Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey guys!

We have confirmed it, the Sunrider for Hardtop for JL WILL fit the Gladiator!

Check out our rendering below.

TODAY is the LAST day to save $200 on the Sunrider for Hardtop incase you wanna get ahead of the game :)
https://www.bestop.com/sunrider

CassieAtBestop

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.54.10 AM.png
Sponsored

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Looks great and what a rendering! Big bonus having a lot of JL parts work for the JT

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Thanks Cassie and welcome to the forum, that's a great rendering.

Anything else you can let us know that could be in the works to move over from the JL to the JT or other possibilities?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
There are some items, I just can't talk about them yet! As soon as i get the "okay" to leak some info you guys will hear it first!

CassieAtBestop

Thanks Cassie and welcome to the forum, that's a great rendering.

Anything else you can let us know that could be in the works to move over from the JL to the JT or other possibilities?

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Hey guys!

TODAY is the LAST day to save $200 on the Sunrider for Hardtop incase you wanna get ahead of the game :)

CassieAtBestop

And why wouldn't it - from the b-pillar forward, the "body" is IDENTICAL to the JL ! Good to hear though, cause now either way I go - JL or JT - the Sunrider gonna work !

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I can’t help but wonder how much extra it might cost to get a Gladiator with a hard top versus a standard rag top. I know that the Sunrider front opening top will cost about $700.00 Anyone care to take a stab at how much extra the hard top could possibly cost? It would be a slightly smaller hard top versus the current Wrangler hard top since it would not go over the current trunk area. And it would have a sliding rear window versus the current pop open rear window. Wild guesses to the extra hard top cost are welcome.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I can’t help but wonder how much extra it might cost to get a Gladiator with a hard top versus a standard rag top. I know that the Sunrider front opening top will cost about $700.00 Anyone care to take a stab at how much extra the hard top could possibly cost? It would be a slightly smaller hard top versus the current Wrangler hard top since it would not go over the current trunk area. And it would have a sliding rear window versus the current pop open rear window. Wild guesses to the extra hard top cost are welcome.
My guesses are below I'm thinking they subtract $200 and that's the price, however they could keep the same price or add $200.00. I think I'm just as anxious about what the price is going to be as I was to the debut on the 28th.

Black freedom 3piece Hardtop $995.00
Body Color Freedom 3 piece Hardtop: $1995.00

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Black would work for me and then add the Sunrider. Fifty million dollar question though is what each model would cost? And what will be the difference between a Sport and a Sport S? Hmmm!!!

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
This will be on my list of first purchases for the hardtop. I have seen it in person on Wrangler's and it is a great addition. Thank you for sharing Cassie!

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Hey guys!

CassieAtBestop

Thank you for the "like" Bestop.com, on my previous insight, but, don't let that "go to your head" !
Delayed reply part 2 -- After great thought processes, on my part :clap:, I have not 1, but 2 new (to me) suggestions for New Product (JL) ! Ready ? They will be useful in countless ways while off-road Camping - desert, beach, forest . . . !
They involve Annoyingly-Aggravating Biting, blood-sucking "critters" with or without wings ! ! ! You know them as "No-See-Ums, and oh yea, See-Ums too ! :whew:, that took a while to get out ! Next, We, the Public at large, are crying out for an
'INSECTRIDER' - that's right, the same cool, tight fitting, well designed and engineered (to LAST), but with SCREENING !
THEN, item 2, as promised, heavy duty No-See-Um screening WITH "Dog-Proof" wire-mess (like you see on some of the Truck Cap slider-windows ! THESE would be a Switch-out Replacement for the 2 Removable SIDE Windows -- Screening instead of Plastic windows ! A combination use of both these items while driving (off road under say 35 mph?) would create great air flow in the cabin while keeping out the unwanted flying critters during those times we pull over to gawk at the amazing views ! It may also (not sure) reduce some of the dust from the vehicle ahead IF driving too close (dummy) ! ?
Well, there you go -- take it up with the "high command" -- I do require a small reimbursement (bribe?) when you go ahead and start production . . . perhaps a set of Trial Run / Pre-production test parts ? ? ? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: . . . :clap:.

Wow, look at the Great response, already . . . SHOULD THIS BE A SEPARATE POST or Let's SEE a Great response of "LIKES" so Bestop.com can see this needs to be done . . . . . You are quite welcome :like: . ps; The window item is in reference to the JL, but if the JT has removable windows then also for the JT . I won't reduce this post over at the sister sight (JL); cause I'm just to lazy !

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve installed it on my 2018 JLR and can say it’s a great upgrade. Being able to flip the top off at a stop light is awesome. The fit and function work great. Customer service is also top notch.

Krash1642

First Name
C. Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7 (Bessie), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Bright White (DJ), 2016 Jeep JK Willy’s (traded for wife to get Ford Focus due to work), 2018 JLU Sahara (Wife’s traded for JT)
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys!

CassieAtBestop

I was super excited way back when you confirmed this would indeed fit the Gladiator... all of my Jeep have always had soft tops, I’ve also only owned 2 doors. My latest being a 2 door JK, I really liked the ease convenience of the flip top part being able to be opened or shut from the seat. I’ve always been a soft top don whenever possible type person, but now I more than not have my dog with me and his nose gets burnt easy, we put sunscreen on his nose in the Jeep and at the beach, lol. This feature was super awesome for him as he could still be covered in the back and we still have open air. My wife has a JLU soft top, it’s awesome that you can have all passengers enjoy the sun with the sunrider portion open, but not good for our dog. Was thinking for the JT we would go hard top with sunrider for hard top, then I got to thinking of the cool options that y’all have produced such as the trek top pro for the JKU’s and I’m sure soon the JLU’s.. will there be any option similar to that for the JT? A soft top, with the front flip top part, and maybe a larger sliding rear window option that could be removed easily like the trek top pro? Sorry for such a long post... thanks for any info available and for making cool useful products!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Thank you! Just added this to my list. I'd be a buyer of a two layer with a screen and top.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey!

Honestly we have not thought that far ahead, we can't even get our hands on a JT yet - just like all of you :)

We do know the Sunrider will fit, and a few other applications will transfer over from the JLU but that is really all we know until our engineers can get their hands on one and start designing.

Sorry this isn't much help!

CassieAtBesotp

I was super excited way back when you confirmed this would indeed fit the Gladiator... all of my Jeep have always had soft tops, I’ve also only owned 2 doors. My latest being a 2 door JK, I really liked the ease convenience of the flip top part being able to be opened or shut from the seat. I’ve always been a soft top don whenever possible type person, but now I more than not have my dog with me and his nose gets burnt easy, we put sunscreen on his nose in the Jeep and at the beach, lol. This feature was super awesome for him as he could still be covered in the back and we still have open air. My wife has a JLU soft top, it’s awesome that you can have all passengers enjoy the sun with the sunrider portion open, but not good for our dog. Was thinking for the JT we would go hard top with sunrider for hard top, then I got to thinking of the cool options that y’all have produced such as the trek top pro for the JKU’s and I’m sure soon the JLU’s.. will there be any option similar to that for the JT? A soft top, with the front flip top part, and maybe a larger sliding rear window option that could be removed easily like the trek top pro? Sorry for such a long post... thanks for any info available and for making cool useful products!
Sponsored