Sponsored

How to negotiate?

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I'd fly to Idaho in a heartbeat to get a good deal - AND I'd enjoy the drive back!
I have been in talks with my dealer to see if I could get something worked out for a group buy or set pricing on the Gladiator. They are not opposed to the idea but of course are not going to give me any numbers until pricing is released. I did get my wife's JLUR for around 5% under invoice so hoping we can get something worked out. I will let everyone know when I get more info.
Sponsored

Joihan777

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I have been in talks with my dealer to see if I could get something worked out for a group buy or set pricing on the Gladiator. They are not opposed to the idea but of course are not going to give me any numbers until pricing is released. I did get my wife's JLUR for around 5% under invoice so hoping we can get something worked out. I will let everyone know when I get more info.
Where,
Where is that dealership located?

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Honestly if you want the best price on a Gladiator call Kent at Peterson in ID, we are buying a JLUR from him and I talked to him about the Gladiator and he told me the Gladiator will be the same program as the JL, which is 13% roughly off MSRP and 8% below invoice.
Super super great guy to deal with too no b.s.
Kent's price beat all of my local dealers by 5-6k and it will be a great adventure going out to pick it up:fist bump:
I've tried calling this guy and emailing him.....multiple times....no answers!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
I would recommend patience with Kent. From what I see on JLWranglerforum, he's been on vacation and is inundated with JL orders. He's probably back-burnering the Gladiator requests at least until he gets concrete numbers anyway. From all accounts over there, he is extremely easy and straightforward to work with, and his price, even when factoring in required financing, is hard to beat.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Problem solved! Just buy cars from Idaho to get under invoice.
My dad bought a 2018 RAM 1500 for 17% under invoice when you include the incentives. It had a 54k invoice, no haggle price at 49k, incentives brought price to 45k.
My dad's dealer: Larry H Miller Dodge Ram Jeep in Boise Idaho.
Always wanted to visit Idaho.

KirkG

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 2017 F-150, 2019 JLUR
Keep at him he will answer! He is a busy guy I am hopefully heading out there next week to pick up our JLUR

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Yup....he contacted me......was pretty busy I guess. Says he has 65 people on his list ready to order!

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Virginia Beach
Koons Jeep in NOVA will be able to beat that price. They had a group buy earlier and I was bale to beat my local (Roanoke) dealer by about $5K.
They said they will roll out their group buy info once the pricing is officially announced.

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yup....he contacted me......was pretty busy I guess. Says he has 65 people on his list ready to order!
Make that 66........once I get Wifey to agree..........

Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Koons Jeep in NOVA will be able to beat that price. They had a group buy earlier and I was bale to beat my local (Roanoke) dealer by about $5K.
They said they will roll out their group buy info once the pricing is officially announced.
I will be interested in his price for sure if it's within $1k of my dealer price then I will most likely go to them since they are local. But hopefully I can save $5k will for sure take a quick flight up there to pick it up when I place my order.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
Definitely interested to know hat their group buy will be. I’ve know they have done a great job for group buys with the WK2 from my other forum I’m on.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Definitely interested to know hat their group buy will be. I’ve know they have done a great job for group buys with the WK2 from my other forum I’m on.
That's where I bought my WK2 from. They also have a program for the JL's as well.
We also bought two Fords from Koons as well. They seem to be more interested in volume than squeezing every last nickel from their clients and all the transactions were straightforward.

HotSpringsJL

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL bade sport
You just have to find the right dealership. Some dealerships rely on low volume high margins. It doesn’t matter what your negotiating skills are, you won’t get a good deal.

I just placed an order with Kim at Superior Jeep in Conway Arkansas. There was no negotiating. She offered me a great deal and I appreciated the upfront pricing. If you’re any where close to Arkansas I would call her.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I bought my Gladiator Rubicon through "True Car". I got approx. 5% off MSRP plus the Jeep $500 incentive. I thought that was a pretty good deal -- considering the market and the few rubicon stick shifts available.
Sponsored