Hard top with rear window removed?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I frankly think they should have made a power roll down rear window. Should have been relatively easy to do. Certain there are some engineering challenges to it since the roof is removable. But this would really help to let a lot of air into the car when the top is on. I see lots of pick ups with roll down rear windows.
Sponsored

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
I frankly think they should have made a power roll down rear window. Should have been relatively easy to do. Certain there are some engineering challenges to it since the roof is removable. But this would really help to let a lot of air into the car when the top is on. I see lots of pick ups with roll down rear windows.
I agree with you. They could have did that for the hard and soft tops.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I would get a rag top version in a heartbeat if they have a rear glass window option. Someone from Jeep told me that they will have a glass rear window as an option for rag top versions. He had to put me on hold for about 10 minutes while he checked into it. Will have to see if that is true or not once dealers can finally order them and once prices are announced. I cross fingers.

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
This means your life is a lie? Haha!

Here's the pic I was looking for last night.

34596895_1863300420388968_2057529758463295488_o-jpg.jpg

Seems like plenty of room to have a roll down rear window.
I think you're on to something there, Billy

seguerski

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys, 2022 Jeep Compass
similar approach was done for the Chevy Avalanche and the Hummer H3T, although Avalanche also allowed for rear panel to be removed to make long bed...

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
similar approach was done for the Chevy Avalanche and the Hummer H3T, although Avalanche also allowed for rear panel to be removed to make long bed...
The original Gladiator concept (2005) allowed for the rear seats to fold and the back wall to push forward to create a longer bed.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Does anybody know if the hardtop can stay on with the rear window/panel removed? There are no such pictures. Why? I wonder what it would look like.

There are only 3 pictures in all the Jeep marketing material with the soft top ON, while doors and rear window OFF. For me it’s a more what I want to see than the opposite that is more common (top off and doors on).

How I like it:
DF0365C0-EAB7-43A9-9FA2-9387E4C58E2D.jpeg

What would the hardtop look like with the above configuration? Can the hardtop be configured that way? It should be, but no pictures.
1A72F64F-96E7-47BE-8887-3898B15C3807.jpeg

I wonder because I may consider throwing half doors on with a hardtop configuration.
LOOKING at photo #2 (rear view of hardtop) - just roll down the door windows, a lot cheaper than new 1/2 doors ! ?
I made the suggestion last week about JEEP should of / still can (perhaps for 2020 or an early-cycle refresh) make the REAR JT WINDOW removable - in a similar fashion to the JL rear side-windows quick-release removal ! Easy to do and a lot less expensive for THEM & US vs. electrifying it ! The convenience factor would be nice though - no need to find a place to store, etcetera ! I think I'd prefer the simpler approach IF jeep makes accommodations to provide a simple drop-it-behind the rear seat in a built in "slot" . ???

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Does anybody know if the hardtop can stay on with the rear window/panel removed? There are no such pictures. Why? I wonder what it would look like.

There are only 3 pictures in all the Jeep marketing material with the soft top ON, while doors and rear window OFF. For me it’s a more what I want to see than the opposite that is more common (top off and doors on).

How I like it:
DF0365C0-EAB7-43A9-9FA2-9387E4C58E2D.jpeg

What would the hardtop look like with the above configuration? Can the hardtop be configured that way? It should be, but no pictures.

I wonder because I may consider throwing half doors on with a hardtop configuration.
i thought its just a 3 piece, the 2 freedom panels and the back half of top and the rear part with glass.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i thought its just a 3 piece, the 2 freedom panels and the back half of top and the rear part with glass.
Steff . . . it is . . . very much like the JL / Freedom Panels and the "rest of the "roof" ! What your looking at are pic. #1 - Soft Top. Pic #2 Hard top .

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Lou - i thought the OP meant they wanted just the top on and not the back window like the soft-top in sunshade/safari mode.

To my knowledge, you can't have just the top of the hard top on.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lou - i thought the OP meant they wanted just the top on and not the back window like the soft-top in sunshade/safari mode.

To my knowledge, you can't have just the top of the hard top on.
I think (?) I follow . You mean the hardtop minus the rear window ? True nor the narrow sides of the hardtop that "hide" the role-cage . I've been suggesting a few times now, that Jeep should consider making the REAR WINDOW (glass portion) a removable item - much like the JL's side windows (hard top) - with the quick disconnect arms similar to the Freedom Panels arms ! Hope that clarifies .

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I'm good with removing the back of the roof and leaving on the top. Kind of like a safari top. Why couldn't you?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I'm good with removing the back of the roof and leaving on the top. Kind of like a safari top. Why couldn't you?
Because it’s attached, one piece

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Because it’s attached, one piece
Pardon my ignorance.need help. So you are saying either one of the front pieces, over driver and passenger, can be removed, leaving the back piece with the rear window. But the opposite, removing only the back piece with the window, isn't?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pardon my ignorance.need help. So you are saying either one of the front pieces, over driver and passenger, can be removed, leaving the back piece with the rear window. But the opposite, removing only the back piece with the window, isn't?
Correct, unless you are talking soft top, but the hard top is 3 pieces. The whole rear is “L” shaped and there are 2 pieces know as freedom panel, one over each of the front seats.
Sponsored