Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
The more I see the black tops on different colored bodies the less I like it. I may end up getting the body color top on mine. I think it looks fine on the Wrangles but not sure about the Gladiator.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The more I see the black tops on different colored bodies the less I like it. I may end up getting the body color top on mine. I think it looks fine on the Wrangles but not sure about the Gladiator.
I agree. It works on Wranglers because where the black top ends the Jeep ends. On Gladiators you still have 5 more feet of colored Jeep after the black top and it just looks weird having colored hood/body, black top, colored bed.

Sponsored

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
Is the Gladiator built by union workers?

Last edited:

Roddy13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Very cool. Surprised to see a much less aggressive tire on some of the rubicons.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
Very cool. Surprised to see a much less aggressive tire on some of the rubicons.
There are 2 tires options. Apparently Rubi's in the pic come with the standard all terrains instead of the more aggressive mud tires which is now an option. This is seen in the build section of the Jeep Gladiator though not sure what the price difference is of course. Surprised the all terrains are even an option for the Rubi.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I agree. It works on Wranglers because where the black top ends the Jeep ends. On Gladiators you still have 5 more feet of colored Jeep after the black top and it just looks weird having colored hood/body, black top, colored bed.
The Tonneau cover helps with that issue.
Also besttop has a bed cap concept that helps.
Hey guys,

Here are some teaser concepts from one of our product designers. What do you think?

CassieAtBestop

View attachment 7051

View attachment 7052

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
Looks like those are both road show/dealer demo trucks. They don't offer the all black Rubicon wheels as an option. Probably pretesting for the MOAB special edition that should peek itself around summer 2019. Same thing they hinted at with the Hella Yella at the JL reveal last year.

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I'll respectfully disagree- MTs might be fine down south, but up here an AT option is much better for dealing with wet and snowy roads. We put the same Wildpeak AT's on our JKU-R (replacing some Duratracs) and I have no complaints. In anything but clay, they'll work totally fine.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Check
Sponsored