Truck Cap

docb125

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
So, my plan is to wait for the Diesel and hopefully a cap will come out. Does anyone know if anyone is working on one.
I'm going to use Limo A/C to cool the back but would be awesome if someone like leer or along that lines was working on something.
Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
So, my plan is to wait for the Diesel and hopefully a cap will come out. Does anyone know if anyone is working on one.
I'm going to use Limo A/C to cool the back but would be awesome if someone like leer or along that lines was working on something.
I doubt anyone is working on anything as the Gladiator hasn't been released yet but I imagine within the next year we will see toppers available in a host of different configurations. Interested to hear the ideas for the rear AC setup.

OP
OP

docb125

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
My pops used Limo A/C in his Chevy truck for the dogs.
We just had to tee in the A/C hoses with the existing system and charge it up. Wish I had pics of the old set-up it was late 90s. I would assume the compressor that is going to come stock will have to be upgraded too. This is kinda what I'm looking at installing
It's all for the dogs tho.

http://acmeairparts.com/acunitsheaters.html

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Funny I was just imagining this yesterday and so bookmarked my 3 favorite Cap/Tonneau makers - A.R.E. / SnugTop / Leer .
I had an A.R.E. on my 2003 Dodge 1500 for 13 years with only 1 issue - small paint chipping on one rear corner . Heck even the bug screens stayed firm and tear free ! One opinion I'd like to share, regarding when (not if) these guys do get their hands on a JT, is to make Tonneau's that are NOT Slim Line . Due to the shallowness of the Bed (17.5" ?) a TALLER Tonneau would add sufficient height so that a 12 volt refer with slide mechanism would be accommodated !
Another "Jeep Wish List" item for the JT (and perhaps the JL) is to make the Rear Window on the hardtop REMOVABLE as it is for the JL side windows ! THAT would be way cool AND beneficial for air flow ( being mindful of CO2 emissions !).