location of the sensor, the device that sends and receives the signal that shows an object in front of the vehicle.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Thanks for the photo of the controls but I am looking for the location of the sensor, the device that sends and receives the signal that shows an object in front of the vehicle.
jl_colllllllorado sent you what you are looking for, it is the second pic (with his hand in it).The sensors are between the rear view mirror and the windshield.

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I will also be using my new Gladiator for a “tow behind” on my Motorcoach. I currently pull my Wrangler with a Blue Ox setup. Blue Ox tells me that their base plate won’t fit on the Gladiator if the adaptive cruise sensor is in the way.
Does anyone know where the adaptive cruise sensor will be located?
Behind the rearview mirror.
By looking at pictures online it looks like that when the tow bar is folded up it will get in the way of the sensor.

CbtEngr8591

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubi
Looks like it will be up at the rear view mirror. Shouldn't be an issue with a newer tow base plate. Modern tow bars don't fold up like back in the day.

Location on the Grand Cherokee.

JT With Adaptive Cruise

JT Without Adaptive Cruise.

sensor.JPG

with ACC.jpg

Without ACC.jpg

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Here is a better picture of it in place. There is a removable cover that goes over the sensors when the windshield is folded down (pictured below) that I cannot seem to find the picture currently. In the picture below the cover is in place but is removed when the windshield is back up.

activesafetygroup.png
Sponsored