First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
One of the Gladiators has the speaker option ( thou it was removed) and the other didn’t have it. The one with out it is just an empty cubby shaped as the speaker only difference IIRC was that it didn’t have the connector for the speaker to plug into. I’ll take some pictures when I go again

Sooooo.... if you dont have the speaker of the woofer, would the whole back area be netted storage?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Not sure if you’ve been in a JK Rubicon but the cloth seems to be the same quality as the premium cloth in the Rubicon. And this was in the Overland Gladiator. I’m assuming the Sport models will have a lower quality cloth seat. One bug plus is the seats are very comfortable compared to the older JK.

As for the wind, rain, sun, dog hair I’ll tell you what I know from my experience. My cloth seats in my JK Rubicon were great, they didn’t get hot in the sun and they would get rained on and soaked and would be fine. BUT, dust and dirt was a pita to get out of the black cloth, they held dirt and dust easily, and is the reason I’m going leather for my Gladiator. I had no experience with dog hair in my jeep, but leather would be way easier to clean for dog hair as opposed to cloth.

I’ll take pictures of each though so you can make informed choices.

If you can, please describe or compare the "cloth". Rain, wind, sun, dog hair, is this best ever quality? Etc. Thanks!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have a kinda weird request if you're still planning on going back. If you went today, then... d'oh.

I was wondering how much space is behind the 40 split rear seat, both when it's up and down.

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-interior-detail-13.jpg

(click to embiggen)

Over there on the right where the storage net is. Do you think an ARB twin compressor would fit back there?

And yes, I'm getting ahead of myself.
do you hard wire that or do you plug it into a 12 volt outlet?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
No problem man. Haven’t gone back yet but I’ll take a picture, if I recall correctly there is a fair amount of room lower down behind the seat. The upper portion comes to latch at the top
Awesome, thanks! One more thing, if you don't mind. Could you check how easy it is to pull the carpet out? Wondering if it just pulls out like everything but a JK. It snaps out on the JL, so I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that it's the same.

One of the Gladiators has the speaker option ( thou it was removed) and the other didn’t have it. The one with out it is just an empty cubby shaped as the speaker only difference IIRC was that it didn’t have the connector for the speaker to plug into. I’ll take some pictures when I go again
That's interesting that it would have the cubby without the power. I would've thought it'd be empty space. And if it had the cubby, then it would have power, just to gently persuade people to buy the speaker.

Hardwire it.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I have a kinda weird request if you're still planning on going back. If you went today, then... d'oh.

I was wondering how much space is behind the 40 split rear seat, both when it's up and down.

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-interior-detail-13.jpg

(click to embiggen)

Over there on the right where the storage net is. Do you think an ARB twin compressor would fit back there?

And yes, I'm getting ahead of myself.
Good question... and getting ahead of ourselves is what all this is about. It's fun. And truthfully, I don't think of it as getting ahead of myself...

It's cold, calculated, detailed pre-planning and decision making so that when the time comes you simply execute. Fail to plan, plan to fail.

So yes... I too have been wondering where an ARB twin might fit in the Gladiator interior since I liked the rear storage area mount in the JL and we won't have that option.

Bonus points for using/coining the word "embiggen".

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Good question... and getting ahead of ourselves is what all this is about. It's fun. And truthfully, I don't think of it as getting ahead of myself...

It's cold, calculated, detailed pre-planning and decision making so that when the time comes you simply execute. Fail to plan, plan to fail.

So yes... I too have been wondering where an ARB twin might fit in the Gladiator interior since I liked the rear storage area mount in the JL and we won't have that option.

Bonus points for using/coining the word "embiggen".
The "good" thing is that I'm waiting for a late availability color, so plenty of people will have the time and opportunity to figure this sort of thing out before I get one. I do like spitballing ideas, though.

TWk2toQ.jpg

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S
I fully agree with propkillr. If you see any Sport or Sport S then please get pictures of those. Like to see their wheels. Any if any have the hard trifold tonneau cover on them then I would like to see that. Also love to know if they use the trail rail system to hold down the hard tonneau cover. Also love to see rear bumper and trailer hitch pictures. Thanks much.
9ED35D8C-7A7D-465D-9ABB-292E6065AFF5.jpeg

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Thanks Jeep383-S. I can tell from the wheels that the red truck you posted is a Sport S.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey Jtrubi did you go back and take pictures? Love to see em and to read your report comments.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Hey Jtrubi did you go back and take pictures? Love to see em and to read your report comments.
GIVE US SOMETHING NEW TO READ/SEE. lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys and girls. I’ll be going in a couple hours today. Get any final picture request in soon haha. I’ll take as many pics as possible.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I would love to know how far it is from the top of the hitch insert to the bottom of the tailgate when the tailgate is lowered. Simple reason is because I have a bike rack that I plug into my trailer hitch. And I wonder if the tailgate would hit the bike rack once I lowered the tailgate. Thanks much if you can measure that for me. Am certain that lots of other people here have racks that they have plugged into their hitches.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I saw a video that shows a standard plug in the back seat where there is one on the JL and one in the bed. Could you confirm? Also I wonder if you get the one in the back seat standard and the bed one is part of the option.

Thanks!
Sponsored