Overland doesn't seem to bridge the gap between Sport S & Rubicon

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
While true, things like leather seats and factory 8.4 inch screen would be things I wouldn't look to the aftermarket for.
I disagree about the touch screen, the aftermark always offers better stereo options than factories ever have. If you go aftermarket with a stereo you can get one that runs android and put google maps and waze on it.
Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I disagree about the touch screen, the aftermark always offers better stereo options than factories ever have. If you go aftermarket with a stereo you can get one that runs android and put google maps and waze on it.
That is true but I wouldn't say its better I mean the 8.4 in my JLUR has all of that plus off-road pages etc.... you are not going to get all of that with a pioneer. The aftermarket is great if you can't get a screen in what you buy but I have had the Pioneer AVIC's in vehicle and I like the UConnect 8.4

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
That is true but I wouldn't say its better I mean the 8.4 in my JLUR has all of that plus off-road pages etc.... you are not going to get all of that with a pioneer. The aftermarket is great if you can't get a screen in what you buy but I have had the Pioneer AVIC's in vehicle and I like the UConnect 8.4
Plus it's set from the factory to control rear camera, front camera, heated seats and heated steering wheel automatically turn on with remote start, I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Plus it's set from the factory to control rear camera, front camera, heated seats and heated steering wheel automatically turn on with remote start, I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing.
I'm also not 18 anymore and I don't "need" better sound. Factory stuff these days sounds pretty good.

Although I did just think I've never owned a convertible before. I could see it harder to have. Great stereo in a jeep. Gotta take a ride in a jl to determine if stock is adequate

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
The roll bar overhead is also called the sound bar. Huge speaker 2" from your melon, which is plenty loud & clear.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The roll bar overhead is also called the sound bar. Huge speaker 2" from your melon, which is plenty loud & clear.
yeah should be good, but i've never ridden in a jk or jl, so don't know what the sound experience is. Should be decent as a lifestyle vehicle.

OP
OP

Oodaloop

First Name
Bora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I agree and disagree. Yea they do to some extent, usually the head unit has the least impact of any part of an aftermarket stereo system though. So I personally just prefer to have the factory fit & finish of the factory top of the line screen/headunit plus its exact integrations with the vehicle. Where an aftermarket looks very...aftermarket. Speakers & Amps is another story though.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
These factors make aftermarket head units impractical at times. My wife used to have a car which used the factory stereo to control the heat/AC. Impossible to do from an aftermarket unit.

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I go back in forth. But pretty confident my build will be the Overland. Add 2” Mopar lift and Rubicon AT take offs.

Have other plans as well but that should give me just what I need. Can’t wait.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I go back in forth. But pretty confident my build will be the Overland. Add 2” Mopar lift and Rubicon AT take offs.

Have other plans as well but that should give me just what I need. Can’t wait.
Very soon we are going to be talking build sheets!!! We can build six options. Awesome.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These factors make aftermarket head units impractical at times. My wife used to have a car which used the factory stereo to control the heat/AC. Impossible to do from an aftermarket unit.
Yeah. Now it didn't always use to be this way, but it is now i'm finding. One nice thing, is that for many people the upgraded alpine/bose/harmon kardon/whatever 12 speaker system upgrade in most factory cars today sounds amazing.

If you "require better sound", then your ears are far better than mine with the exception of bass. Havn't been in too many vehicles who's factory systems had great bass, decent but not great. That being said, i don't care that much about bass because i'm not 20 anymore. My years of 2 JL subs running off a bridged Orion HCCA 1200 Amp are long gone. Still have that amp though. =)

So for myself, the factory stereo will be more than enough. I still listen to the same CD for weeks at a time, lol.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Yeah. Now it didn't always use to be this way, but it is now i'm finding. One nice thing, is that for many people the upgraded alpine/bose/harmon kardon/whatever 12 speaker system upgrade in most factory cars today sounds amazing.

If you "require better sound", then your ears are far better than mine with the exception of bass. Havn't been in too many vehicles who's factory systems had great bass, decent but not great. That being said, i don't care that much about bass because i'm not 20 anymore. My years of 2 JL subs running off a bridged Orion HCCA 1200 Amp are long gone. Still have that amp though. =)

So for myself, the factory stereo will be more than enough. I still listen to the same CD for weeks at a time, lol.
I had 2 12 inch cerwin vega subs in my YJ in high school, everyone on my block knew when I came home. Now I listen to a lot of NPR, for some reason I just don’t think NPR needs any more base the the one alpine from the factory provides.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had 2 12 inch cerwin vega subs in my YJ in high school, everyone on my block new when I came home. Now I listen to a lot of NPR, for some reason I just don’t think NPR needs any more base the the one alpine from the factory provides.
Lol, cerwin vegas, always makes me think of this

Now that the party is jumping
With the bass kicked in, the Vega's are pumpin'
Quick to the point, to the point no faking
I'm cooking MC's like a pound of bacon
Burning them if they're not quick and nimble
I go crazy when I hear a cymbal
And a hi hat with a souped up tempo
I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
Rollin in my 5.0
With my ragtop down so my hair can blow

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had 2 12 inch cerwin vega subs in my YJ in high school, everyone on my block knew when I came home. Now I listen to a lot of NPR, for some reason I just don’t think NPR needs any more base the the one alpine from the factory provides.
The alpine stereo upgrade in the JT will have a sub? 8"?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
The alpine stereo upgrade in the JT will have a sub? 8"?
From the build and price:

The Alpine® Premium Audio System provides crisp, clear sound for an enhanced listening experience. This nine-speaker system includes a rear subwoofer and a 552-watt, 12-channel amplifier.

No mention of sub size. The sub goes behind the rear seats in the center position and is visible in the marketing photos.
Sponsored