Sponsored

Pricing - New England Int Auto Show

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Will this become a saying? "At least its not Gary Sinise expensive! lol........im bored.

i'm recording every episode of the Barrett Jackson show. Has the gladiator been talked about at all? I'll have to search online i suppose.
I have watched a lot of the of the auction an haven't heard them say anything about the gladiator but they did auction off Serial number 1 of the new GT 500 mustang for charity for 1.1 million.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have watched a lot of the of the auction an haven't heard them say anything about the gladiator but they did auction off Serial number 1 of the new GT 500 mustang for charity for 1.1 million.
Dang, just out of my price range by $1,040,000

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
As for the Gladiator's price, they were obviously well-trained to say nothing other than "sign up and we will email you pricing as soon as it's available." But one did slip that "they expect it to be a MINIMUM $5000 premium OVER the comparable trimmed Unlimited and they would NOT be surprised if it was more than that initially.
I don't believe for a second that the people that Jeep hires to go to these shows know jack crap about pricing. I would bet if Jeep knew this person was telling people this load of $5,000 they would fire them.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'm buying a JT this year, sometime in the late Fall or winter when all the early adopters have paid a premium for the truck and sales fall flat. The trick is not to be desperate and in a hurry. The JT has to compete with other tucks, so the price will ultimately be similar.
I applaud your talk of patience, but how much could they really "come down" after the initial rush? From stupidly expense with a mark-up to just normally expensive? I suppose you mean dealers actually giving "deals" for them at some point. I think all the Gladiators on the cheap end and the expensive end will sell fast from the beginning and through the rest of the year regardless of price. Some middle tier one's may sit around if too expensive.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I applaud your talk of patience, but how much could they really "come down" after the initial rush? From stupidly expense with a mark-up to just normally expensive? I suppose you mean dealers actually giving "deals" for them at some point. I think all the Gladiators on the cheap end and the expensive end will sell fast from the beginning and through the rest of the year regardless of price. Some middle tier one's may sit around if too expensive.
I want gator green, so I'll wait and see how it all shakes out. Maybe by the time that color is available, it'll have "come down on price".

Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
That's way to low. They are gonna want more than $33,000.

ne4now

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD, Harley Custom Softail
I don't believe for a second that the people that Jeep hires to go to these shows know jack crap about pricing. I would bet if Jeep knew this person was telling people this load of $5,000 they would fire them.
They clearly said nothing has been announced officially and that you had to sign up for email updates. I am sure she was making assumptions but seemed pretty confident in it. in general, the people they had working around the jeeps seemed pretty well informed and actually were enthusiastic about the Jeeps compared to most "reps" working the show. I hope she was wrong, but the only thing official we have heard from Jeep is that the truck would be "expensive, intentionally so". Which makes me lean more towards her being right (at least somewhat) on this. I am just hoping $5k is the high premium and not the low.

ne4now

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD, Harley Custom Softail
Awesome! So it is as great looking as we all think? Really glad you provided all those details. So now for price. Does that sound like just astoundingly stupid high pricing? I hope they wake up. Thanks!
Yeah, it really was great looking in person.
I was nervous about the bed looking out of place but it does not at all.
I agree the pricing does seem "astoundingly stupid high" but people are buying the Wranglers.
The Unlimted Rubicon was loaded and had an MSRP over $50K on the sticker. If thats the case & the truck is more, It is totally conceivable that we could see a loaded out Gladiator touch $60k

Warbirds

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater trucks and fast motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I think a general 5K premium over an unlimited is pretty reasonable.

At the end if the day you either want a truck or you don’t.

If the bare bones base model starts at 33K the overland model probably hits 45-52K and the Rubicon mid to high 50’s which all sounds abouy right.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I think a general 5K premium over an unlimited is pretty reasonable.

At the end if the day you either want a truck or you don’t.

If the bare bones base model starts at 33K the overland model probably hits 45-52K and the Rubicon mid to high 50’s which all sounds abouy right.
I want the truck truck at the beginning of the day, middle and end, yup! Your pricing sounds good. And, if JT Sport is 33K it will be the most expensive base model EVER for Jeep, more than the Grand Cherokee. I don't see that part happening, so my guess is 29 for spprt..

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want the truck truck at the beginning of the day, middle and end, yup! Your pricing sounds good. And, if JT Sport is 33K it will be the most expensive base model EVER for Jeep, more than the Grand Cherokee. I don't see that part happening, so my guess is 29 for spprt..
$31,694 is my guess. That's $1 less thand Grand Cherokee.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Base JLU Sport is $31.5K

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

CbtEngr8591

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubi
funny how they give you the option of signing up for emails but by the time info comes out from an email that same info would've been on the net for weeks
Sponsored