Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Gladiator will barely fit in the standard residential car garage where I live, assuming you don't have anything stored away in the garage.

Most garages are around 20 feet deep. Gladiator is 18.5 feet long. That gives you just enough wiggle room to park against the wall and then walk around the truck to enter the house. Gonna' be close....

I'd kind of have preferred dimensions a little closer to the Ranger and Colorado.
Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Anybody even remotely concerned with the added length of the Gladiator compared to the JL? I’m not liking 220”, but maybe in person it’s not as long as I’m imagining. Is it a boat in person?
I’m just glad it’s not wide. Coming from an F-250, it’s not the length - it’s the girth... at least in a parking lot. Wait, what were you thinking?

Why is everyone smirking?

OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
Gladiator will barely fit in the standard residential car garage where I live, assuming you don't have anything stored away in the garage.

Most garages are around 20 feet deep. Gladiator is 18.5 feet long. That gives you just enough wiggle room to park against the wall and then walk around the truck to enter the house. Gonna' be close....

I'd kind of have preferred dimensions a little closer to the Ranger and Colorado.
That was my hope, but maybe it won’t be that bad. Ranger is the perfect length IMO.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I’m just glad it’s not wide. Coming from an F-250, it’s not the length - it’s the girth... at least in a parking lot. Wait, what were you thinking?

Why is everyone smirking?
Nothing like a tight garage.

giphy.gif

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Anything has got to be better than a F-350 crew cab long bed. I will be able to park the JT anywhere like a champion!

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Anything has got to be better than a F-350 crew cab long bed. I will be able to park the JT anywhere like a champion!
I test drove a long bed when I was shopping for my superduty, and man - that extra 18-19 inches is a LOT! You think going in to it that a crew cab SD is already so big it won’t make much difference, but...

Centexan

First Name
Coleburn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 2500
I drove a Ram Mega cab for a while, and it was a beast. The Gladiator is 9 inches shorter and has a 3 inch shorter wheelbase than my Ram 2500 Quad cab short bed. I am excited about the smaller dimensions.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
As long as it carries plywood, I'm good with it! Anyway, it not the JT, I was thinking Taco or F150 4-door long bed, so length is ok with me.
I’m just happy someone else referenced plywood in this thread. It keeps me from having to awkwardly insert it myself.

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
It keeps me from having to awkwardly insert it myself.
With the direction some of the posts in this thread have been headed.... you may want tho rephrase that!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
As for awkward insertions, I'd like to snatch me some thread here. Thanks Starrs. In addition, we got an ass problem. It's not 100% turning a jeep. It is 100% trail riding in a pickup.

it is not just the turning radius, which is not the expected immediate uturn, but also that ass is gonna swing round for Jeepers used to no ass.

Not in town unless she is icy.

But when you get out her out in the wild its gonna turn a bit slower, lumber a lot more, and if she breaks her ass loose its gonna swing round.

Of course this is total assumption. Thanks.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I’m just happy someone else referenced plywood in this thread. It keeps me from having to awkwardly insert it myself.
Lol.

On this forum it's plywood. On the JL forum it's tire pressure. People over there think lowering your tire pressure 4 PSI is the cure for death wobble, steering calibration issues, soft top water leaks, climate change, various forms of cancer, and the unemployment rate. :LOL:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Lol.

On this forum it's plywood. On the JL forum it's tire pressure. People over there think lowering your tire pressure 4 PSI is the cure for death wobble, steering calibration issues, soft top water leaks, climate change, various forms of cancer, and the unemployment rate. :LOL:
Wonder how you lower the air pressure used to make plywood. That might cure cancer, or increase it. There's a definite maybe that they're correlated.
Sponsored