Sponsored

Gladiator Spotted in Novi, Michigan possibly with Mopar lift, beadlock wheels and 37" tires

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
That’s the mopar lift. Has the fox shocks. Every modified gladiator we’ve seen so far has been on 35s. None seen on 37s yet.

So the picture of the tire shows it's sitting on 35's, not 37's. That could be WITHOUT a lift and just a leveling kit?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Just_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
So the picture of the tire shows it's sitting on 35's, not 37's. That could be WITHOUT a lift and just a leveling kit?
I noticed that too. That's good news because that truck is setup just about right for me. :like:

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Having wider axles for the max tow package would give you more backspacing for larger wider wheels basically? 4.10 gearing is the main reason id go with this package from the dealer for larger tires.

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
I'm thinking about doing the 2 inch Mopar lift myself. Anyone know if it effects the payload and towing capabilities?

I was thinking the same thing, I am towing 3500 lbs + gear that is why I want the JT.

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I was thinking the same thing, I am towing 3500 lbs + gear that is why I want the JT.
I'm pretty sure it is going to effect the towing and payload. I will wait for ARB to come out with the OME 2 inch heavy duty lift. They have one for the JK but the JL lifts aren't out yet, probably will be a few years before they come out for the JT.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm pretty sure it is going to effect the towing and payload. I will wait for ARB to come out with the OME 2 inch heavy duty lift. They have one for the JK but the JL lifts aren't out yet, probably will be a few years before they come out for the JT.
You mean PLYload?

What do the ARB heavy duty lifts do for the jk? like, they allow for more towing and PLYload rating, or to maintain the stock ratings after a lift?

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You mean PLYload?

What do the ARB heavy duty lifts do for the jk? like, they allow for more towing and PLYload rating, or to maintain the stock ratings after a lift?
Firmer shocks with higher weight ratings.
Their main purpose is to increase payload for people who put heavy bumpers and armour on their Jeeps.
I wouldn't say that it necessary increases payload, because even with the HD suspension you should never tow and haul more than what the manufacturer rates it because suspension is not the only factor.
I just have a feeling that these off-road lifts are going to be too soft for towing so the OME HD lift may be the best option to preserve capacity. Although it will make the ride more harsh, I am used to it anyway because my current rig has a very harsh ride.
Also I have a friend with the light duty version on his TJ and he swears by them, apparently there is a big following behind them especially in the Toyota community.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Firmer shocks with higher weight ratings.
Their main purpose is to increase payload for people who put heavy bumpers and armour on their Jeeps.
I wouldn't say that it necessary increases payload, because even with the HD suspension you should never tow and haul more than what the manufacturer rates it because suspension is not the only factor.
I just have a feeling that these off-road lifts are going to be too soft for towing so the OME HD lift may be the best option to preserve capacity. Although it will make the ride more harsh, I am used to it anyway because my current rig has a very harsh ride.
Also I have a friend with the light duty version on his TJ and he swears by them, apparently there is a big following behind them especially in the Toyota community.
Awesome! Be sure to let us know when they do come out with this.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Awesome! Be sure to let us know when they do come out with this.
Okay, like I said it will long time until that happens, they haven't even come out with the JL version yet.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I wonder if the 2 inch Mopar lift could accommodate a 37” tire. And how soon the Mopar lift would be available?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if the 2 inch Mopar lift could accommodate a 37” tire. And how soon the Mopar lift would be available?
they've reported on a rubicon a 35" fits stock, 37" fits with 2" lift. 37" doesn't fit in stock spare location though, only 35"

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
they've reported on a rubicon a 35" fits stock, 37" fits with 2" lift. 37" doesn't fit in stock spare location though, only 35"
That’s really great. I don’t know if I have the patience to wait for aftermarket lift kits this time around. The next issue would be which wheels would work best as far as backspacing to fit a 37x12.5-17 with the wider axels to not stick out too much from the fenders... an issue in NJ. AEV pays careful attention to these details. Did they announce anything for the Gladiator?

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
That’s really great. I don’t know if I have the patience to wait for aftermarket lift kits this time around. The next issue would be which wheels would work best as far as backspacing to fit a 37x12.5-17 with the wider axels to not stick out too much from the fenders... an issue in NJ. AEV pays careful attention to these details. Did they announce anything for the Gladiator?
I asked them last week if they would have JT specific wheels and got a 'no plans at the moment' response. They also haven't had a JT in their shop yet. I like those JL Borah wheels for the JT. They also wrote on their FB page that the JL front bumper would not be out until Fall.

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The Max-tow group will definitely be the ticket for those who want the cheaper path to big tires. I can't believe they fit 37's with only 2" and the non-highline flares.
Why is that?
Sponsored