I wrote a script to detect pricing as soon as posted

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
There are lots of folks “jumping” into something else because pricing has yet to be released. It will in no way impact the sales expectations for this vehicle if you do or don’t buy. Lots of folks saying Jeep is silly and will lose customers, blah blah blah.

If your in the market now then maybe waiting for the JT isn’t the best thing to do since it would be lucky if it lands in your driveway by late of summer (July/August). That’s even with ordering.
Sponsored

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Everyone has known for some time now that they will arrive in Spring. You say you were willing to buy one but you bought something else before it was even released.

I don’t know what you expect, they are still in the process of showing the truck to the public. They released the truck to the Media at the LA autoshow which kicked off the unveiling of the truck. They now have to show the truck to the rest of the US and Canada.

They forsure won’t open up the pricing and ordering on a vehicle that hasn’t even been shown to the car buying community. Just because we are sitting here waiting for it, doesn’t mean that their isn’t a huge potential customer base that had no idea it existed.

Smart marketing strategy is to show the truck to their intended audience, give the truck to the media to review. Open up ordering and pricing on the truck. Then start having them arrive in dealerships.

They have always said that it will be arriving in dealerships in spring 2019. It’s not spring 2019. You didn’t want to wait the process. It’s not Jeeps fault.

In the end it’s people like this that complain about Jeep, because they wanted Jeep to rush the process so they can get one.

You got impatient even though you knew the timeline.

That’s it. Not Jeeps fault.
Everyone has known for some time now that they will arrive in Spring. You say you were willing to buy one but you bought something else before it was even released.

I don’t know what you expect, they are still in the process of showing the truck to the public. They released the truck to the Media at the LA autoshow which kicked off the unveiling of the truck. They now have to show the truck to the rest of the US and Canada.

They forsure won’t open up the pricing and ordering on a vehicle that hasn’t even been shown to the car buying community. Just because we are sitting here waiting for it, doesn’t mean that their isn’t a huge potential customer base that had no idea it existed.

Smart marketing strategy is to show the truck to their intended audience, give the truck to the media to review. Open up ordering and pricing on the truck. Then start having them arrive in dealerships.

They have always said that it will be arriving in dealerships in spring 2019. It’s not spring 2019. You didn’t want to wait the process. It’s not Jeeps fault.

In the end it’s people like this that complain about Jeep, because they wanted Jeep to rush the process so they can get one.

You got impatient even though you knew the timeline.

That’s it. Not Jeeps fault.
You are absolutely correct! Thank you JTRUBI

jeepinmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Neat script but you do realize that if the price is on the front page of the site then we all will know what the price is and no need for code..the front end is getting its data from a JSON file called getVehicle.common or something like that if I remember. But still if it’s in that file then the UI will see it and post the price. It’s got fields for mpg and everything to. However...fingers crossed some bad Indian coder pushes their dev site to production with data accidentally and your script picks up on that mistake before it’s corrected. Lol

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Like many of your I've been obsessing over the pricing being posted, because I'm guessing that is also when order date information will be posted. Not wanting to miss a second of it, I wrote a PERL script that monitor's the Jeep.com site and looks for pricing information for the gladiator and notifies me by text message as soon as it finds the price.
Needless to say I will post pricing here as soon as I have an update. But for those of you looking for proof here's a quick video of my script running you can check my video below:

Now it's very possible they will change some formatting on the site that will screw up my script. Or they won't post it to the front page ... but this is all I could come up with.
So, did your script catch the addition of the destination charge/$0 options on jeep.com? Should be a good test if your script is working...

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ination-charges-now-listed-on-jeep-com.14578/

Last edited:

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
So, did your script catch the addition of the destination charge/$0 options on jeep.com? Should be a good test if your script is working...

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ination-charges-now-listed-on-jeep-com.14578/
But he also indicates the script is looking only on the front page. So therefore it would not have picked up the charge/$0:
Now it's very possible they will change some formatting on the site that will screw up my script. Or they won't post it to the front page ... but this is all I could come up with.
Capture.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
My script didn't detect that change.
I'm considering writing a more detailed version of it that looks at every page on the site for changes just in case ... But then I actually have a fulltime job to attend to also ;) Priorities ...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm considering writing a more detailed version of it that looks at every page on the site for changes just in case ... But then I actually have a fulltime job to attend to also ;) Priorities ...
instead could it just detect the price from the rubicon page? Might save you some coding.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Or just use existing web monitors like distill (distill.io)? I've used that to be notified of releases/price changes on other web sites and it works well. Tried it initially on the jeep JT build page, but that page times out after a while, so distill triggered that as a web site change...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Uh. Tech heads. The first thing they have to do is release the price. No price, no need for code! Plywood is a good investment however, for numerous reasons.
Sponsored