Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Combining the off-roading abilities of a Jeep with the rugged versatility of a pickup truck, this vehicle will haul kayaks, mountain bikes, sporting equipment — you name it.

So a Jl wont haul a Kayak, or a mountain bike? Now wonder why I keep my JK.:devil::punch:
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I call bull spit. If they wanted expensive they would be no Sport or Sport S. This is not that nice of a truck for smart folks to pay $40,000 for a base sport. There is no market there.

Stop listening to sales reps. Stop listening to the person they hired to go to the auto shows. Stop listening to so off the wall article in a magazine. There is no market for a $40,000 JT with no basic options.

Start listening to what your common sense says. If it says sure thing dude a $40,000 JT sport sounds about right seek help.
Yup . . . what he said . Common Sense seems to be a "thing" of the past of late ! Can't explain it ? People just seem to of gotten a bit in a tizzy . . . of late ? I've Priced a JLU Sport S with Most of the boxes checked, including the upgrade wheels and IT comes in msrp at just under $45K ! That I can live with, well once the dickering is done ! The same build or near enough to it (assuming, and hope I don't make an ass of myself!) as a JT Sport S I suspect should come in about an msrp of $50K ! After all, the JT is not just a stretched JLU with a box on the end - the Frame is New (more Truck like). THAT to me would be Reasonable ! If it turns out to become closer to $55K, then NO, it's time for me to once again get disgusted with FCA's antics (greed) and move on ! On to what I don't know . . . for its not just FCA . . . they are ALL up to the same Greedy Antics ! It's gotten to the point where a "middle class working family" can only afford a small - midsize USED Car . The once Joy of saving up for a "new vehicle" is a Dream many have trouble dreaming about !
Apparently there are enough "regular folk" willing to get "In Hock" over their heads for some "status" thing ? Or . . . ? Tired of racking-my-brain about Jeeps / Rams Build & Price Sheets, over and over and over . . . endlessly anticipating the day . . . a day that just keeps getting postponed/adjusted based on what I read (mostly here) and wondering if they will ever get "issues" fixed (for good). Am I whining ? OK, I probably am, sorry . . . felt good though . . . you know, to vent a little, let out some of the steam . . . so I don't explode ! :CWL: ? :whew:, I feel better. ;) .

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
$40,000 for a base model? I can buy a RAM fully loaded with a Hemi for $40,000.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
With all of this talk that the JT is its own vehicle and FCA thinks its the next G-wagon and justified to charge $68,000 for the rubicon......

Why do they say, "The most off-road capable midsize truck ever"? They're comparing their truck to the rest of the midsize market. They can't say, "The most outrageously priced midsize truck ever".
IF it ended up there, that would be ludicrous, same as a RAM Laramie/Limited and 50 other better equipped vehicles

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I just got an email from a local Jeep dealer that I have been working with. His GM just got back from a meeting with FCA. He advised that ordering starts in March. Production starts in April. Trucks to start rolling into dealerships in late May. And starting price for base Sport models to be at $40,000.00 again for a base model Sport model truck, not even a Sport S. He was not given any indication as to what other higher end trucks would start with. But this alone makes it about $7,000.00 more expensive than a normal 4 door Wrangler.

They said from the start that they would make it intentionally expensive and it looks like that may be the case. They may have just lost my business. Will have to sit back and see if this pricing turns out to be true or not.
If this is true, it's exactly what I've been saying all along. NO WAY the JT hits the lots in spring 2019. And, the $39,995 Sport model is exactly what I was figuring on. Which puts a Sport S with a few decent options at $45K easily.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I call bull spit. If they wanted expensive they would be no Sport or Sport S. This is not that nice of a truck for smart folks to pay $40,000 for a base sport. There is no market there.

Stop listening to sales reps. Stop listening to the person they hired to go to the auto shows. Stop listening to so off the wall article in a magazine. There is no market for a $40,000 JT with no basic options.

Start listening to what your common sense says. If it says sure thing dude a $40,000 JT sport sounds about right seek help.
What about Mike Manley? Can we listen to him? Because he said in an interview that this truck is "going to be expensive purposefully".

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
If this is true, it's exactly what I've been saying all along. NO WAY the JT hits the lots in spring 2019. And, the $39,995 Sport model is exactly what I was figuring on. Which puts a Sport S with a few decent options at $45K easily.
If thats the case I'm 100% out. That would put a Diesel Rubicon easily in the 60s even with the 5% below invoice dealerships (assuming they are still going to allow it on the JT). For that money, I would rather have a Ford Raptor. I don't really want the Raptor's size but for Overlanding that large bed is a plus, so is the motor for long distance driving as well as the LT suspension.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
So the OP should take the time to redact the info that he received so that he can post that info he heard from a email that he does not back but just wants to report ?

Why are you in constant contact with a owner of a dealership and not giving us redacted information to help us all?
UMMMMMM what part of there has been no pricing released is not reporting? I will repeat again for those that missed it..No pricing information on Jeep Gladiator has been released to anyone.

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
I’ll believe it when I see it in the website.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I agree but I don't know that I would release the name at this time myself.

If it was released do you think everyone would wait till the facts came out to react, or do you think they would get calls complaining before anyone even knows the truth.

Lets not turn them into some Kentucky kids in MAGA hats.
Okay we wait until Feb 1st. Then all bets off!

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
$40,000 for a base model? I can buy a RAM fully loaded with a Hemi for $40,000.
What fully loaded trim Ram 1500 are you buying. Because a loaded Ram 1500 Limited stickers at right at $68K, now I know no one pays' sticker but it's still no where near $40K.

Karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
From Boston.com

A well-equipped Toyota Tacoma with a V6 engine, quad cab, and four-wheel drive costs upwards of $40,000. Considering the standard four-wheel drive and V6, and then throw in the removable roof, removable doors, and lowerable windshield, and it’s not unreasonable for a Gladiator to start around $45,000 to more than $60,000 for a Gladiator Rubicon.

https://www.boston.com/cars/car-guides/2019/01/28/2020-jeep-gladiator

Last edited: