Sponsored

Which dealerships will get the Gladiator first?

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
I'm trying to figure out which Jeep Dealerships (city & state) will get the Gladiator first. I'm asking because I put in my JLU order at a dealership in Boise, ID. very early in the game, before you could build one on the Jeep web site, and I still received my order 4-8 weeks after some other areas. I know CA got them way before ID. I want to order my Gladiator at a dealership that will be receiving the first ones. Does anyone know?
thanks,
Mark
Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
It's another Idahoan!
Welcome to the Forum!
I imagine the biggest (highest sales volume) dealerships and dealers in heavily populated metropolitan areas will get them first. But I have nothing backing that up just an educated guess.

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
It's another Idahoan!
Welcome to the Forum!
I imagine the biggest (highest sales volume) dealerships and dealers in heavily populated metropolitan areas will get them first. But I have nothing backing that up just an educated guess.
I would assume that also and do have a bit of proof. The LA area in CA had the JLs way before Boise. I'm hoping someone as some inside knowledge. Maybe just the largest volume dealership. Anyone know which one that is?
thanks,
Mark

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I would assume that also and do have a bit of proof. The LA area in CA had the JLs way before Boise. I'm hoping someone as some inside knowledge. Maybe just the largest volume dealership. Anyone know which one that is?
thanks,
Mark
Dave Smith claims to be pretty large, idk if it is true.
Dave Smith is the WORLD'S Largest Chrysler Dodge JeepRam Dealer

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
thanks,
Mark
I find it ironic that many of us in CA are planning to buy from the Boise area since they are offering ~7% below invoice on JLs (and likely will do the same on JTs) and most CA dealers don't offer much of a discount, yet you are in the Boise area and willing to come here and pay higher pricing to have one of the first ones.

I would also think transport time may play into it too. It seems much of the time between build and delivery is for transportation, so maybe dealers closer to OH may see them first.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I want to order my Gladiator at a dealership that will be receiving the first ones. Does anyone know?
I don't have an answer, but hope you get one as soon as you can so you can get those Hotheads out there.

Who cares. I don't plan on buying anything marked up so will wait for the dust to settle and get a decent price; most likely near the end of the year.
They're not marked up if you special order. Quite the opposite.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I'm trying to figure out which Jeep Dealerships (city & state) will get the Gladiator first. I'm asking because I put in my JLU order at a dealership in Boise, ID. very early in the game, before you could build one on the Jeep web site, and I still received my order 4-8 weeks after some other areas. I know CA got them way before ID. I want to order my Gladiator at a dealership that will be receiving the first ones. Does anyone know?
thanks,
Mark
And so, what have you done to "figure it out" besides post this inquiry ? I suspect that if you CALLED your Dealer Rep. or sales manager they might give you a "straight answer; then again maybe not - I've found the "boys & girls" in Kellogg to be quite annoying and not forthcoming with honesty OR facts -- just my 2 different experiences with a 16 year gap !
It has been officially put out by FCA/Jeep that there are certain specific "SPECS" dealerships need to fulfill - Regardless of where they are ! The "SPECS" are not an all or nothing; it's more of an "if you can't get this done than if you can get this other aspect done your good to go ! Don't recall which online tv outfit I saw it (just a few days ago) ! I do believe these "SPECS" all involve Dealership only orders - ones they'll be wanting to sell from the lot, not preorders or orders in general by customers.
All I can say is -- all the folks here that seem to have their pants on fire about "gotta be 1st in line" - got me all wore out trying to keep up with the nonsense ! Good Luck finding what you want when you want it though ! :like:
I'm more the patient type - probably cause I don't NEED a ride, I can therefore wait out "the storm" and see what lurks under Clear Blue Skies a few months after the storm ! :) ;)

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I think a lot depends on what options you get as well.

I would also think transport time may play into it too. It seems much of the time between build and delivery is for transportation, so maybe dealers closer to OH may see them first.
Transportation definitely plays a role as well, however I am guessing many of the rail cars go straight to Cali and skip the fly over sections of the country. Jeep might be able to fill a complete load to one destination rather than having to make stops in Idaho, Utah or Nebraska to drop off one sold unit in each spot.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
And so, what have you done to "figure it out" besides post this inquiry ? I suspect that if you CALLED your Dealer Rep. or sales manager they might give you a "straight answer; then again maybe not - I've found the "boys & girls" in Kellogg to be quite annoying and not forthcoming with honesty OR facts -- just my 2 different experiences with a 16 year gap !
It has been officially put out by FCA/Jeep that there are certain specific "SPECS" dealerships need to fulfill - Regardless of where they are ! The "SPECS" are not an all or nothing; it's more of an "if you can't get this done than if you can get this other aspect done your good to go ! Don't recall which online tv outfit I saw it (just a few days ago) ! I do believe these "SPECS" all involve Dealership only orders - ones they'll be wanting to sell from the lot, not preorders or orders in general by customers.
All I can say is -- all the folks here that seem to have their pants on fire about "gotta be 1st in line" - got me all wore out trying to keep up with the nonsense ! Good Luck finding what you want when you want it though ! :like:
I'm more the patient type - probably cause I don't NEED a ride, I can therefore wait out "the storm" and see what lurks under Clear Blue Skies a few months after the storm ! :) ;)
I think the OP is an aftermarket producer. Probably needs his unit for product development. Hence a pretty good reason to want it ASAP.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I think the OP is an aftermarket producer. Probably needs his unit for product development. Hence a pretty good reason to want it ASAP.
Oh . . . I see . HotHead don't have ANY insider "help"? Make a few calls sort of thing ? Well, like I said when in doubt, since FCA put the info out (officially) I suppose a call to "them" would get you closer to an answer ! At least the same one about the "SPECS" ! Let us all know what you find out ?

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
That's exactly it. I didn't mean to stir up a bunch of people. I was just wondering if anyone knew any secrets.
Mark

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly it. I didn't mean to stir up a bunch of people. I was just wondering if anyone knew any secrets.
Mark
Hey thanks for liking my post. Now that we are friends, can I get a free sample? I won't even care if its a pre-production and wasn't quiet perfect and won't be sold. I promise I will tell everyone who gets in my JT about how awesome my Hot Heads are, could even pass our your card. :like:

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Mark
What seems to be the most consistent answer is that the first round of deliveries is going to be based on JL sales and current inventory. So I’d say between 1 and 15 JTs to each dealer. Once those sale the next round of deliveries will be based on order arrivals so geographically speaking how fast they will get there from Ohio via 18wheeler and train. Ohio valley and north east first then Florida And then Atlanta and Texas. After that CA and rest of west coast working towards continental divide.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation