Sponsored

7% Below Invoice Pricing for Gladiator!!!

mpsbarra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator LE Granite; Honda HRV
I don't want to tell you how to spend your money but I have some advice/recommendation for you. You should really get your student loans (I'm assuming you do) out of the way first before you start making payments on a car eventhough you will have a well paying job. Longer you drag on that loan the more interest you pay so it is best to concentrate as much money as possible for paying off your loan as fast as possible, also it is a large burden off your shoulders. That's what I did, I had 7.5k in student loan for my Diesel Technology ASE degree. Paid it off in under a year, instead of buying a new car right out of college, now am saving for a down payment on a gladiator and have about 9k.
I appreciate the advice, however I don't care about how much money I'd save in the long run by waiting to buy a new vehicle. I try to optimize my time saved and value/(life) enjoyment that I will get out of certain things when I make the decision buy them (or make the decision to travel/gain new life experiences). I grew up as the oldest child in a paycheck to paycheck family with 7 kids. Growing up I never had much, and my grandparents helped me out by getting me the required necessities (laptop, textbooks, etc). Hell my grandfather would give me his 98 Silverado to prevent me from getting my own pickup. Only since I started working in industry have I been able to get the things I wanted that I believed would have either boosted my productivity or moral/happiness. By the time I graduate my student loan debt will be 23x yours. By the time I finish paying them off, the 2nd (or 3rd even) gen gladiator will be out. Is it financially "irresponsible" to get a new car when I have this much student loan debt, maybe, but I value my time more than money and my moral/happiness won't be at a level I'm anticipating for a few years (to a decade) if I wait (lost time). Could I get any other pickup, perhaps even used? Sure, but it won't be a Jeep. Could I just get a JL? Sure, but it's not a pickup. I won't spend money on something I know I won't enjoy as much as the thing I believe I'd enjoy the most, even if it costs more (within reason). I don't want to look back on life one day and say I wish I had done (bought) XYZ earlier instead of saving money (by not spending). Also I'm at the 17th best graduate school for engineering in the US in a field that is changing the world as we speak (robotics). I think I'll be all set.
Sponsored

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
We are now an Active, Summit Level 3 Sponsor on both the JL & Gladiator Forums!

Pricing for Tri-City Jeep!!!

Standard 5% Below Invoice Pricing on In-Stock & Sold Orders!

6% Below Invoice Pricing with FCA Affiliate Control Number!

Additional 1% Below Invoice Pricing when you finance with Tri-City lender (Does not have to be Chrysler Capital).

That's up to 7% Below Invoice Pricing!!! :rock:

This pricing will be effective on all upcoming GLADIATOR orders!!!

Spread the word & remember to tell your friends ordering with us that you sent them! Referrals are given $100!

*Insert Wave Here :like:

Travis@TriCityJeep
[email protected]

Will call in tomorrow morning to put my name in....

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I have no words other than this may be what’s wrong with our generation. Ugh... millennials. (FYI I’m a millennials)

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Getting a 45k truck for 41.5k isnt something crazy and isnt probably something I couldnt haggle myself. For the hype, dealers will be trying to sell at msrp but I really believe the Rubi will be the only model that they wont really budge much on. I have my subaru lease until 2020 so time will tell for me.

LeadUtensil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX350L
I appreciate the advice, however I don't care about how much money I'd save in the long run by waiting to buy a new vehicle. I try to optimize my time saved and value/(life) enjoyment that I will get out of certain things when I make the decision buy them (or make the decision to travel/gain new life experiences). I grew up as the oldest child in a paycheck to paycheck family with 7 kids. Growing up I never had much, and my grandparents helped me out by getting me the required necessities (laptop, textbooks, etc). Hell my grandfather would give me his 98 Silverado to prevent me from getting my own pickup. Only since I started working in industry have I been able to get the things I wanted that I believed would have either boosted my productivity or moral/happiness. By the time I graduate my student loan debt will be 23x yours. By the time I finish paying them off, the 2nd (or 3rd even) gen gladiator will be out. Is it financially "irresponsible" to get a new car when I have this much student loan debt, maybe, but I value my time more than money and my moral/happiness won't be at a level I'm anticipating for a few years (to a decade) if I wait (lost time). Could I get any other pickup, perhaps even used? Sure, but it won't be a Jeep. Could I just get a JL? Sure, but it's not a pickup. I won't spend money on something I know I won't enjoy as much as the thing I believe I'd enjoy the most, even if it costs more (within reason). I don't want to look back on life one day and say I wish I had done (bought) XYZ earlier instead of saving money (by not spending). Also I'm at the 17th best graduate school for engineering in the US in a field that is changing the world as we speak (robotics). I think I'll be all set.

Got $160k debt, let’s make it $200k, cuz why not lol

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
Awesome discount if the APR % is good! I would never see this in NorCal! :facepalm:

mpsbarra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator LE Granite; Honda HRV
I have no words other than this may be what’s wrong with our generation. Ugh... millennials. (FYI I’m a millennials)
Got $160k debt, let’s make it $200k, cuz why not lol
All of us will always have debts in our lives, with only the total amount varying with time. The biggest difference between us is I'll always have a masters degree in engineering from The Johns Hopkins University, which will pay for itself many times over throughout my life. A worthwhile investment. Getting a Jeep (Gladiator) won't ever pay for itself for me as I have no need for a pick-up. However I am fascinated and enthralled with the design and just "have to have it." The past two years have been miserable for me while I took classes to get this degree and I need an immediate escape to reward myself for quitting my old job to go back to school to get this degree, and this will be that reward. Say what you want about millennials, but the power to automate every task (job) ever is literally in my hands (brain). I'll admit that a robot or AI program may be able to replace my job one day, and I may even be the one to invent it. So if a person responsible for creating hardware or software (ro)bots can admit that even their job isn't safe, I hope everyone else realizes that there is no job or task which is safe from automation. I don't need to stay in tech, I can pivot to education, finance/banking, consulting, politics, anything I want since I have the problem solving and communication skills that humanity needs right now. I didn't realize that when I started but I sure do now and am glad my younger self wanted to study STEM thinking that I would have only been able to hold jobs in STEM throughout my life. This may be "millennial thinking," but I'm not your average millennial.

LeadUtensil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX350L
All of us will always have debts in our lives, with only the total amount varying with time. The biggest difference between us is I'll always have a masters degree in engineering from The Johns Hopkins University, which will pay for itself many times over throughout my life. A worthwhile investment. Getting a Jeep (Gladiator) won't ever pay for itself for me as I have no need for a pick-up. However I am fascinated and enthralled with the design and just "have to have it." The past two years have been miserable for me while I took classes to get this degree and I need an immediate escape to reward myself for quitting my old job to go back to school to get this degree, and this will be that reward. Say what you want about millennials, but the power to automate every task (job) ever is literally in my hands (brain). I'll admit that a robot or AI program may be able to replace my job one day, and I may even be the one to invent it. So if a person responsible for creating hardware or software (ro)bots can admit that even their job isn't safe, I hope everyone else realizes that there is no job or task which is safe from automation. I don't need to stay in tech, I can pivot to education, finance/banking, consulting, politics, anything I want since I have the problem solving and communication skills that humanity needs right now. I didn't realize that when I started but I sure do now and am glad my younger self wanted to study STEM thinking that I would have only been able to hold jobs in STEM throughout my life. This may be "millennial thinking," but I'm not your average millennial.
I’m a millennial making $200k with benefits and no student loans to pay back. Don’t embarrass yourself about the difference between us. No one cares about your backstory, just like no one cares about mine.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
I’m a millennial making $200k with benefits and no student loans to pay back. Don’t embarrass yourself about the difference between us. No one cares about your backstory, just like no one cares about mine.
This is a BS reply. Everyone should feel free to share stories and we can decide to read it or not. Don't assume no one cares or why join a forum?!?

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I say let the man live his dream. If it's a mistake let him learn from the mistake. if it makes him happy to get the truck let him get the truck no one should be judged on here. Hell half of us are broke just dreaming as well :like:

Sponsored

LeadUtensil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX350L
This is a BS reply. Everyone should feel free to share stories and we can decide to read it or not. Don't assume no one cares or why join a forum?!?
To talk about a car. I can care less what he buys and his degrees. He can care less about my responses.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
To talk about a car. I can care less what he buys and his degrees. He can care less about my responses.
Caring is the theme of your responses, and good. It is in human DNA to care. Do you think one does not breathe, similarly?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Don’t care.
Lol. Fair enough. I'll check back in few years. btw, after caring, it goes concern, compassion, and championing. Just in case you want to know what comes after not giving a shit. Lol. My man! Have a good evening. Lol
Sponsored