Hearsay

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I always wondered why the automatics are priced so high adding 2k to the Jeep vehicle? Is there a logical reason or is it just a ploy to get an extra 2k per automatic unit sold? Starting at 29k is reasonable and adding the extra 2k in for the automatic won’t seem so bad.
Pretty sure it's just easy money since most orders are automatics
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JKU
Like I said I got mine years ago for under 42k. I could probably fine one on google for under 40k, just like you could probably find one for over 50k, maybe you just like to go back and forth? Hey, if you want to pay whatever they ask, congratulations on being so rich.

You are talking about a TRD Pro for 42K or just a TRD?

if you got a PRO loaded for 42K then you got one hell of a deal. Dealers around me want MSRP or mark up on the PROs!!!

OP
OP
Kimdrakula

Kimdrakula

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl, Jeep Wrangler TJ, CJ5
You are talking about a TRD Pro for 42K or just a TRD?
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Double Cab Automatic.
My package included the ¼-inch thick aluminum skid plate, and front hod scoop. 18 inch wheels with Bilstein shock absorbers. All the stuff that I would never really need, lol.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JKU
My package included the ¼-inch thick aluminum skid plate, and front hod scoop. 18 inch wheels with Bilstein shock absorbers. All the stuff that I would never really need, lol.
Didnt think the Pro came with 18s, thought it was either a 16 or 17 inch rim depending on year?

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
You realize the TRD pro comes with everything stock right? That’s why it’s more expensive? The sport hood, 17” TRD pro rims, better suspension, leather TRD pro seats, rigid industries HIDs. All of this comes standard. That’s why the price is 43k MSRP for a manual on these. Def arnt cheap.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The Gladiator is a mid size truck. There for it has to compete within that category. The price point for mid size trucks are anywhere from 18k-42k, respectively. I’ve seen a loaded, top of the line tocoma TRD for 42k. That’s every bell and whistle you can think of.

Now, why on earth would a Gladiator start at 40k base? Why would they be price thousands and thousands more then any other mid size truck? Jeep is competing with other midsize trucks, and with mid size truck prices, duhhh.
Kimdrakula said:
2k above JL, which sounds reasonable. I’ll shell out the extra 2k for the new design and Jeep name.
You realize that 2k above JL pricing is more expensive than any of the midsize trucks on the market right? JL Pricing is comparable to 4Runner pricing which is more expensive than Tacoma Pricing. Traditionally the SUV is more expensive. This is the case in the F150 and Expedition, Titan vs Armada, 1500 vs Suburban, etc. So even paying JL pricing is a premium over the rest of the mid-size market, let alone adding an additional 2-4K on top of that.

OP
OP
Kimdrakula

Kimdrakula

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You realize that 2k above JL pricing is more expensive than any of the midsize trucks on the market right? JL Pricing is comparable to 4Runner pricing which is more expensive than Tacoma Pricing. Traditionally the SUV is more expensive. This is the case in the F150 and Expedition, Titan vs Armada, 1500 vs Suburban, etc. So even paying JL pricing is a premium over the rest of the mid-size market, let alone adding an additional 2-4K on top of that.

I do realize that.

That’s why I’m saying, people commenting on how a base Gladiator is starting at 40k or over is absurd and ridiculous. Jeeps are already ridiculously overpriced

Has anyone ever seen the jumps in price from the 4 doors from 2007, I believe when they were first introduced, until now? Huge jumps in price initially.

Yes, they made a couple things “better” on them, but ever vehicle changes usually to keep up with competition. A year or two after the 4 door was introduced, Jeep realized it was a hit and dramatically increased prices, I mean dramatically.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I do realize that.

That’s why I’m saying, people commenting on how a base Gladiator is starting at 40k or over is absurd and ridiculous. Jeeps are already ridiculously overpriced

Has anyone ever seen the jumps in price from the 4 doors from 2007, I believe when they were first introduced, until now? Huge jumps in price initially.

Yes, they made a couple things “better” on them, but ever vehicle changes usually to keep up with competition. A year or two after the 4 door was introduced, Jeep realized it was a hit and dramatically increased prices, I mean dramatically.
AH, CAPITALISM . . . the Laws of Supply and Demand . . . i.e.; the "greed factor" how ever implicitly implied ! Your right though . . . sticker shock has gotten so "outta-hand" that I find myself becoming more "indoctrinated" to IT ! I used to think, "Shit, 28K for a 2 door Ram 1500?, outrageous!" Then it was, "35K for a Laredo G.C. . . . you nuts"! And Now, 40K seems like "normal" !? You get Hit in the Head often enough with"fake this and fake that" you become "immune" to the realities of just how much $40K or $50K really IS ! WAY Back in 1967 an older brother of mine bought a 3 bedroom, 2 car garaged Split Level on 1/4 acre (suburbia Long Island) for < $15K ! Of course $2 BUCKS could buy you 1/2 bag of groceries!
I've shared in your Military Pay pain for 20 years -- though the Housing Allowances weren't that bad (pretty good being single and better when I got married). A Cool Sport S (if you prefer or need the power windows) would be a very nice addition to your family -- Practical too, and FUN on the weekends to De-Stress the whole gang !
ps; edit . . . did I misspeak about you being military ? Sorry if I did, it was the t-shirt that Quickly saw & though ? If not, it all applies regardless . :headbang:

Sponsored

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
I always wondered why the automatics are priced so high adding 2k to the Jeep vehicle? Is there a logical reason or is it just a ploy to get an extra 2k per automatic unit sold? Starting at 29k is reasonable and adding the extra 2k in for the automatic won’t seem so bad.
My thought: it is a way to market a vehicle cheaper. Walk in the door for our JT Sport marketed at 29k, add auto transmission, hard top, tow package, and destination fee, tax and tags and out the door will be 36k . Lol. Perhaps closer to 33k if we can get one of those dealers who take off 6-7% below invoice.

OP
OP
Kimdrakula

Kimdrakula

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AH, CAPITALISM . . . the Laws of Supply and Demand . . . i.e.; the "greed factor" how ever implicitly implied ! Your right though . . . sticker shock has gotten so "outta-hand" that I find myself becoming more "indoctrinated" to IT ! I used to think, "Shit, 28K for a 2 door Ram 1500?, outrageous!" Then it was, "35K for a Laredo G.C. . . . you nuts"! And Now, 40K seems like "normal" !? You get Hit in the Head often enough with"fake this and fake that" you become "immune" to the realities of just how much $40K or $50K really IS ! WAY Back in 1967 an older brother of mine bought a 3 bedroom, 2 car garaged Split Level on 1/4 acre (suburbia Long Island) for < $15K ! Of course $2 BUCKS could buy you 1/2 bag of groceries!
I've shared in your Military Pay pain for 20 years -- though the Housing Allowances weren't that bad (pretty good being single and better when I got married). A Cool Sport S (if you prefer or need the power windows) would be a very nice addition to your family -- Practical too, and FUN on the weekends to De-Stress the whole gang !
ps; edit . . . did I misspeak about you being military ? Sorry if I did, it was the t-shirt that Quickly saw & though ? If not, it all applies regardless . :headbang:

No you’re right on. Part of my original post was just venting about this situation. The other part is basically telling the people that say they will pay and pay to “wake up”. You are the reason that Jeep keeps raising and raising prices.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Jeep. Every since getting my first one in high school, over 20 years ago. The minute I drove off the lot in that thing, I was hooked. I still remember the feeling of when I first Took the top and doors off. It’s a great feeling. Wiser now then back then, that’s why I see these little, or big price increases. When Jeep sees people will pay 40k and 50k for something that looks cool and is not really that reliable, they will not hesitate to increase the price as much as possible for everyone. It’s already been done before our very eyes.

OP
OP
Kimdrakula

Kimdrakula

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My thought: it is a way to market a vehicle cheaper. Walk in the door for our JT Sport marketed at 29k, add auto transmission, hard top, tow package, and destination fee, tax and tags and out the door will be 36k . Lol. Perhaps closer to 33k if we can get one of those dealers who take off 6-7% below invoice.
Well yes, more “hear say”, but you have the correct idea.

I want auto transmission, hardtop, and Bluetooth, with automatic windows and locks... basically what all other vehicles come standard with. That will be 6k extra please lol

Just_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I've never paid MSRP for a vehicle. That's just to make you think you're getting a great deal when they cut 5k off the price. My GC Trailhawk sticker'd at over 48k and I ended up paying just over 42k. If you buy towards the end of the season or month dealers sometimes are a little more motivated. However, with the crazy hype being worked up, I can see people paying an asking price because they've got to have it. ;)

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I've said this before but just to reiterate it. The mid size truck market (Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, ford) crew cab 4x4 with power options ranges from $29k to $35k. Those all have automatic as standard. Since jeep values the automatic at $2k. The starting price for a jeep gladiator sport S will be between $27k and $33k. If you figure a $2k price between trim then the gladiator sport will start between $25k and $31k. I'm guessing the sport will start at $29k. It will start lower then the jl because the gladiator is a truck and less capable then the wrangler. Because of the wheel base you will not be able to take it the same places you can take a wrangler. And depending on the options or trim with manual transmission you wont be towing much more then the jl.
I want to marry this description of pricing and have plywood.
Sponsored