Sponsored

Save Half Doors!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yes, but if you order the Jeep from the factory with half doors then it costs the same or cheaper than with full doors. Just like manual is cheaper than automatic, and soft top cheaper than hard top.
True, but I want both, lol.
Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
True, but I want both, lol.
AFAIK, there has never been a Jeep available from the factory with both door sets. It's an interesting idea, but I have a feeling that it'd have a pretty small group of takers - storing a full set of doors year round is more than a bit of a hassle, and you'd be storing 2 sets if you ever wanted to go doorless or run tubes for an offroad event...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
AFAIK, there has never been a Jeep available from the factory with both door sets. It's an interesting idea, but I have a feeling that it'd have a pretty small group of takers - storing a full set of doors year round is more than a bit of a hassle, and you'd be storing 2 sets if you ever wanted to go doorless or run tubes for an offroad event...
There's a lot of stuff jeep has never done before that they could do. Logistics of delivering vehicle and extra set of doors would be tough I bet.

MTH

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, JKUR, JK Chief
Occupation
Professional Wiffleball Player
There's a lot of stuff jeep has never done before that they could do. Logistics of delivering vehicle and extra set of doors would be tough I bet.
They'd have to stuff the half doors, boxed, into the Jeep as it leaves the assembly line. Same thing that's done when the Jeep has the dual top option, the soft top is in the Jeep with two boxes for the windows.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They'd have to stuff the half doors, boxed, into the Jeep as it leaves the assembly line. Same thing that's done when the Jeep has the dual top option, the soft top is in the Jeep with two boxes for the windows.
is there room in the bed of the truck for my soft-top, half doors and 12 sheets of 3/4" plywood?

Mitten2Mountains

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
These are going to be fantastic once they are painted to match the Silver.

They will look amazing if made for JL and JT!

20190611_152539.jpg

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
These are going to be fantastic once they are painted to match the Silver.

They will look amazing if made for JL and JT!

20190611_152539.jpg
Who makes them? Link to buy them somewhere? I still drive a JKU. (c:

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Core doors with the panel removed are kinda weird looking? why even bother IMO??? just don't have a half door or have one. if the core door was smooth with no insert I'd be willing to do $1500 for 4

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
For what they want for half doors from mopar, no wonder they donā€™t sell. The comptroller decided to price them for a gift and promptly called me and informed me that no, no not never.

Iā€™m not a fan of tube doors myself, I want something that will keep the kibble and bits inside when tippy or on the highway.

The most effective solution Iā€™ve discovered other than attempting to surgerize a set of hard doors is strike force zebra, basically a blow moulded poly door.

https://www.strikeforcezebra.com/products I have an ask in on figment for the JLU/JT