• Total voters

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Because they are positioning it as a premium vehicle and will price accordingly - and because the bed is too short for a work truck.
True. Also true: ever seen some asshole still using a Datsun full of work materials?
Sponsored

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Because they are positioning it as a premium vehicle and will price accordingly - and because the bed is too short for a work truck.
I understand your point. But it's so frustrating because FCA/Jeep is so close to having the Gladiator be a premium vehicle AND have it also appeal to those of us who want a longer bed and shorter cab. I have heard ad nauseam about the "lifestyle" intent for a single configuration and all the engineering that goes into other bed formats and other cab formats. But one thing remains true - the biggest and most-costly decision has been made and paid for - the assembly line exists for a Jeep pickup truck and chassis and dedicated engineering for a Jeep truck is complete.This is a HUGE development and definite progress - I applaud Jeep/FCA for making this commitment. Now I encourage Jeep/FCA to build on this success and broaden the capability and appeal of this vehicle to offer an extended cab with a longer bed. Why concede these parts of the market to other manufacturers when your so close to having the base pickup truck to work from?

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Between the truck clusterf**k of Dakota, Gladiator and Ram there is no reason I would consider a Dakota. The Dakota will be too constrained to not step too many toes. It will inevitably but it is more like as few as possible.
Once again, I agree. The Dakota is just going to be some reworked Ranger or Colorado - big deal....

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
Once again, I agree. The Dakota is just going to be some reworked Ranger or Colorado - big deal....
thats the biggest selling segment over here

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, what ya know - the so-called "lifestyle needs" being met by an extended cab mid-size truck
2019-ford-ranger-dirt-bikes-payload-1024x637.jpg

Perhaps Jeep can get the point that they need more than a crew cab configuration for the Gladiator....

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Well, what ya know - the so-called "lifestyle needs" being met by an extended cab mid-size truck

Perhaps Jeep can get the point that they need more than a crew cab configuration for the Gladiator....
Maybe they will, but on another note the ranger just look horrible.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

I wonder how much that thing costs? Have to look it up. hey wait - LeLu Dallas Gladiator Multi pass tools just arrived!!!! Awesome

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Omg, can someone please nuke this thread?
The truth is there are many buyers out in the market who prefer an extended cab configuration (that's my preference) and others may even want a regular cab - it's really ok for us to have a platform to express that - please move on to another thread if you don't like what is said here...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Omg, can someone please nuke this thread?
Lol. So this week the gladiator brand guy does a 14:38 minute preview, then opens up for questions. In the next 90 seconds the following were asked: price, availability, what about a 2door.
Sponsored