Sponsored

Invoice vs MSRP

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
If you aren't going to be asking for and getting under invoice, you are part of the problem. Allowing dealerships to overcharge. Invoice is barely under MSRP these days, so people can ask for invoice and dealerships have less of a problem doing it because it's really not that much less.
Screenshot_20190311-085458_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Some months ago I looked at a Honda Passport as a possible plan B vehicle just in case Jeep tries to overprice the Gladiator. And I told the sales lady that if I get one then when it hits their lot not to even think of putting any of those second window sticker items on my car. They put on locking lug nuts, and door edge guards and other nonsense items and try to charge a fortune for them. And the lady had the nerve to try to tell me that it’s their policy that they put all of those items on all of their vehicles and that all customers have to pay for them and that all vehicles are sold at only MSRP plus the second window sticker items. So I told her that they are not in the drivers seat here, that they are not competitive and that they just lost a potential customer.

But this is just part of the issue here. I can pay just $100 and get the 1 percent affiliate pricing. And by doing just that alone no one can try to tack on additional unwanted second window sticker items and they have to sell at one percent below cost. But as everyone knows it’s also possible to get much better deals like buying from Travis at Tricity. So forget paying MSRP, just nuts in this day and age.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
is there a general % off MSRP or Invoice we should be targeting?
Well, as mentioned in the post above yours, joining Tread Lightly for $100 will get you 1% under Invoice. There is no reason to ever pay more than that. It often takes 60 days to get your discount number, so join early. If Tread Lightly is a non-profit, you might even be able to claim that $100 as a tax-deductible donation.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
is there a general % off MSRP or Invoice we should be targeting?
seems pretty easily you can get 6% off invoice with Travis from NC, don't even need to finance it with him. 7% off with financing through them.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If you aren't going to be asking for and getting under invoice, you are part of the problem. Allowing dealerships to overcharge. Invoice is barely under MSRP these days, so people can ask for invoice and dealerships have less of a problem doing it because it's really not that much less.
Screenshot_20190311-085458_Chrome.jpg
i bought my pacifica for about 1% under MSRP last October, then i read all this stuff about 1% under invoice stuff and i'm just stick to my stomach how much i overpaid. People pay MSRP because they simply don't know that you can bargain, or just join a club and save thousands. Oh well. Everybody on this forum should know by now. =)

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
I bought my 2014 Grand Cherokee Altitude "new" back in April 2014 for 5% under invoice. I did not have TL at the time nor did I have any financing discounts. Just a good ole' sit down and crunch the numbers with the dealer until it met where I wanted to be. I'm hoping the same with the JT, and with some dealers it looks like it will be possible (even 6-7% below invoice).
Sponsored