Front Bumper replacement ?

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I'm planning on putting a winch on my truck as soon as I get it. By the time you pay for the steel front bumper on the Rubicon and but a winch plate that works with it, it would be just as pricey as buying an aftermarket to start with. What do you plan on doing? Aftermarket ohhr add winch to steel rubi bumper?
Sponsored

Mr_baker4420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm planning on putting a winch on my truck as soon as I get it. By the time you pay for the steel front bumper on the Rubicon and but a winch plate that works with it, it would be just as pricey as buying an aftermarket to start with. What do you plan on doing? Aftermarket ohhr add winch to steel rubi bumper?
Definitely going with the new aev bumper if it's compatible.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Definitely going with the new aev bumper if it's compatible.
Front AEV bumper should fit no problems I don't know about the rear bumper. The rear bumper on the rubicon is steel, my plan is get the regular front bumper and upgrade to the AEV front bumper. I will run the steel rear bumper until AEV has one that will work.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Same plans. Aev front bumper.

But ifbthe Mopar steel bumper upgrade is cheap I might get it then sell it.

Sponsored

sshakinbacon

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2x 2018 JL Wrangler Rubicons, 5 JK variants.
Jace here from Expedition One.

We are making one. As soon as we take delivery of our Gladiator it will be in prototype. We will be offering front and rear options. Front WILL be winch compatible.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]

Jace Randolph

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I'd be happy to demo one for you!!!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Curiosity question - someone listed a bunch of upgrades needed... Winch plate & cord type, etc.

What function does each serve if I want to go solo and know I can get out of a hole?

I remember on an old CJ the concerns were not tearing stuff off or bending the vehicle during extraction.

That and making sure that the tree or rock doesn't fall and roll into you or the vehicle.

That and always having a winch point in view and within reach as you navigate.

Recently I saw a video where the guy prepped his winch prior to entering the hole by having some line and the hook let out a few feet and piling it high and lightly securing it.

Details? Thank you in advance.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Just sticking with the steel Rubi. I think it looks better than any current (JL) aftermarket options. Those upcoming AEV front and rear bumpers do look good though.

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
AEV one looks good stubby. Hadn't seen that one before.

My current favorite is the Smittybilt XRC. https://www.smittybilt.com/JL_XRC_Bumpers

Ticks off my boxes... stubby, winch sits low, D ring and jack points, protective bars are low but substantial, light mount tabs, and provisions for OEM fogs. Not crazy pricey either which is cool.

Puda32

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Jace here from Expedition One.

We are making one. As soon as we take delivery of our Gladiator it will be in prototype. We will be offering front and rear options. Front WILL be winch compatible.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]

Jace Randolph
Jace, are the front or the rear bumpers available yet? I didn't see them on the website, in particular I'm interested in the rear.

Darylrey

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JK Sport, 2020 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
Occupation
Health Physicist and Radiation Protection Supervisor
I really like the stinger/grilleguard combo along with the low winch mount on the GenRight stuff but would really prefer a mid-width over a stubby, for both aesthetics and color-match fender protection. For me, it would require powder coating. And in an idea world, it would have two simple wings up top to protect the fenders. Essentially I am looking for a deer battering ram to protect my investment.
https://genright.com/products/jeep-jl-stinger-grill-guard-front-bumper-aluminum.html.
Sponsored