First look at Saddle interior in a Rubicon

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Yep. To be clear for those interested, and I'm basing this through endlessly flipping through the configurator, and this applies only to the Rubicon of course...

Dark Saddle causes grey dash and white stitching on all interior items on all exterior colors.

Hydro Blue, Punk'n, Gator, and Gobi exterior cause grey dash and red stitching on Black seats, steering wheel, shifters, console, hand brake, and door trim.

All other exterior colors cause red dash and red stitching on Black seats, steering wheel, shifters, console, hand brake, and door trim.
I've been doing the same thing. I'm actually kinda bummed the Gobi doesn't get the red dash. I think it would look great on a neutral color like that. I really wanted saddle, but not if it's this light tan color. I like the dark brown in the configurator.

Surprised nobody else got super excited by the music. Makes me want to go down to the local dealer and buy one today! :sun:
Coldplay doesn't excite me much lol
Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I've been doing the same thing. I'm actually kinda bummed the Gobi doesn't get the red dash. I think it would look great on a neutral color like that. I really wanted saddle, but not if it's this light tan color. I like the dark brown in the configurator.

Coldplay doesn't excite me much lol
These are dark saddles...

leathercompdarkoil.jpg

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Hydro Blue, Punk'n, Gator, and Gobi exterior cause grey dash and red stitching on Black seats, steering wheel, shifters, console, hand brake, and door trim.
But there’s an exception: the orange Rubicon (Punk’n if I’m right) that was on scene at launch. The dashboard was red. Probably not a stylist/mode/designer idea or suggestion however!

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The Gobi one at car shows has a red dash as well.
Good catch. I'd forgotten about that one and the launch Punk'n.

So there's still some consternation there... and hope for your red dash Gobi! If it's a pre-production one off, you're going to have to hunt it down!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yep. To be clear for those interested, and I'm basing this through endlessly flipping through the configurator, and this applies only to the Rubicon of course...

Dark Saddle causes grey dash and white stitching on all interior items on all exterior colors.

All other exterior colors cause red dash and red stitching on Black seats, steering wheel, shifters, console, hand brake, and door trim.

So far, all show and press photo examples have followed those rules.

I've been watching scheming planning etc. because what I really want is a Sahara interior in a Rubicon when it comes right down to it. Not because I think it's fancier, I'm just not a fan of the red dash and stitching, so I've been trying to find a way to get around it without a huge expense or hassle. I thought Gator exterior with Dark Saddle interior was my ticket, but I'm still unsure of the Gator exterior as everyone is and seeing how light the Dark Saddle seats are, I'm pretty put off by that.

They already make all the bits I like... you just can't choose them together. I'll settle on something, it won't put me off the Gladiator, it's just a little frustrating.
can i add this to the options matrix i created?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

So far, all show and press photo examples have followed those rules.

I've been watching scheming planning etc. because what I really want is a Sahara interior in a Rubicon when it comes right down to it. Not because I think it's fancier, I'm just not a fan of the red dash and stitching, so I've been trying to find a way to get around it without a huge expense or hassle. I thought Gator exterior with Dark Saddle interior was my ticket, but I'm still unsure of the Gator exterior as everyone is and seeing how light the Dark Saddle seats are, I'm pretty put off by that.

They already make all the bits I like... you just can't choose them together. I'll settle on something, it won't put me off the Gladiator, it's just a little frustrating.
i could live with the red stitching. I'm assuming you could buy a different dash panel. Hopefully doesn't have to be the whole dash.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
i could live with the red stitching. I'm assuming you could buy a different dash panel. Hopefully doesn't have to be the whole dash.
Yeah. The red Rubicon ones are just under $300. I'm assuming the silver is the same. I haven't looked up the price on the Sahara leather ones but I know they're for sale.

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Yeah. The red Rubicon ones are just under $300. I'm assuming the silver is the same. I haven't looked up the price on the Sahara leather ones but I know they're for sale.
Yep, we can get things how we want them. Just a matter of how much it hurts with money and trouble.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely. Hope it helps... and please double check me!
Thanks man! i put it up there, i'll double check your findings when i get some time.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't jeep have a dark saddle interior in the JK? Why would they go from a dark, dark saddle, to a lighter almost tan, dark saddle?

So much that i like about this jeep, i just hope they didn't screw up saddle and gator.

I love everything about my $60,000 Galadiator, except the the price and color of the interior AND exterior.....lol

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)