2020 Gladiator Options Matrix

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Thanks. There were several posts from various members here about the big screen Alpine systems. I checked their website and also spoke to a local Alpine car stereo installer. They do make systems with larger screens but the only one with the built in CD player comes with a 6.1 inch screen. That screen size would be ok with me. I do plan to call Alpine directly tomorrow to make certain this installer gave me correct info. When going on to the Alpine site and checking for systems for Jeeps this one did not pop up. But when I searched by the model number that the installer gave me it then popped up. So I need to ask Alpine if there’s some other systems that I could not find that may have a larger screen.

Also plan to check into other stereo systems like Kenwood, Pioneer, etc,
Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Thanks. There were several posts from various members here about the big screen Alpine systems. I checked their website and also spoke to a local Alpine car stereo installer. They do make systems with larger screens but the only one with the built in CD player comes with a 6.1 inch screen. That screen size would be ok with me. I do plan to call Alpine directly tomorrow to make certain this installer gave me correct info. When going on to the Alpine site and checking for systems for Jeeps this one did not pop up. But when I searched by the model number that the installer gave me it then popped up. So I need to ask Alpine if there’s some other systems that I could not find that may have a larger screen.

Also plan to check into other stereo systems like Kenwood, Pioneer, etc,
Curious why you don't convert your CD's so you can have them on your phone (good back up as well and cheaper) also I'm not 100% on this but I would think that any of the aftermarket alpine's would have an AUX port at least on the back so you could buy a CD player (one that is like what RAM uses) and put it somewhere in the jeep maybe the console (also like RAM). That would be a lot more work where converting your CD's would take time but you would be able to play the 's music anywhere.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Someone mentioned the insane audio head unit. Looks to be around $1100 and shows to be out for the JK and soon to be JL. https://www.extremeterrain.com/insane-audio-navigation-head-unit-0718-jk.html I am sure installation costs would be several hundred more.

Personally for that price I'd do the 7" or 8.4" radio upgrade for a similar price. As it should be more weather resistant?

Man, that’s a LOT of money for what you get - it’s basically an MTCE PX5 with a matching surround. You can buy them for under $200 without the fancy trim, and I’ve seen them up to 6-700 for high end models for BMW, Audi, etc (AVIN and Eonon for example).

$1100 for a kinda buggy, kinda slow, kinda crappy android tablet with a barely adequate amp built in is really outrageous.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
It’s a shame that almost no one sells cars with CD players any more. I have lots of CD’s that are not found on ITunes.
If you’re comparing to iTunes, just put your CD in your computer and use iTunes to rip it to mp3 or AAC and out your CDs away. I can’t understand why anyone would want to deal with those fragile, space-taking, slow, 30 year old discs...

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Curious why you don't convert your CD's so you can have them on your phone (good back up as well and cheaper) also I'm not 100% on this but I would think that any of the aftermarket alpine's would have an AUX port at least on the back so you could buy a CD player (one that is like what RAM uses) and put it somewhere in the jeep maybe the console (also like RAM). That would be a lot more work where converting your CD's would take time but you would be able to play the 's music anywhere.
I've just been lazy to do this, also didn't own a vehicle with Bluetooth until 5 weeks ago. And don't like aux jacks.

So i've just lived with using my cds. Now since we have a vehicle with Bluetooth, maybe i'll learn how to best utilize my technology.

P.S. I worked in a cellphone store for 8 years, maybe i'm anti phone now, lol.

Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've just been lazy to do this, also didn't own a vehicle with Bluetooth until 5 weeks ago. And don't like aux jacks.

So i've just lived with using my cds. Now since we have a vehicle with Bluetooth, maybe i'll learn how to best utilize my technology.

P.S. I worked in a cellphone store for 8 years, maybe i'm anti phone now, lol.
Can understand being anti phone if you worked with them for sure. I will say that the 8.4" screen you can get is worth the extra money and the UCONNECT work really well in the new JL's. Maybe you can start converting your CD's now and by the time you finish the Gladiator will be out (good way to help pass the time since we have to wait until June).

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Can understand being anti phone if you worked with them for sure. I will say that the 8.4" screen you can get is worth the extra money and the UCONNECT work really well in the new JL's. Maybe you can start converting your CD's now and by the time you finish the Gladiator will be out (good way to help pass the time since we have to wait until June).
Whats the best free app to rip cds? I just used Winamp before, however that was like 15 years ago.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Ok folks please let me explain my logic. To me it comes down to huge money savings. We don’t know what the truck prices will be for each model trim level. But just take a look at what the MSRP is now for the current Wrangler. It’s got 5 trim levels: Sport, Sport S, Sahara, Rubicon and Moab. To get a stereo system that includes navigation you have to get a Rubicon model($10,000.00 more than a base Sport model.) And then you must pay an extra $1600.00 for the stereo system with the navigation built in. That’s a whopping total of $11,600.00 more than a base Sport model.

Will have to see how they price out each trim level. But if it follows the lines of the current Wrangler then I may just get a base Sport model and pay about $900.00 installed for an aftermarket stereo system with navigation and CD player built in. Just looked at some aftermarket stereo systems today. Alpine and Kenwood have some interesting systems reasonably priced.

I really don’t care about the power windows, mirrors and locks, just something that may break.

And yes I could get a less expensive system that would use the navigation from my cell phone, may end up doing that. For certain I am not going to pay almost $12,000.00 extra for this.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whats the best free app to rip cds? I just used Winamp before, however that was like 15 years ago.
I haven't ripped a cd in years either, but I have heard that exact audio copy is good and its free. I guess its a little hard to setup but once it's setup suppose to be one of the best.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on you have to get a Rubicon model($10,000.00 more than a base Sport model.) And then you must pay an extra $1600.00 for the stereo system with the navigation built in. That’s a whopping total of $11,600.00 more than a base Sport model.
Doesn't overland come with the 8.4" on the jeep gladiator build/price tool?

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
7A20D5A3-D420-4642-BC24-9DA33761E018.jpeg
Overland comes standard with a stereo system that has a 7 inch screen but does not have navigation. To get the navigation you have to pay for the optional stereo system that has the 8.4 inch screen. See the attached screen shot.

This is really navigation sticker shock for a Wrangler where you have to pay almost $12,000 more than a base Sport version just to finally be able to get navigation.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I stand corrected. Just noticed that on a Wrangler Sahara it does come with a standard navigation system. Price difference between the Rubicon with the 8.4 inch navigation system and the Sahara is $3150 less money. It’s still $8450.00 more money for a base Sport just to get navigation. Sorry for the mix up.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To get a stereo system that includes navigation you have to get a Rubicon model($10,000.00 more than a base Sport model.) And then you must pay an extra $1600.00 for the stereo system with the navigation built in. That’s a whopping total of $11,600.00 more than a base Sport model.
Sorry I meant you can get the Nav and 8.4" display on the overland, or the rubicon. The option is available in each.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
You are correct. But it’s still would cost more than $8,000.00 than a base Sport. So I would get a base Sport and pay $900.00 installed for an aftermarket system.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Somebody posted in another thread about an alpine deck thats huge, plays cds and has many of the uconnect features.
Same here except I'm wondering if you get the house plug option can you just plug in a CD player somehow wired to speakers? Wouldnt that be cheapest, nothing connected to the truck except the power cord & speakers?
Sponsored